Ricardo Lockette elaborates on Hawaii trip and moving on

erik2690

Reaction score
I enjoyed the players Tribune piece and thought he elaborated on the healing of Hawaii here. Honestly, it reiterates RW's leadership to plan that moment.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/637060898859941888[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/637061192486404097[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/637061341048631296[/tweet]

Edit: Google Drive not working from Tweet so I'll add this too: [tweet]https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/637078652807737346[/tweet]

Alternate audio link, about 15 min in: http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Thank god Bevell wasn't there. He'd have probably chosen THEN to hand it off to Lynch and let him run it off the cliff. There's a time to throw and a time not to throw.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i think russ brought them there to talk about it and discuss it because of the politics of the play. I think Russ wanted to throw the game winning touchdown to win the superbowl. He even said he thought it was going to be a touchdown. The story line was perfect. It was going to happen. Then it didn't. I bet many players told Russ don't let your ego get in the way of doing the right thing. Everyone knows the right thing would have been to give it to Lynch, or at very least some type of low risk outlet pass or fade, or even some read option play, etc. That play was the worst possible play call and decision. It needed to be discussed heavily. It was a shocking moment for everyone. Tears were shed, people were yelling....yeah, i definitely see it as a political debate. It was a time to vent about a mistake. I'm glad they got it off their chests.

On to this season!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He's just battling to make the roster. He did not have an impact last week, playing just seven snaps and looked bad on special teams with a missed tackle.

Daniels, Smith, Shead, Martin, etc. have all done more on special teams.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Crizilla":2hn9gkpp said:
i think russ brought them there to talk about it and discuss it because of the politics of the play. I think Russ wanted to throw the game winning touchdown to win the superbowl. He even said he thought it was going to be a touchdown. The story line was perfect. It was going to happen. Then it didn't. I bet many players told Russ don't let your ego get in the way of doing the right thing. Everyone knows the right thing would have been to give it to Lynch, or at very least some type of low risk outlet pass or fade, or even some read option play, etc. That play was the worst possible play call and decision. It needed to be discussed heavily. It was a shocking moment for everyone. Tears were shed, people were yelling....yeah, i definitely see it as a political debate. It was a time to vent about a mistake. I'm glad they got it off their chests.

On to this season!

You don know Russ didn't call the play, right?

Crizilla

Reaction score
HawkGA":33rwllxb said:
Crizilla":33rwllxb said:

On to this season!

You don know Russ didn't call the play, right?

i think something was said or done that we don't know about. The play call doesn't make any sense. I've thought about it deeply, heavily seduced under psychoactive drugs and stimulants. The play just doesn't make sense.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The play came in hot, after the huddle the play came in right after and you can see that everyone thought it was a run play, Lynch and Doug was walking around like what the heck is going on and Russ had to direct them.

That's the moment Bevell decides it was better to pass than to run.

Bevell and Carroll said that play was suppose to be a wasted play.

Russ thought it was a TD because he's a QB, don't you want to win the game if given the chance to prove the doubters wrong? I think that's what he thought. The problem was the play, the pass, and the personnel for it, all went wrong against him.

I'm glad Russ took all the blame, as he should, as any leader should. This is an emotional game, for everyone. Russ took most of the impact from the media and pretty much every comment section mentions that he should of pass at the one yard line, that's going to live with him the rest of his life until he wins another SB.

netskier

Reaction score
Mizzou, if Bevell spiked the Gatorade with LSD, then wouldn't that have been a personnel experiment?

Interesting idea.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' love it, even when you hear a great story about Russ, and his leadership, it still continues w/the voodoo water thing. :th2thumbs:

(I did laugh a little though)

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ha0s9le said:
Russ was just mad because Lockette didn't drink his voodoo water.

LOL was just going to post along those lines but was going to go with

In Hawaii RW gave everyone his magic water and it healed their brains but caused Amnesia about the superbowl last play.

sc85sis

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2kqg5yyq said:
The play came in hot, after the huddle the play came in right after and you can see that everyone thought it was a run play, Lynch and Doug was walking around like what the heck is going on and Russ had to direct them.

That's the moment Bevell decides it was better to pass than to run.

Bevell and Carroll said that play was suppose to be a wasted play.

Russ thought it was a TD because he's a QB, don't you want to win the game if given the chance to prove the doubters wrong? I think that's what he thought. The problem was the play, the pass, and the personnel for it, all went wrong against him.

I'm glad Russ took all the blame, as he should, as any leader should. This is an emotional game, for everyone. Russ took most of the impact from the media and pretty much every comment section mentions that he should of pass at the one yard line, that's going to live with him the rest of his life until he wins another SB.
Every media report I've read has blamed Pete.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":282brn3q said:
Thank god Bevell wasn't there. He'd have probably chosen THEN to hand it off to Lynch and let him run it off the cliff. There's a time to throw and a time not to throw.

This post made me literally laugh out loud.

I am glad the players had that time to talk it out.