Reaction score
According to Berman on MNF Countdown.

Wow.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":5f463dgp said:
According to Berman on MNF Countdown.

Wow.

Just saw that. It's an amazing stat. Even in a loss we are always close. Think about how many teams, even great ones that go on to win super bowls lay eggs in the regular season. Since Wilson took over, I haven't recalled watching a game where we just completely worked for 60 min in a blow out.

NINEster

Reaction score
Props to a really amazing defense, and to a good extent that running game.....and for at least 8 games a year, the Stadium too.

Wilson plays a role, but no long time QB has went an entire career without a proper beating.

Montana, Young, Favre, Aikman, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Brady, Ryan, Flacco, Manning P & E, etc. have all gotten their butts kicked by large margins at least once or twice in their careers, or shall I say their teams got their butts kicked.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2esdl90m said:
The streak for the Seahawks goes back even further, to TJack, if I recall correctly.

Russell Wilson's streak goes back to October 2010. Before TJack.

byau

Reaction score
Besides that, there are more positives I'm sure.

What about the first two games we were also ahead in the 4th quarter? (Okay, a negative cuz we didn't finish, a positive for being able to keep it close and we usually DO finish)

There's still some good stuff in there.

MVP53

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":29x5istb said:
FlyHawksFly":29x5istb said:
The streak for the Seahawks goes back even further, to TJack, if I recall correctly.

2011 actually. Lost to Dallas 23-13 on 11/6/11. Lost to Cinci 34-12 the week before that.

Really, more of a Pete Carroll streak than a QB streak.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's an amazing thing to be competitive in every game. No matter how bad the Hawks play, they always have a chance to win in the 4th Quarter. No other team can say that.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MVP53":1dyepkv8 said:
Russ Willstrong":1dyepkv8 said:
FlyHawksFly":1dyepkv8 said:

2011 actually. Lost to Dallas 23-13 on 11/6/11. Lost to Cinci 34-12 the week before that.

You do realize Wilson was at Wisconsin in 2011 and at NCSU in 2010 right?
His last double digit loss was to VTech in 2010.
Sure it was college but we know NCSU and Wisconsin aren't elite programs but Wilson always made plays.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MVP53":3btwnih0 said:
Russ Willstrong":3btwnih0 said:
FlyHawksFly":3btwnih0 said:

Just like winning drives and 4th qtr comebacks this stat is as much a qb thing as it is coaching. Wilson contributed to it directly by throwing few interceptions and handling the ball securely where ever he played.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
So, we've basically been in every game since 2011. Awesome. Every other "contender" during that period of time has had games they've blown, completely, and lost by much more. We'll be 2-2 after week 4 and the only time this will come up is when they talk about seeding later this year.

Go Hawks!

C-Hawkin

Reaction score
Actually, didn't we get a double digit loss against the Chargers last year to break that streak? They kicked a FG in the closing seconds JUST to beat our streak if I recall correctly.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
C-Hawkin":2rrhhinh said:
Actually, didn't we get a double digit loss against the Chargers last year to break that streak? They kicked a FG in the closing seconds JUST to beat our streak if I recall correctly.

Nope Chargers won 30-21.

peppersjap

Reaction score
This 10 point loss is pretty deceiving too since we had the ball late in the game and were driving for the possible game tying score. It is so nice to always be in a game. We were being blown out a few times, GB in the playoffs, Atlanta a couple of years ago and Tampa at home and in each case this team turned it around and either won or at least gave us a lead. we are the only team in the league that has competed like that during the Wilson years.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Also the "having a lead at some point in the game" streak is still alive. Pretty amazing when you consider we were down 21-0 (TB), 20-0 (Atlanta), 17-0 (Houston), 16-0 (GB,) 14-0 (Washington,) and 10-0 (SF,GB) and came back to win all but the Atlanta and the last GB game -- and 4 were playoff games!

Latest posts