Arizona makes me nervous. Not the team. The place.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You know a heck of lot about Seattle for living 250 miles away. You visit often I take it? A few times a week? Or maybe you are right about at least one thing. Maybe, sometimes, "our perceptions are not reflective of reality".
You have fun with the armed folks in Arizona. Think of them like you are just visiting a neighbor......who just happens to be wearing a bullet proof vest and toting a few extra clips just to make sure.
I know enough about Seattle that I can use a rhyme to navigate in the downtown area: "Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Protest". I'll gladly buy you a beer if you can de-code that riddle. It has to qualify me as being just as knowledgeable of the Emerald City as a full-time resident.

I'll take those armed folks in Arizona, of whom I've never seen in my numerous trips to the state, over those plywood windows, panhandlers, and smell of human waste at every alleyway in downtown Seattle.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Arizona: Come on vacation, leave on probation.

Mind your Ps and Qs while in 'zona, don't drink after so much as a whiff of alcohol or you'll end up in a tent city, dressed in pink from head to toe, wondering where everything went so wrong.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I dunno. Maybe it is just me, but armed, masked people taking pictures of license plates at ballot drop boxes? And a sizeable chunk of the state's population think that this is a good idea?

Nope. Not going to spend my money in a place like that. It really isn't a political issue for me. It is a safety issue. Won't step foot in a state like that. I don't trust people that feel compelled to express their belief with a display of lethal intimidation.

You will notice that I didn't comment like this the first time around. Only when pressed for more clarification did I elaborate more. This is because I genuinely do not want to be perceived as imposing my world view upon you. But.....you responded to me directly and wanted to know why.

But that is just me. Have at it. Go co-mingle with them. Enjoy yourself. Hope you have a good time.
Everything you posted was after the influx of Californians moving into the state after Covid. I lived in Arizona for over 20 yrs moved out in 2020 prefer the east side over the west side. Arizona is great if you can deal with the heat and dirty air in the summer

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
A lot of complaining going on about the Cardinals stadium when I first moved to Arizona I was going to Cardinal games at Sun Devil Stadium it was all aluminum bench seats with no shade in September the temperature is still in the 100s. The only good thing is there was a bunch of cool bars close by to get tanked up at. ASU had it right by having kickoff at 730pm and not 130 that the NFL has

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
A lot of complaining going on about the Cardinals stadium when I first moved to Arizona I was going to Cardinal games at Sun Devil Stadium it was all aluminum bench seats with no shade in September the temperature is still in the 100s. The only good thing is there was a bunch of cool bars close by to get tanked up at. ASU had it right by having kickoff at 730pm and not 130 that the NFL has
Went to plenty of mid day games when I went there 90-93. Jello shots in 110 degrees with no shade.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Playing on the road in Arizona during early fall is always an extra challenge. Just look at how UW has struggled down there the last 10 years or so.