Three years ago, today.

pmedic920

Reaction score
a76f72d8da7bf535238f82e2711835cb.jpg

I'm good with it :{)

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning Wilson as the QB we should of draft months before draft day. It didn't hit me until after we did drafted him that I started watching his highlight videos and I was blown away. I watched Luck and RG3's too but Wilson was just so dynamic. I would end up just watching anything and everything about him and saw that he was so polish in interviews. Once I heard that he had a chance to compete for the starter position I was thrilled and had this feeling like this kid is going to start, those preseason games helped cement it.

Even after some games where my friends were questioning his ability I was still in on Wilson. I told em never lose faith in Wilson even at the last minute. There's been many games where they thought it was over, but Wilson would come back out and get us a win.

I think it was just destiny that we would have Wilson, the same situation he had to go through at Wisconsin mirrored the way he was able to get the starting position with the Hawks. Not to mention the fortune telling hat that picked the Seahawks as the team to draft him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":84byw7wj said:
I concur. I knew from the preseason game in Kansas City he was going to be something special.
Me too. He was going through his read progressions in a preseason game! Posted something about that the next day here and got little response, kearly IIRC and a couple other folks. But man I was so impressed..........

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":t2rko5iu said:
I remember someone mentioning Wilson as the QB we should of draft months before draft day. It didn't hit me until after we did drafted him that I started watching his highlight videos and I was blown away. I watched Luck and RG3's too but Wilson was just so dynamic. I would end up just watching anything and everything about him and saw that he was so polish in interviews. Once I heard that he had a chance to compete for the starter position I was thrilled and had this feeling like this kid is going to start, those preseason games helped cement it.

Even after some games where my friends were questioning his ability I was still in on Wilson. I told em never lose faith in Wilson even at the last minute. There's been many games where they thought it was over, but Wilson would come back out and get us a win.

I think it was just destiny that we would have Wilson, the same situation he had to go through at Wisconsin mirrored the way he was able to get the starting position with the Hawks. Not to mention the fortune telling hat that picked the Seahawks as the team to draft him.
Pretty sure it was Kearly.

crosfam

Reaction score
I remember watching him almost single-handedly beat a very good Oregon team I the rose bowl. I said "too bad he is so short, he won't get a real shot". That season he was in the news a lot, but I did not see the lack of height until the rose bowl. I thought he was a short version of Cam Newton. Barring injury, I think he is a Hall of Famer someday, and he will beat Cam there for sure.

And to think I was bummed when we did not draft Kapernick or even "gulp"... Terrell Pryor.

original poster

Reaction score
I dread to think where we'd be without him.

Things could have been a whole lot different.

RiverDog

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":aglqwevw said:
I concur. I knew from the preseason game in Kansas City he was going to be something special.

Not me. I was a skeptic, or at least wanted more proof before I got on board. During the preseason, he was playing against second stringers, so it was a little hard for me to judge. Matt Flynn played well, too, in the first half against better quality opposition, did everything he was asked, and didn't do anything that would cause him to lose the job. Nor was I particularly impressed with Russell's outings in the first half of the 2012 regular season, although I advocated sticking with him for the full season come hell or high water.

My jumping on point was the overtime win in Chicago. From that day forward, I was a believer.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Saw a 2012 redraft of the 1st round and we drafted the 2,8,17 overall picks in the redraft. Not bad.

A

Anonymous

For the record:

I have shaken the hand that shook the hand of Russell Wilson.

Can't be sure what was touched with that same hand in-between those hand-shakes, but hey...

original poster

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1a2d3oot said:
For the record:

I have shaken the hand that shook the hand of Russell Wilson.

Can't be sure what was touched with that same hand in-between those hand-shakes, but hey...

I immediately need to shake your hand now.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wilson's first pass at a public training camp; he outplayed the other QB's that day. My dad is a huge hawks fan but not the kind of guy who follows the draft and stuff, I told him - see that guy #3? He is going to be pretty good I think.

A few months later I was buying him a Wilson jersey for his Bday, from the first batch of Wilson jerseys they got in when nobody had one yet. That week he went on to beat the Patriots in that awesome comback at home.

Hawks7