ALWAYS COMPETE

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
Time for Pete to live up on that Rawls has won that starting RB spot. :3: :3:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think he is the here and now. At the very least he needs a lot more touches. He is a much more explosive player than Lynch at this point in his career. His cutting and vision is very impressive.

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
I have to agree with the op. The offense looked charged up with Rawls. Nickname possibility... "Battery pack"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't believe this team has the stones to bench Lynch (and teams tend not to bench a player due to injury) but if this team is truly about COMPETE, then Rawls simply deserves to start over Lynch. Isn't that how Wilson got the job? We paid Flynn all that money to be our starter but Wilson out performed him and the rest is history.

So why treat Lynch any differently?

Lynch, a warrior, love what he has done for us but if Lynch played today, there is no way you can convince me he would have put up those numbers or made those kinds of explosive cuts today.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think the best thing for this team going forward would be to split the carries evenly between Lynch and Rawls, but there's no way the coaches do this because it would cause Lynch to get his nose out of joint and potentially further disrupt team chemistry. But maybe Rawls gets 10 carries a game now instead of just 3 when Lynch is healthy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I actually think lynch would welcome a split. He was his biggest cheerleader today and he's banged up.