Seahawks and 3 others offer Cary Williams a contract

kidhawk

Reaction score
All things being equal, I'd say that if those 4 teams are who he's choosing from that it's probably down to the Ravens and Seahawks. If the Jets somehow pull off a Revis move though, he might go there to play with him.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough

kidhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":36hwx3uu said:
Please don't come here

When it comes to Defensive backs, I believe that Pete's system does a lot for guys who normally may not look very good in another system, so I try not to worry too much about guys they decide to bring in when it comes to that particular part of the team.

Sometimes I think Pete could just take volunteers and teach them to be a solid DB.....of course I could be over exaggerating his teaching ability just a little bit.

OP
OP
Hawkfan77

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":pkuenpax said:
Throwdown":pkuenpax said:
Please don't come here

When it comes to Defensive backs, I believe that Pete's system does a lot for guys who normally may not look very good in another system, so I try not to worry too much about guys they decide to bring in when it comes to that particular part of the team.

Sometimes I think Pete could just take volunteers and teach them to be a solid DB.....of course I could be over exaggerating his teaching ability just a little bit.
I pretty much agree with this. I don't think he was bad in Baltimore, which is why he got a good deal from Philly. I wouldn't mind this signing at all

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hhm95rh said:
Throwdown":2hhm95rh said:
Please don't come here

What does that say about humble thug?

OP
OP
Hawkfan77

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2p1xb9bi said:
kidhawk":2p1xb9bi said:
Throwdown":2p1xb9bi said:
Please don't come here

Probably not much because they extended him an offer and let him leave without signing it. Bring in Williams, draft 1 or 2 CBs (signing Williams allows them to continue to let the draft come to them) add a healthy Simon to the mix and let them compete and battle it out

kobebryant

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1rq03sjd said:
kidhawk":1rq03sjd said:
Throwdown":1rq03sjd said:
Please don't come here

Good boundary cb; not suited to play inside against Edelman type guys (Browner couldn't hang with those types and even Sherman might not be all that good having to play shifty little dudes in the slot). Simon being forced into a terrible position in the Super Bowl due to injuries has clouded people's opinions of him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SImon was a rookie last year, per playing time on the field.

Trust me, I was pissed as hell at his performance in the SB, and I'm not ecstatic about him being the #1 on that side going into next season (now we have some competition), but if our GM was as impatient as most fans seem to be, we would never have seen the good years from Maxwell.

Maxwell was injured a lot his first couple of years and took a while to work his way into the starting lineup. Let's see....Simon was injured his first year (due to a preexisting injury from college, so we knew about it), and got plugged in this year, his rookie year on the field.

Simon has looked better than Maxwell and Lane did to start their careers, and got kudos from Sherman as being farther along at that point in his career than Sherm himself was.

I know Simon is the popular .net whoopin boy (and he should be to start the year), but it doesn't mean he's irredeemable. I think he'll be fine going forward, if he can let go of last year, or use it to fuel his performance going forward.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Once again, if the price is reasonable, and the coaching staff thinks that he can push to start opposite Sherm then I'm all for it. The team needs to add depth and I would guess there will be a battle between vets and rookies for those 2-5 spots in the secondary.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Isn't this the guy who i watched get absolutely annihilated in coverage over and over? Or am i mistaken...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Optimus25":17qmgr8a said:
Isn't this the guy who i watched get absolutely annihilated in coverage over and over? Or am i mistaken...

Which playoff game, Carolina or the SB?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Optimus25":2aqdwqab said:

if you're thinking of the eagles, that would be fletcher. williams is the browner-esque hot head.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Yeah he HAS a ring but wouldn't ya think he would love another as part of LOB?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":3kukltwd said:
Throwdown":3kukltwd said:
Please don't come here

100% agree

Go on then guys, why not?

Whilst it's not an exciting signing I think too many people are putting stock into dumbass Philly fan opinion and the fact their secondary was poor as whole. Bradley Fletcher was their biggest issue at a canter, that dude's a horrible corner. Williams isn't Maxi, but we'll be paying $8m less to light a fire up Simon's ass and add some solid depth.

Plus I reckon today's Earl Thomas would make Kelly Jennings look semi-legit.