The "Game Manager" label ...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone on this forum is tired of hearing the word "Game Manager" applied to Russell. I'm sure coaches, coordinators and even Russell hears it all the time.
If that last throw of the game results in a TD and win, then people would have stopped calling RW a game manager. I really wonder how much this thought influenced the decision. Did we want to make this RW's team and not ML's team? I'm just speculating ... but the fourth quarter play calls were very odd.

I was baffled by how much we threw the ball on the last drive, especially after we reached the 50 yard line with almost 2 minutes to go. I thought the throw to Kearse was ill-advised (although he came up with catch). I had expected read-option, or a good dose of Beast Mode to end the game.
Overall I would say, play calling in the fourth quarter was simply not who we are. I don't think we lost the game on the one play, but I think we lost the game on how we managed the fourth quarter. We got away from what we do best...
Note: Personally, I don't think RW is a "Game Manager". I think he is a great QB. But I don' t think he should be paid top QB money.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Too bad. He's going to get paid big money because that's what he's worth.

Get over it, right now. Either you want a team that goes to the SB or you want a team that sucks.

Seriously, these RW 'don't pay him' threads are getting on my nerves.