Not sure they will ever figure out how to use Jimmy

HawkerD

Reaction score
Money would have been better spent on maxwell at this point. I don't know why but we simply can't figure it out. 3rd and three should be a gimme with jimmy yet we don't get him the ball. His targets seem more to keep the questions at bay vice being an integrated part of the Offense. I get that the oline is giving him much time but a quick throw out of shot gun or from a 3 step drop should be doable. Bree's was able to get him the ball and so should Wilson.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkerD":1cedqheb said:
Money would have been better spent on maxwell at this point. I don't know why but we simply can't figure it out. 3rd and three should be a gimme with jimmy yet we don't get him the ball. His targets seem more to keep the questions at bay vice being an integrated part of the Offense. I get that the oline is giving him much time but a quick throw out of shot gun or from a 3 step drop should be doable. Bree's was able to get him the ball and so should Wilson.

That seam route catch he had should be our bread and butter.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have been sitting hear trying to figure out what the point of trading for him was if we are not even going to use him...........

Optimus25

Reaction score
it's called overthinking it.

bevelling it.

graham would be the most unstoppable sandlot player ever. EVER. i'd rather guard jerry rice than jimmy graham on the playground.

just go out and throw him the damn ball. that's it.

but complicate everything with your playaction and slow developing routes, and you have this dumpster fire.

cesame

Reaction score
The problem with this team throwing on 3rd and short is it seems like it's either a longer developing play or every receiver runs an out route to the sideline. Almost every 3rd and 2 or 3 Graham is sent on an out to the sideline and the defense is all over it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This offense will not change at any point from it's current state. It is what it is and what has always been under this staff. Don't get your hopes up.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1veaincg said:
This offense will not change at any point from it's current state. It is what it is and what has always been under this staff. Don't get your hopes up.
I'm afraid you are right. I just wish we could get a little more creative. :!:

RussB

Reaction score
I thought at first they really just couldnt get him the ball. But now its just ridiculous. they dont even throw him the ball. HE DOESNT BLOCK GOOD. i dont see why they keep making him block so much. did genius bevell not see wtf he did in new orleans? seriously its not that hard to make him run a streak or a post route deep. The guy is known to make catches covered by multiple defenders, wtf are you not throwing it to him for.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
I'm curious what Schneider's exact vision for Graham was when he made the acquisition and what his opinion is now of how that vision is being implemented by the coaching staff.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
People were asking for Big receivers. Big receivers, big receivers ...
How many times have we thrown to Matthews? He showed he could catch the ball in the SB. But we don't play him. We don't throw to him.
I hear people complain about us not drafting Receivers. We HAVE receivers ... we just don't throw to them.
I see Russ throw to Luke Willson constantly ... but rarely to Graham. Something is crazy here. Something is not right. Something is JUST NOT RIGHT.
We should throw the ball to Jimmy 10 times in a row to make a freaking point. WTF is wrong with this team?

Did we even have play action today? I don't remember ...

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2rhhjevs said:
People were asking for Big receivers. Big receivers, big receivers ...
How many times have we thrown to Matthews? He showed he could catch the ball in the SB. But we don't play him. We don't throw to him.
I hear people complain about us not drafting Receivers. We HAVE receivers ... we just don't throw to them.
I see Russ throw to Luke Willson constantly ... but rarely to Graham. Something is crazy here. Something is not right. Something is JUST NOT RIGHT.
We should throw the ball to Jimmy 10 times in a row to make a freaking point. WTF is wrong with this team?

Did we even have play action today? I don't remember ...

We only use play action on 3rd and long, when no one with half a brain would bite.

And Bevell is just a stubborn idiot who will run the same offense regardless of the talent on his team. It's obvious he needs to go.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
One thing is certain. JG is watching what was once a fast track train to the HOF coming to a screeching halt.

To his credit though, so far, and there were rumblings recently which he quelled himself, is he is keeping a good attitude about it. For now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
5-6 yards worth of protection, and every route he's asked to run is longer than that, what doesn't Bevell get?

The idea of using vertical separation is apparently lost on Bevell. That spread 4 wide running formation was a flat out joke.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think there is little likelihood Bevell will ever figure out how to use Graham or Matthews and doesn't know how to adjust his O to deal with the lack of pass protection. The promise of a 2 TE formation being effective is a pipe dream.

Aikman identified the curious 4 wideout running formation, Cincie's DC already had, and every one of the times it was used their D stuffed the running play. The design of that play is for sure curious.

Why the team can't figure out how to use their height to advantage with certain players is very concerning.