Week 1 vs STL looking a little easier...

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Nothing about that opener will be easy Foles can play . There's a lot to be concerned about secondary issues O-line issues WR issues . Wilson doesn't look right yet Thomas hasn't played I don't want to sound like we can't win the game we absolutely can but they always play us tough and then were on the road to GB next .

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Tre 'Meh'son's absense will matter much. He had a solid game vs. Seattle early in the year when the Hawks D was in that early season funk, then got dominated later in the year when the Hawks D was clicking. I'm expecting the Rams offense to suck either way.

They might as well have the entire game be punts and kickoffs. Special teams will decide that game. I hope Pete is ready.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
kearly":2siw50e3 said:
I don't think Tre 'Meh'son's absense will matter much. He had a solid game vs. Seattle early in the year when the Hawks D was in that early season funk, then got dominated later in the year when the Hawks D was clicking. I'm expecting the Rams offense to suck either way.

They might as well have the entire game be punts and kickoffs. Special teams will decide that game. I hope Pete is ready.

If special teams decides this game I feel pretty good about it with the ascension of Locket and Hauschka in good form.

Worried as always about Fisher's darned trickery though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":qqgk034u said:

Pretty much how I feel about it. It's going to be a defensive slug fest against two punchless offenses.

My biggest worry is getting Wilson out in one piece, and seeing if Pete is finally prepared for Fisher's trick plays.

I can see this being a 12 - 9 game. I'm just not sure who's going to have the 12.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The way our offense has looked... I'm predicting a pitcher's duel for 9 innings--er, 4 quarters.
Unfortunately, the Lambs prevail 3-2 on a 3-run walk-off blast over the 210-foot centerfield wall from Greg Zeurlein in the bottom half of the fourth quarter, pulling out the 3-2 win.

This wipes out the woulda-been game-winning RBI from Frank Clark, whose two-run shot in the 3rd, tackling the Lambs RB in the end zone, had given the Marin--er, uh, Seahawks, a 2-0 lead.

Hey, it really could almost happen!

OK, really, with all the punts that will be happening, Tyler Lockett is bound to return at least 1 into FG range. So Seattle gets into the St. Louis bullpen, and answers with a 3-run shot of their own from Hauschka Money. Seattle wins, 5-3.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it would be a good game to force feed Graham about a dozen times until they have to triple team him and then we might get our run game going against STL's great DL.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think the offense is ultra efficient and does its usual regular season thing. Cannot wait for the regular season to start!

sutz

Reaction score
Seattle leads 6-0 in the 4th Qtr. Rams stage a late drive and get a long TD catch and run off of a freak collision between Thomas and Sherman. On the extra point, tied 6-6, Seattle blocks the game winning EP attempt and runs it back for the safety.

Seahawks win 8-6!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Trap runs would be very effective against an ultra aggressive Rams front seven. Hopefully the Hawks can put a few in their arsenal, similar to what SF ran against us a few years back.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks win 3-2. Aaron Donald 18 sacks, one for a safety. Tyler Lockett sets up the winning 60 yard FG

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kearly":1ai342a3 said:

Lol this.

Try as I might, I cannot see our offense being ready to roll against the Seahawks defense.

I do think Foles will be the best QB we've trotted out against the Hawks since Marc Bulger in 2004 though. Still, our offensive line looks like a train wreck.

I so wish we were playing any team but the Hawks in week 1...or I just wish the game was in Seattle. Can't see the Rams pulling it out.

Still think we can get swept by the Hawks and win 10 games though, so the outcome won't bother me much.

If our defense shows up, I don't think there will be a TD scored in the game.

Hawks win 9-6

Chapow

Reaction score
I guess I'm a lot less worried about our O than most. Marshawn Lynch is a difference maker and a tone setter. Our offense is going to look a lot different when Lynch is getting 20 carries a game than what we've seen so far in the preseason.

24-9 Hawks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
AM I the only one that thinks this is just another way of Jeff Fisher trying to screw with the Hawks? I have a feeling one of their top two RB's will be there week 1