Open Letter To The Seattle Seahawks

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, all those endorsements really hurt Michael Jordan's production just like religion killed the careers of Barry Sanders and Reggie White.

Wow.... Can we retroactively close this open letter?

BTW, I suspect he's also wrong about Beastmode. It really looks like Lynch is Harvin-ing it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ft434e9 said:
They forgot a few things.

LOB- Pull your head out of your butts and cover a damn tight end
Oline- Stop being terrible
Bevel- your a moron
Oh, and don't pay any attention to THIS self serving moronic post.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ctyjsro said:
StoneCold":1ctyjsro said:
I kind of hate this letter. I don't see how we can connect those events to the actions on the field. Maybe they did, but until there's actual proof that Russell's endorsements are affecting his focus, or that Kam's holdout created friction, or that Bennet and Irvin are not giving there all I don't think it's fair to speculate.

What's this? Maturity?

Hey, no reason to be mean here. :mrgreen:

hoxrox

Reaction score
I would agree there's been some intangibles that has negatively impacted the team's ability to perform up to its potential. The team is not made up of robots; they are humans who are susceptible to internal and external influences.

The psychological, emotional and physical toll of playing in two straight Superbowls and losing the last in such a dramatic and controversial fashion isn't something that the team can just sweep under the rug during some trip to Hawaii. Combine with the offseason distractions - holdouts, endorsements, celebrity girlfriends, big-money contracts, and this was a perfect recipe for a down-year.

The tangibles such as acquiring talent on the o-line, that's on the FO. Deciding to pay RW sooner rather than later - that's on the FO. Deciding to trade for a passing TE, and changing our identity from a power-running team to some sort of a passing team (our personnel weakness), that's on the FO. Continuing to gamble and expect diamonds in the rough in every late round draft pick, that's on the FO. Paying Kelly Jennings-like cornerbacks big contracts, that's on the FO.

It's not all on the FO though. We lost some great coaches as well, and our defense is weaker as a result. It's not as plug-and-play under Carroll as we thought it would be. And of course, players are not playing up to their contracts.

So it is what it is. Beating the hapless 49ers this weekend isn't going to get our swag back, and it won't change the fact that it will take a lot to overcome internally, in order to even make the playoffs this year. The team will need to recapture the identity which made them so successful in the first place, and unfortunately I don’t think that will happen with the current personnel on this team.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Basis4day":1scetvpo said:
StoneCold":1scetvpo said:
And anyone who doesn't think Bennett is playing his ass off isn't watching. And Irvin was upset the Hawks didn't pick up his option. It's not like he was a FA and chose his current contract.

+1 to this. Without Bennett, Irvin, Avril and KJ...this defense is not even close to good. Anyone not seeing that these four guys are balling out and worth paying is not watching the same game I am.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":889lxyr6 said:
We scored on about every offensive possession we didn't have a penalty. I'd say the game plan designed by Bevell and the execution without those infractions was spot on. So in that letter, I'd be hoping they'd give Bevell a contract extension.

Scoring on the two point conversions is kinda like a possession in itself. So our failures in those situations is a beautiful microcosm of Bevells stupidity.

Yeah, let's extend the guy who's nfccg gameplan got us like negative yards through three and a half quarters. Oh, and the super bowl was only saved from Bevell s incompetence by a receiver who could have been sleeping on a couch during the divisional round for all i know, but then goes and rips out a hundred some yards.

Our offense continues to sputter when we need them to sustain a drive or pick up a first down. A brand new shiny offensive line is unattainable for the near future. Trying a new philosophy with a new coordinator is the only possible resolution. It may not work, but it literally can only get worse if we hire singletary for the job.

Stats that back this offense don't do justice for all the times we've needed a flip in field position and muster twelve yards of offense.

kearly

Reaction score
Rat":2zkj342p said:
I laughed hard at the line about Marshawn not craving the spotlight. Lately, he has been in more shows and commercials than anyone this side of Peyton Manning. That comment was especially odd since it was written right after a condemnation of Russell's endorsements.

I also thought point five about talk radio was pretty funny, since points 1-4 sounded like they were written by Mike Salk.

The celebrity QB stuff hurts my brain every time I hear it.

And going after Bennett... really? He never held out for a single minute this season, and all he's done is have his best season ever so far in 2015. I hate it when players gripe about money but Bennett actually has a legit gripe.

AVL

Reaction score
It sounds like some need a reality check with their unbridled expectations in which the contribution is background noise.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":7gbh7x4m said:
Siouxhawk":7gbh7x4m said:
We scored on about every offensive possession we didn't have a penalty. I'd say the game plan designed by Bevell and the execution without those infractions was spot on. So in that letter, I'd be hoping they'd give Bevell a contract extension.

Scoring on the two point conversions is kinda like a possession in itself. So our failures in those situations is a beautiful microcosm of Bevells stupidity.

Yeah, let's extend the guy who's nfccg gameplan got us like negative yards through three and a half quarters. Oh, and the super bowl was only saved from Bevell s incompetence by a receiver who could have been sleeping on a couch during the divisional round for all i know, but then goes and rips out a hundred some yards.

Our offense continues to sputter when we need them to sustain a drive or pick up a first down. A brand new shiny offensive line is unattainable for the near future. Trying a new philosophy with a new coordinator is the only possible resolution. It may not work, but it literally can only get worse if we hire singletary for the job.

Stats that back this offense don't do justice for all the times we've needed a flip in field position and muster twelve yards of offense.
We differ on our opinions, so be it. I think Bevell's part of the solution in turning this around, especially when it comes to getting RW back on track. I also think his gameplan and routes are sound, a feeling echoed by our top wide receiver yesterday. So yeah, I think he's a good asset to the team.

gcolby

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1pbugehm said:
They forgot a few things.

LOB- Pull your head out of your butts and cover a damn tight end
Oline- Stop being terrible
Bevel- your a moron

LOL :D

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7uyw006e said:
Optimus25":7uyw006e said:
Siouxhawk":7uyw006e said:

We differ on our opinions, so be it. I think Bevell's part of the solution in turning this around, especially when it comes to getting RW back on track. I also think his gameplan and routes are sound, a feeling echoed by our top wide receiver yesterday. So yeah, I think he's a good asset to the team.

And truthfully, i love there's someone out there to debate with on this.
I just didn't think there was anybody left.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":37sv87xq said:
Siouxhawk":37sv87xq said:
Optimus25":37sv87xq said:
Siouxhawk":37sv87xq said:

By and large, most just want to recapture the feelings of the last years. If that happens, they are happy.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The Kam Chancellor situation was the most damning to this team, no one can convince me otherwise. I feel it in my heart.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Optimus25":ox4u3aji said:
Siouxhawk":ox4u3aji said:
Optimus25":ox4u3aji said:
Siouxhawk":ox4u3aji said:

Bevell has never been part of the solution. You cannot defend poorly called scripted plays, because they are scripted i.e. pre planned. Nothing in that is adjusting to the game, it's making a guess at what will happen.

I don't think Bevell is the worst OC of all time but I think the scripted plays make him look severely worse than what he is at times and I have a hard time defending him for that because he refuses to change.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
]quote="Optimus25"]
Siouxhawk":nanby3fq said:
Optimus25":nanby3fq said:

I just didn't think there was anybody left.[/quote]

Bevell has never been part of the solution. You cannot defend poorly called scripted plays, because they are scripted i.e. pre planned. Nothing in that is adjusting to the game, it's making a guess at what will happen.

I don't think Bevell is the worst OC of all time but I think the scripted plays make him look severely worse than what he is at times and I have a hard time defending him for that because he refuses to change.[/quote]
I think most teams come out with a series of scripted plays that likely take them through at least the first two drives. I have no problem with the play designs. They work well when executed correctly. Hard to execute correctly when the offensive line is breaking down repeatedly. Hopefully that changes this week.
As far as adjustments, I disagree with you completely. I think Bevell, in conference with Pete, has proven over and over again that he makes proper adjustments at halftime. We're known as a second-half team and that's not by coincidence.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer had a good take on Bevell. Twice now he has been asked to put a square peg in a round hole. This time with Graham it's even harder than Harvin. You have a TE that can't block. When he's in they know what we're doing. When he's out wide they know what we're doing. When he's out they know what we're doing. On top of that he can no longer run the ball because our line not only sucks but is so penalty prone they make even trying impossible.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2fgconqc said:
The Kam Chancellor situation was the most damning to this team, no one can convince me otherwise. I feel it in my heart.

^^^

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Only thing missing from this letter was lamenting over Cam Newton dancing.