Bringing Down the Hausch.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Goddamn, that was a beautiful kick. I didn't know he had it in him. After he missed the 58 yarder, I would not have blamed him for missing the 60 yarder, especially after we shot ourselves in the foot, again. *sigh*

Loved the special teams tonight, twixt the Ginja Ninja destroying everything with his wrecking ball of a foot cannon, and Lockett making everyone in the league regret not taking him in the draft, at least there's something to smile about. :thirishdrinkers:

nanomoz

Reaction score
vin.couve12":qk08ka98 said:
Bump for the reference.

Definitely. And it's geat to celebrate Hauschka taking advantage of the opportunity to prove that he just might be able to boot an asteroid once in a while. I have a hunch Pete (in addition to wanting to win) saw that as a chance to gauge Haushka's leg going into the year.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Here's some facts I found about Hausch Money

He didnt' start kicking football until his sophmore year in college at Middlebury, before that he was a soccer and played lacrosse.
He played in NC State in his senior year

When we first got him in 2011 he was mostly reliable as a under 50 field goal kicker, I remember when we use to fear if he had to kick 50+.

Even last year he was starting to really get the ball up there and his longest was 54 yards with some wind. Seeing as he's been getting better and better I couldn't believe he made that 60 and couldn't believe he was only maybe half a foot off from the 58. Didn't someone said that you can't teach kicking power, but you can learn accuracy. It looks like Hauschka is starting to prove that you can learn kicking power too while already having accuracy.

BigMeach

Reaction score
There was talk last years preseason of him doing some new exercises to build power and that it was working. I forget what they were though.

253hawk

Reaction score
That 58 yarder would have gone (barely) if it had just tracked a little more straight.

253hawk

Reaction score
Wagz getting down with the Hasuch-money after the 60 yarder:

DeficientNeglectedJaguar

bigwrm

Reaction score
Ryan also had several nice punts that game. He seems to have a little more leg this year.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
What he did is put notice out to the NFL about how far back they have to keep us to ensure we cannot score.

One 60 yard kick might seem not as important because it is pre-season, but it is a strong statement that we can score on basically half of the field.

Add Lockett's return ability.....