Last night is why we watch

Welshers2

Reaction score
Last night was everything good about sports. That's why we watch this stuff. The NFL has been an embarrassing joke at times through the last few years, but games like that is what keeps us coming back. A game that makes a bunch of grown men feel like little kids again.

After trailing the entire game, your backup QB gets the ball at your own 12, needing a TD with one timeout and 1:52 on the clock.... And with the help of a couple magic plays goes and wins the game with the season on the line. It had me tearing up.

This morning I realized I need try and take a minute and forget about the QB debates and the playoff chances and our coaching future and the rest of the season, and just enjoy it. Last night is the entire reason I watch sports. It was everything you want to see for your team at the end of a football game. And with the bad breaks this team has taken this year, we damn well deserve it.

No matter what happens from here, even if the Seahawks lose out, they'll always have that moment.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Last night was everything good about sports. That's why we watch this stuff. The NFL has been an embarrassing joke at times through the last few years, but games like that is what keeps us coming back. A game that makes a bunch of grown men feel like little kids again.

After trailing the entire game, your backup QB gets the ball at your own 12, needing a TD with one timeout and 1:52 on the clock.... And with the help of a couple magic plays goes and wins the game with the season on the line. It had me tearing up.

This morning I realized I need try and take a minute and forget about the QB debates and the playoff chances and our coaching future and the rest of the season, and just enjoy it. Last night is the entire reason I watch sports. It was everything you want to see for your team at the end of a football game. And with the bad breaks this team has taken this year, we damn well deserve it.

No matter what happens from here, even if the Seahawks lose out, they'll always have that moment.
So true.

This is why I could never be in the place where I was hoping they lose for some better draft position or whatever.

I would like to ask those that ight have felt that way...would you trade what we saw last night for maybe moving up a draft position or 2? Or to "force" a coaching change.

I could never. I will take what happened last night EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
It had me tearing up.
I have to admit...as I was watching the replays of the GW TD catch by JSN - I saw shots of fans in the stands going wild and I was surprised that my eyes leaked a bit. i am a lifelong Seahawks fan on the East coast and can only try to imagine what moments like that feel like for fans there.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
So true.

This is why I could never be in the place where I was hoping they lose for some better draft position or whatever.

I would like to ask those that ight have felt that way...would you trade what we saw last night for maybe moving up a draft position or 2? Or to "force" a coaching change.

I could never. I will take what happened last night EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
exactly. whats the point of getting a better pick if you don't have moments like those.