Running Back

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Now with Lynch signed (if true) do you think we are more likely to get a RB in the draft? I do. I don't think they are satisfied with what they have after Lynch. It is not a slam on who we have but more on how much Pete emphasizes the running game. I could see them going for Gurley since it is a bit of risk with injury and they have another year with Lynch. They will have time to develop anyone coming in. Especially under Lynch. If Lynch did not resign maybe they would have gone after a RB in free agency. Just curious what you think.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Turbin and Lynch are set to hit FA after next year and Michael will after 2016. Assuming all stay through their contracts they need to do something at the RB position.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
After they signed Flynn, they got a QB. They bob and weave like few others.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1k0tkz2f said:
After they signed Flynn, they got a QB. They bob and weave like few others.

Yup. No Flynn signing, no Russell Wilson. The Hawks like to head into the draft without any glaring needs...so they're a true wild card.

It's not a scene, its a god damn cold war.

netskier

Reaction score
I think it depends partially on what if coming in next year's draft, but I bet they draft a back this year to develop for continuity.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Gurley would be perfect, as you could just IR him and save the roster spot, thus redshirting him for next year.

Problem is, I'd think he would be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round (unless we trade back). So we'd be essentially burning a 1st round pick on a guy we wouldn't even use this year, when we could get help for immediate needs.

Also, is Gurley THAT much better than any of the guys we could get in the 2nd round ?

The way the RB class is shaping up, we could get damned good value in the 2nd or 3rd rounds for a RB. It's also why I like Gurley......who do we drop if we draft a RB in round 2? Turbin? Michael?

I think Turbin has great value and is under rated here, and I feel like cutting Michael would be a giant waste of his potential.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think it's a certainty that they draft one. What remains to be seen is how high.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I can see us getting a RB but likely not in the early rounds. Even if they've given up on Tukuafu (I know, FA) they're ok at fullback with Coleman coming back. Michael would really have to have burned some bridges if they want to replace him already. Then again, competition and all that.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks have so many picks that regardless of who they draft, at least a few players will find the roster is too crowded for them to break it. If Seattle drafted a RB and had to cut a RB to make it work, it's not really as wasteful as people think because there is bound to be inefficiency somewhere with as many as 12 picks in this draft.

Seattle has shown in the past that they are willing to carry a fourth non-FB RB if they think he's talented. Turbin is a FA next year. Michael is a FA the year after that. This is a very strong and very deep RB class. I could see it happening, though probably not early.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I like Jay Ajayi, if we could snag him in the third round or late 2nd that would be pretty sweet. He has some of the Lynch traits, but needs some work, and looks to be a 3 down back.