Weird feeling.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I thought this would hurt alot more than it did, but I'm oddly having no trouble shaking it off.

Unlike some people, I just have this feeling that, with the players we have, and the coaching staff and front office that we have, plus the amazing owner that we have, we're going to be in the mix again next year, and every year after that for the forseeable future, not unlike the team that bested us on sunday.

It's an amazing time to be a seahawk fan, and while this game was heartbreaking, we'll be right back where we were again sometime in the next couple of years, I just feel no doubts about that.

seabowl

Reaction score
bellingerga":sffqefvu said:
I thought this would hurt alot more than it did, but Im oddly having no trouble shaking it off.

Unlike some people, I just have this feeling that, with the players we have, and the coaching staff and front office that we have, plus the amazing owner that we have, we're going to be in the mix again next year, and every year after that for the forseeable future, not unlike the team that bested us on sunday.

It's an amazing time to be a seahawk fan, and while this game was heartbreaking, we'll be right back where we were again sometime in the next couple of years, I just feel no doubts about that.

A win in XLVIII really helps with the grieving process. Without XLVIII, I would be on the ledge.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
But they squandered a one-in-a-generation opportunity to really be special.

The needed SB 49 to make a run at a Threepeat in 50. Now they have to start over from zero. Even if they were to win SB 50 and 51, they'd still only be tied with NE for winning 3 out of 4.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":3f1hxyzf said:

The needed SB 49 to make a run at a Threepeat in 50. Now they have to start over from zero. Even if they were to win SB 50 and 51, they'd still only be tied with NE for winning 3 out of 4.

Counter point the 1985 Bears won a single championship with one of the great all time defenses they did not go back. I think we have a place as a great team all time even if they don't get back to the SB or win X amount of titles.

irocdave

Reaction score
It will take time to get over it, but at least this time the loss was entirely self inflicted. Those 3 obvious intentional groundings calls that were ignored...were not the reason we lost. The reasons were self inflicted and luck ran out with injuries. Not to mention playing against a great HC and QB.

Here's to the Hawks having a healthy year in 2015. Santa Clara bound in 2016.

irocdave

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":2kdwl4rk said:

Don't care. Win it all next year, that's the goal and this team is capable of getting there again, if all the surgeries go well in the offseason and PC / JS do what they do.

swagcity21

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":17t7320t said:

Put that in perspective and re-read what you just wrote. IF that happens we as fans will have witnessed our team go to a super bowl 4 times in 12 years and win 3?????

Now tell me how that would feel to watch our team win multiple super bowls and giving every doubter and hater ABSOLUTELY no response to our success.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Making the Super Bowl, even if only to concede the victory to the other team, is still a hell of an accomplishment in a league of brutal teams, brutal players, and brutal competition. The Seahawks have given us a whole lot of exhilarating and entertaining football in the last 3+ years. That's why I'm able to move on without wallowing in despair, and why I'm not "counting on" a quick return to the Super Bowl to "bounce back." (And don't get me wrong, I absolutely bleed blue and green.) I remain deliriously happy with the organization that has been assembled since PC and JS were brought on board and I think we can all be very proud of the success we've had since.

And we can most likely expect a lot more exciting football to come. I believe Russell will be instrumental in helping the Seahawks win at least two more rings. Just when (and if) those rings are won remains to be seen. Either way, folks, the Seahawks are a heck of a team.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":rhgabkk3 said:

No offense, but that would be incredible and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":1sn2ofj0 said:

And the Cowpies in the 90s IIRC.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":2g0hlygd said:

"only"

Heh.

Yeah, I think I could settle for "only" 3 championships in 4 years. I'd get over that heartbreak.

jake206

Reaction score
Honestly, winning it, prolly wouldn't have felt as great as the first one. But still it would have been nice. Just the ending, leaves an empty feeling. Guess now we know how it feels to be on the other side (9ers loss in NFCC, Packers loss). It'll pass, but man its going to be a loong off-season.