Redux: Good game.

Rex

Reaction score
I'm glad the Rams won and I'm especially glad that the game yesterday was in honor of a dear departed Rams fan known on forums as Thordaddy. He would have enjoyed the politics forum here as much as he enjoyed this game!

Here's to a great season for both our teams! :0190l:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Rex":uzud6h89 said:
I'm glad the Rams won and I'm especially glad that the game yesterday was in honor of a dear departed Rams fan known on forums as Thordaddy. He would have enjoyed the politics forum here as much as he enjoyed this game!

Good, here's the reply I had for you in the deleted thread (it just happened to still be on my chrome clipboard):

Cunningham was off the chain, where the hell did he come from? It'll be interesting to see if he can sustain that level of play or if he just had the game of his life.

Foles impressed me, I knew you guys would be a dangerous team with a decent QB.

I wouldn't get too excited about all those sacks against the crew we put our there on our O-line. They're young and/or inexperienced at even playing that side of the ball and this was their first go as a unit. Hopefully they have a chance to play together long enough to gel as a unit, they did flash some real potential on occasion.

Great game, big plays, crushing defense and dazzling special teams on both sides, congrats on the win! ... don't get too used to it yet, you still gotta come play at our house.

Cheers :thirishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good Game man,it's always a bitch to win in your house.Don't understand the 10am starts every time we play there.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":20ddqqq4 said:
Very intense SB win for the Rams.

Oh wait...

I can see how you would think Super Bowl with how the game ended but it may be for the division. :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
We will be up for the rematch, Rams found the means to hang in there when it looked bad and made the plays to win it, special teams with Austin and then Foles pass and seeing that we had a safety on a deep route didn't matter if he fell or not, typically a mismatch on a go pattern with a SS. Then recognizing the run play call and stopping it.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3t9dh628 said:
Rex":3t9dh628 said:

Good, here's the reply I had for you in the deleted thread (it just happened to still be on my chrome clipboard):

Cunningham was off the chain, where the hell did he come from? It'll be interesting to see if he can sustain that level of play or if he just had the game of his life.

Foles impressed me, I knew you guys would be a dangerous team with a decent QB.

I wouldn't get too excited about all those sacks against the crew we put our there on our O-line. They're young and/or inexperienced at even playing that side of the ball and this was their first go as a unit. Hopefully they have a chance to play together long enough to gel as a unit, they did flash some real potential on occasion.

Great game, big plays, crushing defense and dazzling special teams on both sides, congrats on the win! ... don't get too used to it yet, you still gotta come play at our house.

Cheers :thirishdrinkers:

Cunningham surprised me too. He has been returning kicks but has been the #3 RB behind Stacey, Mason and Gurley. He is a small school RB who was injured his senior year and was restricted at his school's pro day and wasn't invited to the combine. Only the Rams and Titans looked at him. He wasn't drafted but got a lot of interest from teams. Went to the Rams because of Jeff Fisher:

“He was probably the only head coach to reach out to me,” Cunningham said, adding that Fisher told him, “It’s not a bad thing when the head coach likes you.”

“That had a lot to do with my decision,” Cunningham said. “I talked to my agent about it, and we both felt like this was the place to be.”

Foles was a good surprise too. Liked how he bounced back and lead the come back. Liked his throwing down the field too. Flip pass, running the ball, throwing the ball away when necessary, taking the hit to make the play I suppose boils down to good decision making. Appears to be a true leader. Been so long.

I understand that about your O line. In fact the same can be said about the Rams O line. Both O lines get to practice against the best.

Thank you sir and yes that game in Seattle is a touchstone of sorts for the Rams. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2dwo2zek said:
Good Game man,it's always a bitch to win in your house.Don't understand the 10am starts every time we play there.

Thank you sir. I would rather they play the 3 pm start in St. Louis which is 1 pm in Seattle but now that I'm watching via Gamepass it doesn't matter to me.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Rex":2z82d955 said:

Sorry for the loss of your forum member. We know how hard that can be. Interestingly, it came exactly a year to the date (I believe) of us losing our most beloved .netter ever.

Enjoy that defensive line of yours, it's legendary.

drdiags

Reaction score
Congrats on the win. Any word on the DL who went out with the leg injury after he sacked Wilson? It didn't look good but hadn't read anything yet on him.