Mike Tirico on 710, Clarence Hill & Clayton

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brock talking about Dlinemen at 27:00 minutes in:

"Need to know: A lot of things in sports change, but the NCAA tournament remains a constant. You can always expect the unexpected. The Seahawks are in hot pursuit of pass rushers. And the NFL may be facing its stiffest challenge yet, players in their prime leaving the game early."

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":62rg6uid said:
ivotuk":62rg6uid said:
"Danny O'Neil joins the Bob Groz and Tom show. Is Michael Bennett already thinking of leaving Seattle? Could he be headed to Atlanta? Plus, the Hawks are interested in the controversial DE Greg Hardy. "

At 5:50 in ONeill says it's not true

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... roz%20Show

He says the Hawks have denied it, and that Bennett has not asked for a trade. That doesn't mean Bennett isn't planning to ask, and has already informed someone of that decision.
You seem bound and determined to glue some wings on this rumor and get it air born, so tell me something, are you one of those guys that just loves to spread rumors, even if they haven't been substantiated, or is it the thrill of being the one that gets to say "I Told You So" ?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I think he's trying to help us manage our expectations in case it's more than a rumor.

Schadie001

Reaction score
To me all this is nothing more than the same old media garbage. Trying to drum up a story when there isn't one. All I heard last offseason was that lynch is holding out blah blah blah, then that Seattle was sick of lynch and not bringing him back. Well those stories were garbage and we signed lynch to an extension. Now they have to drum up something else, I'll believe it when Bennett is dawning red and black, until then it's all media garbage.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2a20bc8j said:
scutterhawk":2a20bc8j said:
FlyHawksFly":2a20bc8j said:
ivotuk":2a20bc8j said:
"Danny O'Neil joins the Bob Groz and Tom show. Is Michael Bennett already thinking of leaving Seattle? Could he be headed to Atlanta? Plus, the Hawks are interested in the controversial DE Greg Hardy. "

At 5:50 in ONeill says it's not true

He says the Hawks have denied it, and that Bennett has not asked for a trade. That doesn't mean Bennett isn't planning to ask, and has already informed someone of that decision.
You seem bound and determined to glue some wings on this rumor and get it air born, so tell me something, are you one of those guys that just loves to spread rumors, even if they haven't been substantiated, or is it the thrill of being the one that gets to say "I Told You So" ?

Not at all. I am all for truthful recaps, on the other hand.

I hope the rumors aren't true, but hiding your head in the sand doesn't make it so.

It's a matter of CHOICE, now, you can choose to believe what you want, but, as for me?, It's not hiding my head AT ALL, it's ignoring horse shit, non- constructive gossip, instead of taking it as the Gospel.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It's neither the Gospel you presume FlyHawksFly to be taking it as nor the fecal matter you presume it to be yet (although it could and hopefully will proven to be such). It's speculation and speculation is a precursor to both truth and lies. It's not a matter of choice; it's a matter of people having learned to handle the unknown in different ways. You're uncomfortable with entertaining the possibility of Bennett leaving and FlyHawksFly is uncomfortable with not entertaining the possibility. There's no reason to argue over this because both views have their own merits.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2edu1k9u said:
It's a matter of CHOICE, now, you can choose to believe what you want, but, as for me?, It's not hiding my head AT ALL, it's ignoring horse shit, non- constructive gossip, instead of taking it as the Gospel.

At this point I wouldn't dismiss it as a mere rumor, but you certainly can't call it gospel either. The 'rumor' came from Clarence Hill's ( @Clarencehilljr ) tweet: "Per multiple sources, Michael Bennet is seeking a trade to Atlanta and a new contract." Hill is a beat writer for the Dallas Cowboys with a verified account, and I see no personal motivation for him to fabricate this. Imagine how long Claire Farnsworth would have a job for Seahawks.com if he started rumors like that.

KJR interviewed Clarence Hill and he didn't back down. Listen to the podcast at KJR website when Furness gets around to posting it.

Barthawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2qoovtgk said:
scutterhawk":2qoovtgk said:

At this point I wouldn't dismiss it as a mere rumor, but you certainly can't call it gospel either. The 'rumor' came from Clarence Hill's ( @Clarencehilljr ) tweet: "Per multiple sources, Michael Bennet is seeking a trade to Atlanta and a new contract." Hill is a beat writer for the Dallas Cowboys with a verified account, and I see no personal motivation for him to fabricate this. Imagine how long Claire Farnsworth would have a job for Seahawks.com if he started rumors like that.

KJR interviewed Clarence Hill and he didn't back down. Listen to the podcast at KJR website when Furness gets around to posting it.

Big difference between Farnsworth and Hill- Hill works for a newspaper whereas Farnsworth works for the Seahawks directly and can only put out verified information from the team. Hill has the luxury of speculation and rumor when he is doing his reporting.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton addresses the report that defensive end Michael Bennett requested a trade from the Seahawks and how bad information could have been produced. Tyler Olson, a Mariners prospect and Gonzaga product, talks to the guys about trying to break into the bullpen and being called "funky" by the skipper. In "Sweeping the Dial" the guys address the Michael Bennett trade rumor, Jimmy Graham is flying the crying fan to Seattle for a game, and Chris Borland on why he's retiring after one season.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

Clarence Hill, Cowboys beat writer for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, joins "Bob, Groz and Tom" to talk about his report that Michael Bennett wants to be traded to Atlanta.