8 Years Ago TODAY

W

Welshers

The Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl. It was something I honestly believed I wouldn't live to see and it was a moment of history that can never be taken from us, regardless of what happened next. Pete, RW and Bobby are the last of that team. We'd be good not to forget that

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Other than the day I was born, this was the greatest day in Earth's history.

Do you believe in miracles?!
Thank you Seahawks for making our wildest dreams come true.

[youtube]kJIuF4OvYgQ[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What the OP said...Never truly expected to see the number one item on my Bucket List ever get checked off. It was always this fanciful dream like winning Powerball. Of course I am greedy and want to see another before it's my time to check out, and one year later we were literally one play away from back-to-back championships.

But I have kept my word that at the end of the day, if I only get to see one SB championship in my lifetime I am eternally grateful.

Special bonus: Les got to see them win it all before he moved on to the best seats in the house. :les:

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":2w1odox4 said:
What the OP said...Never truly expected to see the number one item on my Bucket List ever get checked off. It was always this fanciful dream like winning Powerball. Of course I am greedy and want to see another before it's my time to check out, and one year later we were literally one play away from back-to-back championships.

But I have kept my word that at the end of the day, if I only get to see one SB championship in my lifetime I am eternally grateful.

Special bonus: Les got to see them win it all before he moved on to the best seats in the house. :les:

Yes, a very memorable day indeed to forever cherish. Checked off for me as well. Especially happy that Les got to see it, miss that guy. Anyone stay in contact with this wife?

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
WHAT A DAY it was, and like the other folks, something I hoped to happen at least once before I take my long dirt nap. I couldn't relax and really enjoy it until after the second half kickoff return, when I finally believed it was going to happen. Thanks for the reminder.

Jville

Reaction score
I remember the humble and grateful Seahawk fans of our first playoff appearance. I remember the humble and grateful Seahawk fans of our first Super Bowl. And for that reason, I'm somewhat envious of today's Bengal fans. It's been a long way back from the heart breaking loss of that last game winning drive by Joe Montana & company.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":32uuh07p said:
Welcoming the team back home with a parade and Stadium venue felt like the coldest day in Seattle history.

Holy hell that was the most bone-numbing experience of my life. My wife and I sat in the stadium waiting for the team to finish their parade for the ceremony probably a solid 2 hours which felt more like 2 weeks. It was still worth it to experience that moment, but DAYUM that cold was no joke!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A great day. Even if it only happened once its all I could ask for as its the only team I cheered for that ever won anything. I was expecting the league to steer Peyton to victory that day.

Elemas

Reaction score
Just like any fan…I was nervous. And then at the 14:53 mark of the 1st quarter, I downed the first of a locally made Apple ale in Anchorage Alaska.

I never knew you get get that wasted off such a delicious beverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Once Harvin ran that opening kickoff of the 2nd half for a TD, you knew it was over. Didn't worry even 1 percent after that.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ud6xhv8 said:
Once Harvin ran that opening kickoff of the 2nd half for a TD, you knew it was over. Didn't worry even 1 percent after that.

I was watching at my boss's house. At that point we went out and watched the rest of the game in the hot tub. Most relaxing Seahawks game in history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice! We had about 30 people at the house, I did some snow angels on the carpet, felt my arms burning. Didn't care one bit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We thought it'd never end.

Unfortunately it did sooner than we all thought. But for a kid from the 70's who was a battered and beaten Hawk fan living through the dark years thinking championships were just for other cities and fans, this day was the single greatest day in my long sports fan life.

And for that I'm very grateful.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm with those of you who thought it would never, ever happen. The Holmgren years got the team past the first hurdle (being relevant, at all) and winning a conference championship game was an enormous, ENORMOUS, achievement for this franchise. "Almost won a AFC Championship" was the best this team claim for a quarter of a century before that. I remember being so excited that they almost even won a playoff game against Green Bay.

I think I was still in shock of the SB win when they lost the following year. I wasn't even that upset by the loss against the Patriots. They WON a Super Bowl just a year before.

Regardless of what happens, it's been a fun last couple of decades with this team.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Just need my Zags to finally come out of the Tournament on top and my sports wishes are all granted.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j6mlmpg2 said:

I jumped out of my chair and was screaming like I was at the game, and when Harvin hit the end zone I had to sit down because I felt like I was about to faint. :shock: