Does C-mike have any trade value?

Appleegg1

Reaction score
He hasn't done much, got a contract coming up. All kinds of natural talent, but between here and A&M hasn't sniffed the field a whole lot. Time to move on, does he have any trade value?

On a positive note- he has mad skills at taking photos of money and his Bentley and wow, his mix tapes!!!!

tifferradish

Reaction score
Nope, I bet the best they could get for him is probably a 7th. He's a 2nd round pick that hasn't done anything, there's not much tape on him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not really. And he's so cheap that you might as well just hold onto him and hope he finally plays to some of his potential.

It doesn't help Christine that that Marshawn guy is pretty durable and good at running the ball either. Kind of keeps him off the field for the most part. ;)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I don't think we could get value for him. He still has another year left on his contract beyond this season, which makes him valuable to us. There is still a chance that he starts to develop: reads his blocks, learns how to be more physical, improves his ball security, etc. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 4th, and we are probably not getting that for him now.

OP
OP
A

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd agree. I'd be happy to get a 4 or 5 for him. Hate to cut him, see him go elsewhere and produce. I'm sure he'd get picked up immediately. Gosh he has frustrated some coaches I bet. I don't think we could match any offer he'd get 2 years from now.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, he has talent and the flip side of the 'hasn't played much' meme is that he's pretty low mileage for a 3 year back. So maybe a little value, but it seems doubtful he'd bring us a second day pick.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The guy has been trapped behind Marshawn Lynch, I find it hard to figure out how people are disappointed by him? He does have a fumbling issue but he has also shown he is explosive when given the chance. When he was drafted no one thought Lynch would be around much longer, I highly doubt he would have been drafted that high if management thought differently. He is playing behind Turbin but I think if Lynch went down Michael would be the guy. I think Rawls has been pretty good but Michael is better and to all the people who are on the Rod Smith bandwagon I just want to say WHO???? The guy never even started in college. He has been impressive but he is playing against the people who will soon be looking for different jobs.

Tical21

Reaction score
We could probably get a 6th that would flip to a 4th or 5th conditionally. Just not worth it. We need somebody with some potential in case Marshawn decides to hang them up or has back issues.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Doubt anyone gives up anything more than a 6 for him, and that might be wishful thinking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If C-Mike had a track record of monster preseasons, and a couple great runs during the regular season, then maybe.

But all the dude does is fumble and underwhelm, so no. Hell, he can't even carry the ball in the correct hand, and he's in year 3.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Appleegg1":o6cx0e1o said:
He hasn't done much, got a contract coming up. All kinds of natural talent, but between here and A&M hasn't sniffed the field a whole lot. Time to move on, does he have any trade value?

On a positive note- he has mad skills at taking photos of money and his Bentley and wow, his mix tapes!!!!
Nope.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peppersjap":3m87h2bs said:
The guy has been trapped behind Marshawn Lynch, I find it hard to figure out how people are disappointed by him? He does have a fumbling issue but he has also shown he is explosive when given the chance. When he was drafted no one thought Lynch would be around much longer, I highly doubt he would have been drafted that high if management thought differently. He is playing behind Turbin but I think if Lynch went down Michael would be the guy. I think Rawls has been pretty good but Michael is better and to all the people who are on the Rod Smith bandwagon I just want to say WHO???? The guy never even started in college. He has been impressive but he is playing against the people who will soon be looking for different jobs.
While it is true he is trapped behind ML, he should have passed Turbin, who IMHO is not all that good. I see glimpses of talent with C-Mike, but then it seems to stop.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Michael looks good tonight. I'll continue carrying his flag

hawknation2015

Reaction score
austinslater25":2qiocmto said:
Michael looks good tonight. I'll continue carrying his flag

Not really. He had one run against busted containment in which he ran outside for 29 yards without being touched.

His other six runs went for a total of eight yards, against a bad Chargers' front seven, due to running backwards in the wrong direction on one play and losing five yards.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He can only get what is available to him. Lynch wouldn't of done much more with those 6 carries either. Every scout in the league disagrees with you in regards to his talent yet you keep arguing against it. Maybe you're just wrong?

It wouldn't shock me a bit if he is a complete bust but it won't be because of his talent.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
austinslater25":tmmc97zq said:
He can only get what is available to him. Lynch wouldn't of done much more with those 6 carries either. Every scout in the league disagrees with you in regards to his talent yet you keep arguing against it. Maybe you're just wrong?

It wouldn't shock me a bit if he is a complete bust but it won't be because of his talent.

Just saying, I wouldn't categorize yesterday as "looking good." One run was against a busted defense with no defender in sight, while the other six went for eight yards.

For example, I just checked and PFF gave him a -0.2 grade for rushing in that game. That sounds about right to me when you factor in one gimmee with two nice runs against three bad ones and one terrible.

massari

Reaction score
One draft pick away from having one of the best RB duos ever in Lynch+Lacy. :(

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
massari":2464admf said:

Don't forget that they traded down about 4 slots in the second with Lacy still on the board. He was there for the taking for them...

Anyways, I'd say C Mike does have trade value. Still has 2 years on his contract for dirt cheap, still one of the most physically gifted RBs in the league. I bet some teams would take a chance on him knowing they still have 2 cheap years on that contract.

massari

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":32j7m583 said:
massari":32j7m583 said:

Don't forget that they traded down about 4 slots in the second with Lacy still on the board. He was there for the taking for them...

Anyways, I'd say C Mike does have trade value. Still has 2 years on his contract for dirt cheap, still one of the most physically gifted RBs in the league. I bet some teams would take a chance on him knowing they still have 2 cheap years on that contract.

Wow, I can't remember them trading down. I guess with this move and the Harvin/Tate moves, JS/PC seem a little more human.