Sexy Flex-y: A love letter to the NFL

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Dear NFL,

I realized you've been busy with appealing to your deflated balls lately, but please, for the love of all things holy, flex the Seattle @ Cincinnati game in week 5 to primetime. I realize it would be 2 primetime games in a row for Seattle, but who really wants to watch (what will likely be) the 1-3 Giants play the 1-3 49ers at the meadowlands. I know you're feeling really good about the backup bowl coming this Sunday (Dallas @ NO), but this slate really isn't working out how you'd envisioned back in June. Do us, the fans, a solid and come to your senses on this issue. If you declare by the end of the day, you'd actually be following your own rules!

Yours, when convenient,

JDemps

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
jdemps":2ga985v2 said:
Dear NFL,

I realized you've been busy with appealing to your deflated balls lately, but please, for the love of all things holy, flex the Seattle @ Cincinnati game in week 5 to primetime. I realize it would be 2 primetime games in a row for Seattle, but who really wants to watch (what will likely be) the 1-3 Giants play the 1-3 49ers at Levi's. I know you're feeling really good about the backup bowl coming this Sunday (Dallas @ NO), but this slate really isn't working out how you'd envisioned back in June. Do us, the fans, a solid and come to your senses on this issue. If you declare by the end of the day, you'd actually be following your own rules!

Yours, when convenient,

JDemps

The Giants don't play the Niners at Levi.

OP
OP
jdemps

jdemps

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2ou58dnl said:
jdemps":2ou58dnl said:
Dear NFL,

I realized you've been busy with appealing to your deflated balls lately, but please, for the love of all things holy, flex the Seattle @ Cincinnati game in week 5 to primetime. I realize it would be 2 primetime games in a row for Seattle, but who really wants to watch (what will likely be) the 1-3 Giants play the 1-3 49ers at Levi's. I know you're feeling really good about the backup bowl coming this Sunday (Dallas @ NO), but this slate really isn't working out how you'd envisioned back in June. Do us, the fans, a solid and come to your senses on this issue. If you declare by the end of the day, you'd actually be following your own rules!

Yours, when convenient,

JDemps

You're right. It's at the meadowlands. Same idea.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
jdemps":thczqh6f said:
seahawk12thman":thczqh6f said:
jdemps":thczqh6f said:
Dear NFL,

Yours, when convenient,

JDemps

You're right. It's at the meadowlands. Same idea.

I hope they do. It would get rid of the 10:00 am game...

OP
OP
jdemps

jdemps

Reaction score
Per nfl.com, it can be done.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jdemps":141exy6n said:
Per nfl.com, it can be done.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

So it would have to be done by today?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Here's the thing, NBC can only flex two games over to SNF between weeks 5-10.

So that's one big obstacle

Second of all, when you look at the Week 5 slate for FOX .. the other games are:

- Chicago at Kansas City (awful)
- Washington at Atlanta (even though the Falcons are improved, this is awful for TV)
- New Orleans at Philly (Brees' status still very unknown, not to mention the Saints stink.. and Philly I guess is a decent ratings pull.. but again.. not the marquee draw they'd hope for)
- Arizona at Detroit (4 ET slot, so only AZ/DET markets will get it.. and the Lions could very well be 0-4 for it)

Seattle vs. Cincy is far and away their best matchup.. thus FOX won't let it go even if NBC wanted it. Especially for a matchup like NYG-SF.

So.. no.. it wont happen.