Who would replace Bevell?

HawkGA

Reaction score
So my one concern with firing Bevell is who would replace him. We've heard about how teams don't want to hire a coach who goes to the Super Bowl because they wouldn't be able to fill out a staff. So that same logic might apply to Bevell right? Quinn is a bit different because we presumably have in-house talent that can take his place, right?

Then I remembered, we have Cable. He can be the full-time OC, right?

McGruff

Reaction score
I've asked the question multi times, and no one answers.

It's like criticizing the team for signing Track 4 years ago without suggesting who would've been better. He was the best Qb on the Mrket.

If we fire Bevell, he is instantly the best OC available. Who replaces him?

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkGA":19ughuto said:
So my one concern with firing Bevell is who would replace him. We've heard about how teams don't want to hire a coach who goes to the Super Bowl because they wouldn't be able to fill out a staff. So that same logic might apply to Bevell right? Quinn is a bit different because we presumably have in-house talent that can take his place, right?

Then I remembered, we have Cable. He can be the full-time OC, right?

BTW look at Cables track record as a coach. It's horrible every where he has been. How he's still a coach beyond high school with his history is a mystery.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
It's easy to replace him. Just find someone who knows the value of Lynch, and is willing to call read-options and bootlegs with our QB.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
At this point, anyone would be better, really. Russell owns up, Carroll owns up, and Bevell places blame all around. You can't keep a guy like that around

McGruff

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":35x1n79q said:
It's easy to replace him. Just find someone who knows the value of Lynch, and is willing to call read-options and bootlegs with our QB.

Overly simplistic and yet still not an easy task.

McGruff

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2dtng37f said:
At this point, anyone would be better, really. Russell owns up, Carroll owns up, and Bevell places blame all around. You can't keep a guy like that around

Any would be better is fine until you find out anyone is worse.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
McGruff":1simydgi said:
-The Glove-":1simydgi said:

Any would be better is fine until you find out anyone is worse.
You still think the players have faith in a guy that throws his players under the bus?
That's the point

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3s6gi8i0 said:
Austin Hawk":3s6gi8i0 said:

Overly simplistic and yet still not an easy task.

How about someone that understands the identity of the team. A playcaller who will go down making the opposition beat their offensive strength. Last night isn't new, it wasn't a surprise to anyone paying attention. That's who Bevell is. On key downs he'll go for trickery over the teams strength. Go back and watch week one...even though they won I pointed it out then too.

"Who would replace Hasselbeck?" - Probably you in 2010? Demanding someone name a replacement is intellectual drivel.

As far as Cable's coaching record, umm, are you revising history a bit here? He did a damn good job with the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL. He gave that team an identity of toughness. And, he's also made the Seahawks rushing attack the best in the NFL for a few years now. What, oh what are you talking about?

I was on record day one saying just make Cable the OC, he matched Pete's vision. And, since he's been hired he's given this offense an identity.

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1min7ikh said:
McGruff":1min7ikh said:
HawkFan72":1min7ikh said:
I know what play call Tom Cable would have made yesterday.

But look at Cables history. It's horrid.

I still know he would have made the right decision yesterday.

One hypothetical decision does not trump years of coaching failure.

McGruff

Reaction score
slargent4ever":b76efk5o said:
Starting to get the vibe Mcgruff either is bevell, or at least is family.

No. My question is srrious. Who?

I saw two names mentioned. Cable and Bielema. One has failed at every coaching gig he's ever had, and the other is a defensive minded HC under contract with a major university.

I'm really just curious who out there is better with experience with the read option, mobile Qbs and a run first focus. I've tried to find possibilities but am coming up empty.

if anyone has ideas beyond "my dog, .my nephew or my grandma" it would be appreciated.