Through the Preseason....

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
I just wanted to bring this up as it seems that no one has so far.

We've made it through training camp and 3 preseason games - and likely a 4th based on only the reserves playing - with no major injuries to any of our starters or key reserves.

Sad to have all these players falling all over the league, but nice to not have any of them wearing Seahawks uniforms.

I'll take it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For sure, objective #1 for any preseason no matter good your team is is no major injuries.

Bottom line for me is the Hawks are stacked with 90% of the elite talent that got us to the SB last year, so there's no reason we shouldn't again be in the playoffs and competing for another SB run come January.

The offense has looked shaky, and may take 5-6 weeks to get rolling once the O-line is stabilized........but our D should carry the load early in the season. D-line looks fantastic, LB's are stacked and DB's should be OK once Earl is back.

OP
OP
horns_n_hawks

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3umc7eqo said:
KNOCK ON WOOD DAMN IT KNOCK ON WOOD

I get that, and debated not posting, but how are they going to hurt themselves? Blow fingers off with fireworks? :sarcasm_off:

No one of meaning should take a snap on Thursday, and TC is over. Stupidity is our only worry.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Well, now we know who to blame when our players start dropping like flies !!!

I can't seem to find the pitchfork and bonfire emoji so I'll just go with this :thfight7:

OP
OP
horns_n_hawks

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1a9wndxl said:
For sure, objective #1 for any preseason no matter good your team is is no major injuries.

Bottom line for me is the Hawks are stacked with 90% of the elite talent that got us to the SB last year, so there's no reason we shouldn't again be in the playoffs and competing for another SB run come January.

The offense has looked shaky, and may take 5-6 weeks to get rolling once the O-line is stabilized........but our D should carry the load early in the season. D-line looks fantastic, LB's are stacked and DB's should be OK once Earl is back.

Exactly. I feel like the offense isn't looking awesome but it's hard to tell with Vanilla schemes and plays and no o-line continuity. I feel like the line is progressing, just not as quickly as we'd like. Add in Lockett and we might not even have to maintain what we did last year, let alone improve on it. I think they will, but we've always relied on our running game (Lynch has taken 3 snaps) and our defense.

I don't know what to think about the defense right now, but they look like they'll be better than ever. The front seven look like they're destroying guys, and the secondary is hard to figure out without Kam or Earl to kind of bring perspective. ETIII changes the entire back half of the field. A month or two in, we should have 'everyone' back and be back to the way things are.

OP
OP
horns_n_hawks

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
City Of Reign":2z1tjpvo said:
Well, now we know who to blame when our players start dropping like flies !!!

I can't seem to find the pitchfork and bonfire emoji so I'll just go with this :thfight7:

Hey now, I just said no one important was seriously injured in TC or in preseason. I make no guarantees bad luck won't find us like last year.

I could do without having 19 players on IR.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
horns_n_hawks":t0f9il6a said:
Hasselbeck":t0f9il6a said:

I get that, and debated not posting, but how are they going to hurt themselves? Blow fingers off with fireworks? :sarcasm_off:

No one of meaning should take a snap on Thursday, and TC is over. Stupidity is our only worry.

Ummm people get hurt in practice all the time. Kam Chancellor in the last rep in the last practice before the superbowl as an example. You sir are a mor..... I mean I strongly disagree with you and posting this is crazy. Knock on wood sir.

kearly

Reaction score
horns_n_hawks":2ypom3nn said:
I just wanted to bring this up as it seems that no one has so far...

chucknorris_gif1.gif

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bl16o1i said:

OBJECTIVE #2 is probably:

For Veterans: To Not Play To Your Strengths, Play To Strengthen Your Weaknesses

For Rookies/Youth: Play To Find Your Strengths

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":8xg7ggkl said:

We need Aros to save us with some reverse superstition (Seahawks tree, etc.)

Or maybe Paul Allen can bring back the Tanzania adverts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":2gzyqoji said:
We need Aros to save us with some reverse superstition (Seahawks tree, etc.)

I aim to please. :D

1212.jpg

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
horns_n_hawks":34w76ve9 said:
Sgt. Largent":34w76ve9 said:

Exactly. I feel like the offense isn't looking awesome but it's hard to tell with Vanilla schemes and plays and no o-line continuity. I feel like the line is progressing, just not as quickly as we'd like. Add in Lockett and we might not even have to maintain what we did last year, let alone improve on it. I think they will, but we've always relied on our running game (Lynch has taken 3 snaps) and our defense.

I don't know what to think about the defense right now, but they look like they'll be better than ever. The front seven look like they're destroying guys, and the secondary is hard to figure out without Kam or Earl to kind of bring perspective. ETIII changes the entire back half of the field. A month or two in, we should have 'everyone' back and be back to the way things are.

Yes that is right the plays that are called in preseason are totally different in what they will be called during the regular season , a lot of times plays are called during the pre season to evaluate . can not read anything into it. all though Locket sure looks great .

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
horns_n_hawks":2tmd61ve said:
I just wanted to bring this up as it seems that no one has so far.

We've made it through training camp and 3 preseason games - and likely a 4th based on only the reserves playing - with no major injuries to any of our starters or key reserves.

Sad to have all these players falling all over the league, but nice to not have any of them wearing Seahawks uniforms.

I'll take it.
I've definitely noticed it and so have the guys at work. Let's just hope it continues because the key to serious success is usually an injury free season for your core players. Knock on wood sir.

Fade

Reaction score
XBhjsDX_zps55d42d8f.gif~c200

OP. You never talk about not getting injuries. It's like a pitcher throwing a no hitter.

London12

Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are serious about the superstition or no..

Even so, I'm glad I now have someone to blame if it all goes wrong.