Any love for Marsh

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I only seen him really during preseason, and he seemed like something more than ST gunning. I heard him speak on the radio, kind of a door, but came across as a good kid.

I only hear about Clark. Is there any chance this guy can play? Do you locals have any insight?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't think he's all that great. Hopefully he gets better but not impressed with his play to this point.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He was pretty active last game. I see him around the ball a lot. I don't have any good info on QB hurries, but he's almost getting home on the pass rush, some times moving the QB off his spot.

He has been very good in the run game from what I've seen. Good at setting the edge and does well in pursuit to the back side and on screen plays.

He should stick around for a while. By the time Avril hangs em up (or we don't resign him), Marsh should be a pretty good LEO.

titan3131

Reaction score
dead weight until he forces a funble, gets a sack that matters, or annihilates a qb.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he has been playing very well for still being somewhat of a rookie. IIRC he's only played about 12 games.

He's been in on a lot of pressures, tackles and around the ball. Once he really learns the position, I think he'll be a holy terror.

massari

Reaction score
Should've picked Martvis Bryant instead of Marsh.

Hopefully that's not how he's remembered.

chevelle03

Reaction score
titan3131":19aeru8f said:
dead weight until he forces a funble, gets a sack that matters, or annihilates a qb.

Fanspeak at its best. Marsh is a valuable part of the rotation. Not sure if he has the potential to become a starter, but we will see.

titan3131

Reaction score
What ever fanspeak is...

Marsh is filling OBS role. Taking a spot in rotational depth and not showing any production. Thats a fact not fanspeak. We won the superbowl when our rotational guys were getting sacks. McDonald, clemons, irvin, avril, bennet mebane all were getting decent sacks.

This year we have 4/6 currently with clark coming up I hope he can fill a mcdonald role, as well as hill stepping up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's just alright for me.

Honestly I thought Marsh would be a bigger part of our defense at this point, and NEEDS to be because Irvin isn't going to be here next year. So we need Marsh to step it up and start contributing more than he is.

Dude's physical and has a motor, so no reason he can't be who we all thought he'd be when he was drafted......a stud hybrid rusher/end/coverage LB.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I see Marsh as a prototype Tweener; not strong and physical enough to beat blocks at the LOS, not fast and explosive enough to play LB effectively.

He does have a motor and tends to be around the ball a lot. I hope he finds his niche and contributes effectively someday.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
With limited playing 11 tackles, 3 qb hurries. Hes done alright. Still think he has a lot of potential, good hard worker. Could benefit with a couple sacks.

chevelle03

Reaction score
titan3131":26ownb8f said:
What ever fanspeak is...

Marsh is filling OBS role. Taking a spot in rotational depth and not showing any production. Thats a fact not fanspeak. We won the superbowl when our rotational guys were getting sacks. McDonald, clemons, irvin, avril, bennet mebane all were getting decent sacks.

This year we have 4/6 currently with clark coming up I hope he can fill a mcdonald role, as well as hill stepping up.

I think saying a guy is useless until he puts up some sexy stats is a bit harsh. He has contributed whether you notice or not. We all hope he becomes a stud, but not every player on the team is going to be.

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":1kgjj2ba said:
What ever fanspeak is...

Mebane was credited with zero sacks in 2013, regular and postseason.
Stats aren't everything.

Basis4day

Reaction score
WCstripes":smc9fli0 said:
Any ideas on how many snaps he is getting per game?

From Football Outsiders

Week 1: 25
Week 2: 25
Week 3: 12
Week 4: 17
Week 5: 22
Week 6: 31
Week 7: 27