Congratulations to the Patriots on a hard faught win.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Nobodies saying it, so I will. We Are 12s and we have more class than this. We need to remember the gentleman who handed his Sherman jersey to the young Packers fan after the NFC Title game and take a little lesson from it. Are we only humble when we win? I refuse to be a sore loser like some on the Packers forum two weeks ago. The Patriots and yes Brady played one hell of a game, and when it looked like they were having the game slip away from them, they bounced back and retook the lead. Bad play calling was the only thing that kept us from retaking the lead. The game ended just as they predicted it would, just as many of you predicted it would - a nail bighter.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't know what class has to do with it. I don't see many Hawks fans doing anything other than relenting our own mistakes. Nothing wrong with that.

Pats played great. We still could've won. No one to blame but ourselves.

This isn't XL. This isn't 'we got robbed.' This is just straight up 'we had a chance to win against a great team and we blew it.'

byau

Reaction score
Seriously, the Seahawks lost this one.

And despite many things you could point to that the Seahawks "should" lose this one, we still had a chance at the end. That says something.

Anyway, I echo congrats to the Pats .

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
SPIRITOF12

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I agree, we blew it. Worse play call in Super Bowl history. But The Pats put us into the position of having to make that last drive for a touchdown with only 93 seconds left in the game. The bad call did not put us into that do or die drive.

jake206

Reaction score
Good game by the Pats and congrats as much as it pains me to say. Hope to see them in 50 for rematch. You know what they say... "pay back is a ..."

Vetamur

Reaction score
Any Pats fans who visit-- congrats. Except that guy "Ron Burgundy" who is mostly posting in the political section.

But to the rest.. congrats. Dont know you would win 6 out of 11..but you did enough to win today and we didnt. Enjoy the feeling! But dont let it grow on you. We will be wanting that trophy back.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":kpyase5q said:
Nobodies saying it, so I will. We Are 12s and we have more class than this. We need to remember the gentleman who handed his Sherman jersey to the young Packers fan after the NFC Title game and take a little lesson from it. Are we only humble when we win? I refuse to be a sore loser like some on the Packers forum two weeks ago. The Patriots and yes Brady played one hell of a game, and when it looked like they were having the game slip away from them, they bounced back and retook the lead. Bad play calling was the only thing that kept us from retaking the lead. The game ended just as they predicted it would, just as many of you predicted it would - a nail bighter.

On behalf of all Pats fans, we appreciate this thread. We love our team even though most people try to discredit them one way or another.

In this game NE outplayed the Hawks for most of the night, but the Hawks have a penchant for big plays that is astounding and almost pulled this out. Brady showed his mettle and was brilliant, he reminded the world who he was tonight. And the crazy catch and INT at the end were two of the most insane plays ever in a SB.

I also think that the injuries you guys suffered both before and during this game played a role for sure. It requires a lot of injury luck to win a SB. Pats had that this year (finally) and you didn't.

Lastly I wouldn't blame your coaches for that call. Hindsight is 20-20, the call made perfect sense but what happened is football.

chris98251

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":kmilwx1n said:
SPIRITOF12":kmilwx1n said:

On behalf of all Pats fans, we appreciate this thread. We love our team even though most people try to discredit them one way or another.

In this game NE outplayed the Hawks for most of the night, but the Hawks have a penchant for big plays that is astounding and almost pulled this out. Brady showed his mettle and was brilliant, he reminded the world who he was tonight. And the crazy catch and INT at the end were two of the most insane plays ever in a SB.

I also think that the injuries you guys suffered both before and during this game played a role for sure. It requires a lot of injury luck to win a SB. Pats had that this year (finally) and you didn't.

Lastly I wouldn't blame your coaches for that call. Hindsight is 20-20, the call made perfect sense but what happened is football.

Would you want to pass the ball if you had Cory Dillon in your backfield on the 1 yd. line?

byau

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":s0r6xlmo said:
SPIRITOF12":s0r6xlmo said:

Totaly agreed with your statement that the Seahawks were outplayed most of the night. Silver lining for us: we still managed to stay in the game somehow someway. If the Seahawks won, it would really be through a lucky bounce. But your Patriots didn't fold. They "Seahawk'd us". That last play by your rookie intercepting the ball, that is very Earl Thomas-esque (he did that to Jimmy Graham all night in last year's playoffs). Your guys just wanted it more and the better team won in the end

As far as what happened in that last play call? It's easy to blame one play (just like blaming Packers Tight End Bostick on the botched onside kick), but really like you said, Seahawks were outplayed just about all night and there are many things that could be pointed to for the Seahawks loss. That one is just the easiest because, well, despite it all we still had the game in our grasp and that was the one play that failed

Anyway I digress... congrats to you Pats

ScottWade

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2y18357t said:
SPIRITOF12":2y18357t said:

As a Pats fan I'll 2nd that thought. An epic game just as was predicted. At the end, both fan-bases were in shock over two plays. We all thought that we had this game. Does it get any better when the best collide? Could have gone either way. And I have a feeling that next year will be a repeat, well, the odds aren't bad...

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
chris98251":u9ag29si said:
50yrpatsfan":u9ag29si said:
SPIRITOF12":u9ag29si said:

Would you want to pass the ball if you had Cory Dillon in your backfield on the 1 yd. line?

If you listen to Pete's explanation it makes sense. There wasn't enough time to run the ball 2 or 3x, 2nd down made the most sense to try a throw. I think the Hawks also had some respect for the Patriots run D by that point as well, it wasn't a gimme to get into the ez on that play by ground. He'd been stopped for a loss or no gain a number of of times earlier.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually there was plenty of time, a time out was still available, they didn't want to give the Pats the ball with time for a FG I think, there was 90 plus seconds on the clock.

A field goal would be able to tie it.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Is someone deleting posts? I understand it's well within the duties of an admin, but I just want to make sure my connection is messing up.

pugs1

Reaction score

Lastly I wouldn't blame your coaches for that call. Hindsight is 20-20, the call made perfect sense but what happened is football.[/quote]

Congrats on the win. I have the feeling years from now I along with a lot of other Seahawks fans will be able to look back and remember SB 49 for the great game it was but right now it's tough. I agree about the in game injuries playing a role but it just sounds like excuses to me as I type this. IMO throwing it made sense but a slant pass didn't too much bad can happen. Again congrats and enjoy!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":2obpp4en said:

You're right ... but right now, my emotions are fairly raw (as are those of most 12s ... and everyone within the Seahawks organization). Right now, I'm feeling that the Seahawks more LOST that game ... than the Patriots won it. 2nd and 1 and you don't hand the ball off to Lynch? Pfft! We had the Patriots reeling on the ropes and let them off. Disgusting play calling. I know that you're right, but for me, this one's going to sting for some time.

drdiags

Reaction score
Congrats to the Pats. Glad it was a competitive game with ebbs and flows. As the losing side it is tough to get to the finish line in second place but Brady put up 14 pts in the 4th quarter when this defense prides itself in closing people down. It would have been nice to see my team get a second Lombardi but no one is going to gift wrap these things.

There will be plays ran over again in my mind but I tip my hat to the Pats winning a historic number of trophies for Bill and Tom.

Time to look at the draft, off-season storylines and the start of OTAs. Never-ending story.

#1Patriot

Reaction score
To the Seahawks and their fans, best wishes and you had a wonderful season. I know how this game hurts, having gone through the David Tyree helmet catch game, but in prospective you have a really good team and they should be good for quite a while. Don't get too down on Pete, he's a good coach.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2gbzm1t0 said:
Nope, Billicheck wouldn't have made a stupid assed call like the on Bevel did.
This game was handed to the Patriots with one felled swoop of stupidity by Bevel, and Y'all know it.
I'm not a sore loser, but I am a sore fan that doesn't appreciate a dumbass OC for that dumb-shit call, at a critical time in a huge game like this.
And Brady (the tell your ball boy to deflate the balls) is a cheater, and not worthy of praise. :141847_bnono:

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Pats. As painful as this loss is for us Seahawks fans, the Pats won this game fair and square, unlike the Steelers of XL.

I think it's amazing how one play will ultimately make such a huge impact on Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's legacy in the NFL. Brady has instantly gone from "one of the best" to "the best" in some people's minds, and the same will be said of Belichick. Had we simply run it in with Lynch and sealed the deal, the media would be pointing out how Brady has lost his last three Super Bowls and questioning the impact of "Deflate gate" leading up to the game.

The same can be said of the Seahawks. Wilson, whether it was his fault or not, has taken a step back in the eyes of the national media in the "elite QB" argument, and Carroll will not be considered at the same level as Belichick, at least by non-Seahawk fans. Instead of Kearse's catch going down as the most memorable play in Super Bowl history, it will be a cute little anecdote and a highlight that only Seahawks fans will remember years from now. Instead of Lynch being Super Bowl MVP, creating the setup we all anticipated with Goodell handing Beast the Lombardi, we had to endure seeing Tom Brady one more time up there.

And finally, instead of me spending the next several days glued to NFL Network like I was last year, I will leave the TV off and spend more time with my little girls and my dog. And my wife, I guess, lol.

Coach Bevell, my wife thanks you.