Training Camp Question

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
My father and I have tickets to watch training camp on Monday, August 10th. If practice starts at 10am, what time would people in the know recommend that we arrive taking into account how long it takes to ride the bus from the parking lot over to the VMAC? Thanks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No later than 9am, that line gets pretty long. Plus you have to have the person who has the tix under their name go in and get the wristbands. You can also get a better spot at practice by getting there nice and early. I usually go around 8:30, but that's just me wanted to get a good spot.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Whichever of you signed up for the tickets will need to be there early. You'll get in line and sign in on a surface tablet at the end (likely having to show photo ID) and then you'll get the bracelets in return. While everybody can stand in line for the most part only the registered person can go in the building at the end. At that point you'll go back outside and pass the bracelets out to the people in your group and then hop into a second line to get on the buses.

How early you want to be depends a lot on the day and the seating you are expecting. The bracelet line should be pretty short on a Monday until 8:20 or so and will be at maximum length around 9:45. The bus ride only takes 5 minutes and there's a couple of small things you can do when you arrive; merchandise and Sea Gal pictures. Practice will usually be on the field close to the VMAC where people will sit all over the hill (blankets or lawn chairs) or stand down at the fence. A couple of times it has been on the far field in which case your best bet is to go down along the far sideline.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Don't worry about getting there too early. There is plenty of stuff to do before actually finding your spot on the knoll.

A

Anonymous

AgentDib":224qa1wa said:
Whichever of you signed up for the tickets will need to be there early. You'll get in line and sign in on a surface tablet at the end (likely having to show photo ID) and then you'll get the bracelets in return. While everybody can stand in line for the most part only the registered person can go in the building at the end. At that point you'll go back outside and pass the bracelets out to the people in your group and then hop into a second line to get on the buses.

How early you want to be depends a lot on the day and the seating you are expecting. The bracelet line should be pretty short on a Monday until 8:20 or so and will be at maximum length around 9:45. The bus ride only takes 5 minutes and there's a couple of small things you can do when you arrive; merchandise and Sea Gal pictures. Practice will usually be on the field close to the VMAC where people will sit all over the hill (blankets or lawn chairs) or stand down at the fence. A couple of times it has been on the far field in which case your best bet is to go down along the far sideline.

Fun Fact:

Agent Dib is the go-to 12 for anything related to training camp, its protocols, and tips and tricks related to making the most out of your TC experience. If you are a site newbie, pay attention to this poster's contributions.

Buckle your seatbelts, Dorothy, cuz the off-season is about to go bye-bye!

:th2thumbs:
:les:
:mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe you can, but it may have changed. The person who bought them needs to be the one to pick them up. Though I don't think they check that hard really.