3) SEA win + TB loss or tie + ATL loss or tie + MIN loss + GB win or tie OR

4) SEA tie + TB loss + ATL loss or tie + NYG loss OR

5) SEA tie + TB loss + ATL loss or tie + WAS loss + PHI loss or tie

What to watch:

Tampa Bay plays at St. Louis
Atlanta plays at Jacksonville
The NY Giants host Carolina
Washington hosts Buffalo

Article doesn't go into 5th vs 4th, but clinching playoff regardless takes a bit of stress out of it. Especially considering our start.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Giants will get beat by panthers most likely, so we really just have to hope the rams beat the Bucs. Rootin for the rams baby!

Polaris

Reaction score
Honestly, we don't care much about Atlanta. Tampa is the team we really want to lose. If Tampa loses this Thurs, then if either the Giants or Washington loses, we're in with a win. The team that really cares about Atlanta is Minnesota since they lose any three way tie involving them and us.

Cartire

Reaction score
I actually have NY upsetting the Panthers this week. I know its a long shot, but thats why its called an upset.

I'll go for option #2.

Largent80

Reaction score
Just WIN Seahawks. Honestly, I would rather have it go down to the last game for us to get in.

Polaris

Reaction score
Largent80":2lonftzk said:
Just WIN Seahawks. Honestly, I would rather have it go down to the last game for us to get in.

True that. If Seattle wins their next two, they are in no matter what. In fact depending on what Green Bay and Minny do, they may even lock up the #5 seed as well.

For that matter if both Minny and Seattle clinch (and they easily could since Minny shares most of the same conditions to clinch that Seattle does), Seattle is assured the #5 seed as long as Green Bay wins the North.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Largent80":2it7ralf said:

I'm quite certain that we clinch with 10 wins, so for this to happen we would have to lose one out of the next two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":b1mlh4yg said:

I was thinking the same thing. if it were the last week it might be different, but I'm not rooting for the rams to win just so we can clinch early. If it happens, it happens, but I won't root for them in that scenario.

I don't remember the year, but back when we used to be lucky to back into the playoffs (and we were in the AFC) the Raiders needed to win in the final week for us to get in and it still gives me bad feelings to think about having to root for them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well Tampa Bay is holding up their end of the bargain. Typical Rams win when it doesn't matter because we don't need any help if we just take care of business.

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":39smfoea said:
Well Tampa Bay is holding up their end of the bargain. Typical Rams win when it doesn't matter because we don't need any help if we just take care of business.

Honestly, TB is telling me everything I need to know about the NFC South in general. I am thinking more and more that the Giants may very well pull off the upset this Sunday. [By DVOA, TB is about as good as Detroit save that Detroit faced far harder opposition. I am thinking that DVOA pretty much has this and the NFC South pegged. ]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":3uia7c8m said:
MizzouHawkGal":3uia7c8m said:

Honestly, TB is telling me everything I need to know about the NFC South in general. I am thinking more and more that the Giants may very well pull off the upset this Sunday. [By DVOA, TB is about as good as Detroit save that Detroit faced far harder opposition. I am thinking that DVOA pretty much has this and the NFC South pegged. ]
Indubitably. Mark my words Carolina is the worst 13-0 team in NFL history and the only reason we won't beat them in January is the fact that Green Bay already did the week before. I'm flat pissed at how this season has unfolded with a bunch of crap teams with ridiculous records at the top while the actual contenders are all 8-5.

I figure Philadelphia will do the very same to Arizona just because they are in a three team race to win out for a playoff spot. I'm just hoping Minnesota isn't done so that Green Bay is forced into the same position and we then have the chance to win the division in Glendale.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not even paying attention to the scenarios. We became the #5 seed once Minnesota lost to Arizona last Thursday.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3id465xc said:
Not even paying attention to the scenarios. We became the #5 seed once Minnesota lost to Arizona last Thursday.

That isn't absolutely guaranteed. If Green Bay fails to win the North, there is a very good chance that they will be the #5 seed.

acbass

Reaction score
I live about an hour south of Charlotte. In fact, it's the same town the Panthers hold their training camp in, so Panther fever is at an all time high right now. Last night I went shopping wearing a Seahawks hoodie. This Panthers fan comes up to me and says "you are going to stop us from going to the Super Bowl. There's now way we can beat you. Even here." And then he walked off. I agree with them being one of the worst 13-0 teams, and I think everyone is scared. Haha. Anyways, if we are going to have to take a wildcard, and it looks like we are, then I hope they play the Panthers. I will do everything under the sun to go to the game. I've never seen the Seahawks in person and I can't think of a better first game.