Seahawks are going to win the SB in 2020/2021

John63

Reaction score
lukerguy":1h3l1l7s said:
- 60MM in cap space (most they've had in recent years)
-3 picks in the top 2 rounds
- Ifedi should be gone
-Penny was coming in to his own before the injury
- Russ is incredibly getting better
- Lockett and DK locked up for a few years
- Diggs a piece that can make the scheme work, locked up for a few years.
-Shaq looking like a #1 corner
- Ifedi will be gone
- Britt back healthy

They still need some work, but they have the key pieces to do something special next year, and I think they will.

Areas for improvement:
- I'd be okay if they spent 3/4 of that cap on DLINE. They have to figure out a way to improve the pass rush. All top teams can get pressure with 4 man front (See LA,SF). Sign Clowney. Exit Ansah.
-New D coordinator with DLINE specialty.
- Improve Oline simply by Ifedi just leaving. Also, add a + interior guard.
-Sign or draft a CB to replace Flowers.
-I don't think KJ Wright's play/age justifies $8MM per year.

- I wouldn't spend money on any positions other than DLINE/OLINE and CB2.

Ahh one problem same HC there for same wating of a half of football.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1ijgj3yr said:
Notice how many 1st round picks dot the Niners roster now? They suffered for a long time to accumulate the roster they sport now. One reason that makes it tough for us to gain ground fast through the draft is our continuous run of success. At best we pick late in first round every year. So we trade that one for more picks later. Schneider and Carroll have made an art form of that scheme. It is not a get rich quick idea. However, looking at their overall accomplishments it's hard to argue for changing what they do in the way of roster building.

Or...

Our continuous run at picking lousy 1st round draft choice.

When the league penalizes a team for cheating they confiscate your 1st round draft picks, there by really putting your team behind the 8 ball. Hawks do that to themselves, on a yearly basis and it's been hurting us.

Wonder how good this team could be had it, 4 or 5 serviceable 1st round draft choices on this team?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hit big on later round picks consistently, whine about missing on some 1sts..

This place is full of shit sometimes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, people have already made up their mind that the draft in April sucks. And it hasn't actually happened yet.
After every pick: That pick sucks! You didn't pick who I WANTED so you don't know what you're doing!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
2011 25 James Carpenter OG Alabama
2012 15 Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia [22]
2013 No pick [23]
2014 [24]
2016 31 Germain Ifedi G/T Texas A&M
2017 No pick
2018 27 Rashaad Penny RB San Diego State
2019 29 L.J. Collier DE TCU

There's only 1 pick that was worth a darn here.. and even he from all reports could have been taken in later rounds.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2lra837f said:
2013 No pick [23]
2014 [24]
2017 No pick

There's only 1 pick that was worth a darn here.. and even he from all reports could have been taken in later rounds.

What about all the other picks in the other rounds?
You're going to mention Collier and ignore Metcalf? (Wilson, Kam, Sherman..)

First rounders are no guaranteed either. Given the overall track record of the staff in drafts, seems an easy thing to bash on, but maybe not reflective of their true success?

WarHawks

Reaction score
When you're almost always picking at the bottom of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd, it's not surprising they have a hard time getting past the divisional round. Over ten years, the law of averages rears its ugly head. Maybe it's time to trade up for a game changer D lineman?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seymour":bh9kadq4 said:
Uncle Si":bh9kadq4 said:
Sports Hernia":bh9kadq4 said:
Seymour":bh9kadq4 said:
We have more holes next year than this year.

2020 would be lucky to get as far as 2019 IMO. Sure it's possible, but far from "all signs point to #1".
Very true.... but looks like they will have a ton more cap space. I don’t see a SB appearance next year but maybe the year after if they draft well and avoid a ton injuries.

What holes?

I really don't know the contract situation of the team outside Clowney

Clowney, Ansah, Fant, Ifedi, Reed, Jefferson, Kendricks, Prosise all leave roster holes that will need to be filled.

Odd post. To be a hole that needs to be filled compared with the previous year I would argue the player leaving would need to at least be slighlty over league average. Ansah, Fant, Kendricks, Prosise, don't fit that. Ifedi and Jefferson maybe only slightly fits that. Clowney and Reed imo should only be described as causing a hole that needs to be filled, in my mind defined as a likely net negative if not addressed with urgency.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Need some veteran talent on the defensive line.

It’s hard to count on second year players that haven’t produced consistently.

I imagine Seattle will look to pay Clowney and pay a few more veteran defensive players.

Green, Jefferson, Collier, Woods, Reed, was pretty bad.

Need some proven talent and mix in young guys as rotators until they can produce consistently.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ml6bki5m said:
Bobblehead":ml6bki5m said:
2013 No pick [23]
2014 [24]
2017 No pick

What about all the other picks in the other rounds?
You're going to mention Collier and ignore Metcalf? (Wilson, Kam, Sherman..)

First rounders are no guaranteed either. Given the overall track record of the staff in drafts, seems an easy thing to bash on, but maybe not reflective of their true success?

They weren't 1st round draft choices.

Because organizations spend a lot of monies to evaluate players, the odds of success of finding a great player is generally higher in the firsts rounds. Not to say, you can't find players in lower rounds, like Wilson, Metcalfs, Wagners, or that your first rounder wont be a bust, it happens. So, I"m just saying gambling on a higher draft choice to be the foundation of your club is easier found in the first round. That said, JS and PC have an alternative idea about how to draft.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ifedi was 6th best OL in the playoffs. He is better then the the lemmings are preaching. If he cuts flags down he will be a good player. This next year is the one you have to see but he probably is gone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1y8a4114 said:
Ifedi was 6th best OL in the playoffs. He is better then the the lemmings are preaching. If he cuts flags down he will be a good player. This next year is the one you have to see but he probably is gone.
It can’t always be, “we’ll see next year.”
Or, “he’ll be better next year.”

You can only say that for so long.

At some point, you’ll need to cut ties with a player.

Any and all players, even the greatest of all-time players aren’t great forever.

Let Ifedi go.

It’s past his time.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We’re not going to a Super Bowl under Carroll again, period.

Largent80

Reaction score
Quinn and Fowler both available on DL. Logan Stenburg on the OL gives us a young stud OT and could be had in the 3rd round.

There are other good mid round OL available. DL is a weak draft.