Good timing; bring the LoB back annually

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It sounds like Pete is either already way ahead of me or trending this way. Pete, a leader of great accomplishment, admitted he didn't reach the team like he thought he did and that may have played at least some part in the week 1 beating..

Now seems appropriate as any to have a structure in place for the beginning of the year wherein leaders of the SB squad come back and coach, criticize, challenge, and inspire, maybe right after cutdowns, and have them on the sidelines week 1. Helping the players "lock-in", just as they were able to eventually do on their own and maintain for 5-6 years, they remained "locked-in". This seems one of the pillars of championship teams, find yourself as a team, work as one.

As an aside, who is most likely to coach in the NFL from those teams? Bobby?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It sounds like Pete is either already way ahead of me or trending this way. Pete, a leader of great accomplishment, admitted he didn't reach the team like he thought he did and that may have played at least some part in the week 1 beating..

Now seems appropriate as any to have a structure in place for the beginning of the year wherein leaders of the SB squad come back and coach, criticize, challenge, and inspire, maybe right after cutdowns, and have them on the sidelines week 1. Helping the players "lock-in", just as they were able to eventually do on their own and maintain for 5-6 years, they remained "locked-in". This seems one of the pillars of championship teams, find yourself as a team, work as one.

As an aside, who is most likely to coach in the NFL from those teams? Bobby?
I dunno - am I the only one that is getting 2013 fatigue. It even sounds like Pete is, given some of his comments.

I just like it when former players hang around during the off/season. I love seeing Sherm there, and I've liked seeing others. I liked Bruce coming back last year - but even he had his 'coaching challenges' with the lads.

This is neat and all - but as Pete mentions - we need to focus on the game in front of us too.

OP: sorry - wasn't trying to rain on your post here.... Just seems like offseason has been the worldwide nostalgia 2013 tour - between KJ and Sherm's videos, and the new 10 part speed of boom series it's just 'alot'.

But, you do make an excellent point. I don't think there's really any formal mentoring type structure with the team - or any team really. Old players just 'show up' and 'hang out' from what I've seen. So, ya, maybe there's a need for a more formal mentoring typa thing.

Could be I'm just in a bad mood.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I love at my job...when a bunch of retirees show up during the working day to yammer on and whine about "the good old days".

Who doesn't remember the ol' Barney Miller show, when Inspector Frank Luger would show up and set up shop on Barney's couch.

It's such a welcome break from the real work that needs to get done.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They're having a 10-year reunion this weekend. A lot of former players will be back in town.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Despite the underlying depression so far lol, I think pretty much 180 the contrary is reality. The old guys are taking interest because they see what most of us see.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Despite the underlying depression so far lol, I think pretty much 180 the contrary is reality. The old guys are taking interest because they see what most of us see.
I think the "old guys" see a lot of themselves starting to bloom in this team. "Starting to".. still got a little bit to go imo. But itll be a hell of a ride when it gets going.

BASF

Reaction score
The LOB players would not be able to play nearly as well nowadays with the NFL's we want ninety point games rules. Doubt their insights on defensive style will get us more than penalties. </lament>