Not punching them In the mouth

stang233

Reaction score
I know so much has been discussed about the woes this year but to me the biggest problem is we lost our dirt bags. Two years ago and even last year we would beat the hell out of teams. Punch them in the mouths. Just jab jab jab until they would fold.... Remember the seahawk affect. Something like teams were 0-12 after playing us because they were so beat up. We need to get back to our nasty selves! We are not a beat u up team anymore.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Breno Giacomini was the best at this. He used to get into people's heads so much. He would push them until they snapped, then hold up his hands and back away laughing while they got a flag. I miss that guy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well can I say,,,,,,I miss the old Richard Sherman. Confrontational, brash, hubris, badass , don't f with me corner. I'm the best! I love the 70's Raiders mantality. So what if there's controversy. Bring those bad ass penalties. Bring it back dammit, bring that nasty!! I want to win and don't care how. I don't . I really don't. Patriots still winning. Bring back the bullies!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
And the sad thing is,,,, Richard can never go back to his old self. He can be good and or great but we will never see the old Shoeless Dick Sherman. So sad.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2y68jsj5 said:
And the sad thing is,,,, Richard can never go back to his old self. He can be good and or great but we will never see the old Shoeless Dick Sherman. So sad.
Why can't he?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1wrxseii said:
Well can I say,,,,,,I miss the old Richard Sherman. Confrontational, brash, hubris, badass , don't f with me corner. I'm the best! I love the 70's Raiders mantality. So what if there's controversy. Bring those bad ass penalties. Bring it back dammit, bring that nasty!! I want to win and don't care how. I don't . I really don't. Patriots still winning. Bring back the bullies!

Yep, I've been saying this for weeks.

Honestly I never thought Richard would change, he had such a fire in his belly to prove all the haters wrong.

But he's NOT the same player he was pre- $$$ and pre baby. Teams are no longer afraid to throw to his side, which severely hamstrings the entire defensive philosophy of taking away half the field on passing downs.

If this defense ever wants to regain it's edge and ferocity, #1 on the list is Sherman playing like his hair's on fire. Not sure that's a switch that can flipped.

firebee

Reaction score
I've noticed this... We're not playing Seahawk Football.
Seahawk football IS ABOUT punishing the team physically in the first half and keeping the other team in striking distance.
Seahawk football IS NOT ABOUT punishing the team in the first half on the scoreboard and trying to get a big lead.
Seahawk football IS ABOUT controlling the TOP in the first half, so the opposing offense can't get into a rhythm.
Seahawk football IS NOT ABOUT making the big play and going for the quick strike early.
Seahawk football IS ABOUT Press Cover 3 and being physical with the receivers and getting pressure on the QB.
Seahawk football IS NOT ABOUT mixing up coverages, playing off and trying to confuse the QB with different schemes.
Seahawks football IS ABOUT putting the game away in the 2nd half and burying opponents on the scoreboard with big plays after they're physically worn down from being pounded on in the first half.
Seahawk football IS NOT ABOUT being conservative in the 2nd half and playing to keep the lead.

If you run your big plays in the 1st half, the opposing defense makes the adjustments to stop you from making those big plays in the 2nd half. If you score quick on the 3rd or 4th play of a drive, you don't give your offensive line the reps to get in rhythm and be effective in the 2nd half. If you don't pound a defense with the # of plays ran and the TOP in the first half, they're fresh and more effective against the offensive line that didn't have a chance to develop a rhythm.

STOP PLAYING SAINTS FOOTBALL & START PLAYING SEAHAWK FOOTBALL.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO: "playing not to lose" opens the door for the other team, especially in the 4-th quarter. It has been shown in all of the games so far this season. I think they should play balls-out on every single play, regardless of any big lead they have. I also have problems understanding PC's clock management as In the SB with time running out as a good example. Always playing to win instead of playing not to lose makes a lot sense to me.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":u7n0dt2g said:
seahawkfreak":u7n0dt2g said:
Why can't he?

I really think he felt embarrassed after the Craptree rant. He didn't like taking away the attention from the team. I can see him talking trash on the field but I doubt we'll ever see another ,you mad bro moment. The Thanksgiving game last year was pretty cool, against the 9ers. That was more of a set up by fox though.

Rocket

Reaction score
I think he's thinking of things beyond the field. The wife, the kid, the house... same old $hit that changes us all... being a Daddy.
Before seeing my kid come out of the chute I was a workaholic & a playoholic and an alcoholic. Then I saw my daughter and everything changed.

Latest posts