MikeRob on Kam, Clayton on w/DD&M, Wyman&Salk Wed AM

ivotuk

Reaction score
Michael Robinson says Kam Chancellor is a "strong-willed guy"

ORIGINALLY AIRED: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

Michael Robinson of the NFL Network says Kam Chancellor is prepared to miss games and even lose money to end up getting what he wants in his holdout. He adds that he was pretty surprised that Christine Michael was traded

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

John Clayton weighs in on the ESPN story in which Seahawks players shared their thoughts about Kam Chancellor's holdout. Also, what could Seattle get in return if it decided to trade Chancellor? If the Seahawks were a car, what would they be? We go around the league and name cars for each team. Listeners weigh in. In "Sweeping the Dial" we revisit the Cougs loss at home to Portland State, the Mariners 5-game winning streak ending, and BYU with an amazing last-second win.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

Dave Wyman joins the show in place of Brock and has WAY more confidence in the Hawks against the Rams than most of us. Find out why here. Wyman also answers 3 football questions in Coors Light's Blue 42, and we wade through a strange entanglement with Captain and Tennille

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

StoneCold

Reaction score
Interesting comments on Kam. This has to be about the Principle. He knows he will likely make less money in his career by holding out and he's OK with that. He has plenty of money. He wants respect.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
StoneCold":3yk3vpp6 said:
Interesting comments on Kam. This has to be about the Principle. He knows he will likely make less money in his career by holding out and he's OK with that. He has plenty of money. He wants respect.
Well he is losing it with the fans. But he doesn't care.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Kam's holdout is baffling. Seattle ripped up a rookie contract early, paid him as the highest paid strong safety in the league outside of berry who is on the old rookie scale and paid bunch up front. Literally makes no sense.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":27d3oh0l said:
StoneCold":27d3oh0l said:
Well he is losing it with the fans. But he doesn't care.

+1

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Kam is a greedy $%$%. I will never cheer for him again. Hope we don't trade him, he sits the bench and rots his remaining career away.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
StoneCold":1uz4hby8 said:

I can't name a player more respected on the Hawks than Kam. If money doesn't equal respect... then what is he looking for? I'm sure he has too much pride to give in at this point. I still fail to understand what more Kam wants. He was on top of the world- Best SS in the league, the Enforcer of the best Secondary in the league, playing for the best team in the NFL. There must be something he's just not sharing with the rest of us.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3czs2vor said:

Anyone who thinks that money = respect has a pretty skewed view of the world and will end up continuously disappointed throughout their life. Not saying that is what it is, but if so that is a pretty sad existence.

ringless

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3hzztww7 said:
Kam is a greedy $%$%. I will never cheer for him again. Hope we don't trade him, he sits the bench and rots his remaining career away.

I don't think this is about greed at all. Dude gives away a ton of money and his time back to the community. There is more to this than greed. He is literally a good guy with great character.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ringless":36r0xb9a said:
ImTheScientist":36r0xb9a said:

I don't think this is about greed at all. Dude gives away a ton of money and his time back to the community. There is more to this than greed. He is literally a good guy with great character.
Yeah, we all know him personally like you. :roll:
He's holding the team hostage and letting down his teammates. What a great guy.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's all about greed and ego.

He came into the game holding a pair of aces and the flop came 3-4-5 all hearts with the team holding 6-7, both hearts.

He's screwed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
StoneCold":b368hhb6 said:
Funny way of going about getting it to me. I guess respect is some kind of code word for money Whatever he can do as pleases but don't expect much "respect".

StoneCold

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":4hak6gjy said:
StoneCold":4hak6gjy said:
Funny way of going about getting it to me. I guess respect is some kind of code word for money Whatever he can do as pleases but don't expect much "respect".

I don't think it's as simple as saying it's about greed or that if money shouldn't or doesn't equal respect. We are only talking about respect in football terms. I know he is burning bridges between himself and the fans, he knows it too. We are asking him to brutalize his body, risk serious injury, possibly life changing injury. It is easy for us to weigh and say, "He signed the contract, now Play!". It's easy for us to say he's doing this because he doesn't love his team mates and he doesn't appreciate his fans. He might, but just not enough to do it for what they are going to pay him. Something happened between signing that contract and today that makes him say, it's not enough. I hate it, but I will respect his right to make that choice and I'm not going paint him as a whiney, petulant child taking his ball and going home, I don't have enough information to do that. He may be maturely and soberly making this choice and fully knows all the consequences. I think it's all together more complex than many posters make it out to be.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
"STUPID is as STUPID does"

I hope he sits the whole season to show the world how STUPID he is.

Donn2390

Reaction score
If he doesn't want to play, he should retire now, or sit and do nothing for three years and see how many teams want an old man who hasn't played in three years and doesn't honor his contracts...
At some point, everyone leaves, Kam just left sooner than expected, life goes on...
I'm over him, let's move foreword..

StoneCold

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":11z63zne said:
:thcoffee:

I presume you've brought coffee for everyone. :)

I know this is a beaten horse. Was hoping to look at a different perspective than Bam Bam bad.

Exittium

Reaction score
StoneCold":3n8vcw67 said:
HoustonHawk82":3n8vcw67 said:
:thcoffee:

I presume you've brought coffee for everyone. :)

I know this is a beaten horse. Was hoping to look at a different perspective than Bam Bam bad.
What other perspective is there? Because he is bad. He's breaking PC three rules. Not being a teammate, all while burning bridges with his fanbase, and blocking anyone who even just says whats the deal.. Dudes gone mental with this holdout. I dont want him here. But I'd rather him sit on the bench for the remainder of his contract. Especially if happens next yr.

Some of you people need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Kam doesn't care about his fanbase or team, or "his brothers Earl and Sherm" Bennet complains all the time, but guess what? He showed up and put in the work still. Not Kam. Guess what, Russell was going to still show up and work if his contract didn't happen. Same with Wagner. But still no Kam.

The dude wants money. Money we don't have. And I suspect the same thing happening next year, because we'll need that money to sign other players to keep. Not on someone who will still have a few yrs on his current contract. So I hope he really enjoys sitting on his ass.

Rob12

Reaction score
Kam is getting into Percy Harvin territory with me. This is the first holdout of this magnitude of it its kind under this CBA (implemented in 2011).

I bet the locker room is fed up with his charade.

Let him holdout until 2018. Then he can go look for that big contract when he's 30.

I've lost so much respect for Kam.

Rob12

Reaction score
Seahawks need to immediately go after the fines now and a portion of his signing bonus. Like, today. Now.