Hawks must lose the next 9 games to justify predictions.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
That was a very good team we beat yesterday,it’s going to
take a really,really good team to beat us now.
Thats was my thinking at the end of the game yesterday,not much has changed in my opinion this morning.(y)
I don't disagree, that was a quality win. I suspect it would have been a little tighter in the Meadowlands.

I also agree the Hawks are not an easy out which is why I think they get the road win in Glendale.

However, if I had to pick some losses for the balance of the season, the two toughest match ups look like the road games against the Super Bowl champs from 2022 and 2020.

Thank God the Seahawks have 6 of their last 9 games in Seattle.

Slick

Reaction score
I love everything that is happening this year and my gut tells me 9-10 wins can happen. With that said I think the Seahawks lose both games to the Rams and their game with the Niners. This is why I think the game at AZ is so important to win.

FWIW the Rams seem to be Kryptonite to the Seahawks.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
The Jets lost their star RB for the year. I expect to see them plunge into darkness. Also that game is in Seattle. Only non division game I see being a challenge is the Chiefs at Arrowhead. The Bucs, Raiders, and Panthers aren't exactly great thus far, and the Bucs game is in Germany and the rest in Seattle.

IMO it all comes down to how we execute in division games. Those are always hard to call.
Just to reinforce your take on the Jets. Seattle is #6 in team DVOA and the Jets are #11. The Hawks, as you said, get them at home. As mentioned they lost Hall but they also lost Vera-Tucker their top O-lineman. I think all that puts this game solidly in the probable win column for the Hawks.

beaumaris

Reaction score
I don't disagree, that was a quality win. I suspect it would have been a little tighter in the Meadowlands.

I also agree the Hawks are not an easy out which is why I think they get the road win in Glendale.

However, if I had to pick some losses for the balance of the season, the two toughest match ups look like the road games against the Super Bowl champs from 2022 and 2020.

Thank God the Seahawks have 6 of their last 9 games in Seattle.
Nothing like being positive eh! :rolleyes:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I love everything that is happening this year and my gut tells me 9-10 wins can happen. With that said I think the Seahawks lose both games to the Rams and their game with the Niners. This is why I think the game at AZ is so important to win.

FWIW the Rams seem to be Kryptonite to the Seahawks.
I'm not so sure the Niners game is a loss for the Hawks. Team DVOA has the Niners at #8, the Hawks are #6. The game is in Seattle. Garoppolo is not good. They lost their starting CB, Moseley, for the season. However, it's definitely a game I have concerns about, it could go either way which is why I say 7-2 or 6-3 for the balance of the season.

seahawksny

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think anybody is saying that now. And most of the people who did say that, here and in the media, have admitted they were wrong.
Except prisco
I mean I haven't read his stuff in years. Don't even know if he still does that for work.
But his lifelong ambition is to predict the Seahawks losing so I seriously doubt he has given up on that ambition

Mick063

Reaction score
Three weeks ago, I was solidly in the .500 club. The defense had me believing I was going out on a limb with optimism. Hell, the New Orleans QB looked like Jim Brown against the defense.

Then.......The defense was coached up, a couple of players had their time drastically reduced, Bruce Irvin was brought in, and the most dramatic defensive turnaround I have ever seen occurred.

People were not wrong to disbelieve. The defense ranked 30th against the run. 30th! They just made the Barkley/Jones run option look pedestrian.

What cracks me up, is that I read other forums and folks that don't watch this team are stuck on a three-week-old narrative. The same narrative that we were stuck on. We know the team has dramatically changed. They don't. It all reminds me of being at the horse track where some number cruncher is glued to the statistics of the program while some old codger is out sizing up the horses from eye level. Guess who bought the winning ticket.

This is not the right season to win the "I told ya so" game. Why? Everybody was right. It just depends on what snapshot in time you took the picture.

The team is growing, ascending before our very eyes. The team is changing, in season, like no other Seahawk team I have ever seen.

Last edited:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Three weeks ago, I was solidly in the .500 club. The defense had me believing I was going out on a limb with optimism. Hell, the New Orleans QB looked like Jim Brown against the defense.

Then.......The defense was coached up, a couple of players had their time drastically reduced, Bruce Irvin was brought in, and the most dramatic defensive turnaround I have ever seen occurred.

People were not wrong to disbelieve. The defense ranked 30th against the run. 30th! They just made the Barkley/Jones run option look pedestrian.

What cracks me up, is that I read other forums and folks that don't watch this team are stuck on a three-week-old narrative. The same narrative that we were stuck on. We know the team has dramatically changed. They don't. It all reminds me of being at the horse track where some number cruncher is glued to the statistics of the program while some old codger is out sizing up the horses from eye level. Guess who bought the winning ticket.

This is not the right season to win the "I told ya so" game. Why? Everybody was right. It just depends on what snapshot in time you took the picture.

The team is growing, ascending before our very eyes. The team is changing, in season, like no other Seahawk team I have ever seen.
The D and Geno are growing every game. I'm only half unserious when I say we wont lose another game. The Geno I saw last year and the D we started with, would not win many games. That's not who they are today, and it's really fun!

acer1240

Reaction score
I was always an "over" on that 5.5 wins number. Yeah Vegas and all, but to me it was just silly. 🤷‍♂️
Pete Carroll is worth 6 wins alone even if everything goes wrong . If I would have had extra money I would have bet every penny on the over. Sure didn't expect them to get to 6 wins so quickly though. Damn this is fun.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Theres only 1 QB in the NFL this season that less than 10% of his throws are off target. And thats Geno Smith with 9% He has more perfect throws than any qb in the league right now.. and leads the league still in completion % now at 73%

I will eat the biggest damn crow around and admit i was wrong and I am sooooooo happy with Geno Smith.
And A LOT .. of media heads ARE putting him in the MVP talks and including him. Just remember 1 vote means he beat Russell lol

I think we'll take the division. F-anyone who thinks we're losing the next 9

Slick

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the Niners game is a loss for the Hawks. Team DVOA has the Niners at #8, the Hawks are #6. The game is in Seattle. Garoppolo is not good. They lost their starting CB, Moseley, for the season. However, it's definitely a game I have concerns about, it could go either way which is why I say 7-2 or 6-3 for the balance of the season.
What's your take on the Rams? Are they going to turn it around this year? I want to believe we can win those games but my mind says no. Another assumption of mine is that McVeigh lives rent free in Pete Carrol's head but I could be wrong.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I think fans were being realistic calling this a 5 win team..it wasn't insulting. I personally was really excited either way to see a new direction finally being taken as well as a stellar draft with more picks to come. Now that we've seen the magic of Pete Caroll reborn its been the most exciting football in almost 10 years! I honestly have no idea if they hold up or what the overall win record will be but as a fan its sure been entertaining and its sure exciting to look fwd to the games on Sunday. I just take it one week at a time and enjoy it while it lasts or while the winning continues.
No one expected 6 rookies to play this good. In fact 2 could win DROY and OROY, and the two tackles are unbelievable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What's your take on the Rams? Are they going to turn it around this year? I want to believe we can win those games but my mind says no. Another assumption of mine is that McVeigh lives rent free in Pete Carrol's head but I could be wrong.

We shall see in a month won't we?

Did the Ram's give Pete fits? Or just Russell? Cause our offense sure looks dangerous and far more creative and balanced now.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
You didn't read the 300 responses in Fade's Pete bashing thread last week where 90% of us forum members admitted we were wrong, except for Fade?

And all I've seen on ESPN and other online media outlets with the Hawks is hosts and reporters giving Pete and Geno love. Cowherd, Rich Eisen, First Take, Rex Ryan, all the ones I saw were gushing over Pete and the Hawks.

But hey, if you need to exaggerate in order to feel righteous and vindicated, go on with your bad self.
I have fade blocked so no I did not read the responses.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rams have to play a Super Bowl champs schedule which ain't easy. Stafford is a decent QB but he's not elite. Their currently 24th in team DVOA but their schedule gets a little easier on the back nine.