did a light turn on for C mike

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
16 for 80 some odd yards. That's not bad considering they were spreading the love on the ground.

Geologic

Reaction score
Also, the last series had him running out the clock to finish the game

chris98251

Reaction score
No dancing, no celebrating a first down, hit holes quickly and was focused. looked a lot different. Have no complaints, was waiting for him to get sprung for a run away big run but he did a great job today.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He did a great job today. I can't ask for anything more. I hope our stable of RBs just keeps it going.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm happy for him. I hope he keeps bringing it and playing smart.

Barakas

Reaction score
His back is against the wall. This is probably his last opportunity to make it in the NFL. We may have just struck gold by getting him back after cutting him.

*crossing fingers*

OP
OP
Tempest_Crow

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
I was happy with 4+ypc and no fumbles. I truly believe PC will not tolerate that for anyone especially a rookie. Beast gets away with one every now and then but his production is well worth the rare fumble, I think.

Gibbo

Reaction score
Very happy.

Hit the hole quickly. Gained some good yardage.

I'm confident with him right now.

sutz

Reaction score
sc85sis":1q32aec5 said:
Perhaps getting traded/cut by three teams was the wake up call he needed.
Word on that. 'Bout time. He had the talent, just not the head for it. Hopefully, this is a long term change in him. I'd like to hang on to him if it is, though there may not be room now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sc85sis":32mu4uzw said:
It certainly appears that way. Nice game and wrapping up the ball with 2 hands as he was getting contacted as well. THAT was very good to see.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Instead of going for the home run each play, I think he finally realized that hitting the hole and picking up 4 yards a pop is a perfectly fine output for this offense. And that it also has more potential to get over 4 YPC than dancing does. Might have helped him to see Rawls do it before him.

Also showed smart ball security and blitz pickups. He's definitely applying himself. It helped him to see how other teams do things, and then to land back in Seattle where he already knew a lot of the scheme and terminology.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Noted him really making sure to cover up and protect the ball in traffic which I liked to see. Also, just taking what was there as noted by others was good sign. Good work today CM.

sutz

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":2tzsdem8 said:
Noted him really making sure to cover up and protect the ball in traffic which I liked to see. Also, just taking what was there as noted by others was good sign. Good work today CM.
Well, and driving and fighting for extra yards, too. He was trying to act positively Beastly today.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sc85sis":3pasb9fo said:
Methinks you are correct. What he did today is exactly what we need out of the running game. Just do enough to let Wilson do his thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Being humbled like he has been does a certain thing to a person and or player, his way was not working so adapting to the way you have been asked is all that's left, I think his play today is what we seen in him as a draft pick, the big runs will come, was looking for one to break today for him but maybe it's best it didn't happen, a workmen like day may have been the best thing for him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":2yhfputp said:
Being humbled like he has been does a certain thing to a person and or player, his way was not working so adapting to the way you have been asked is all that's left, I think his play today is what we seen in him as a draft pick, the big runs will come, was looking for one to break today for him but maybe it's best it didn't happen, a workmen like day may have been the best thing for him.
REALLY good point Chris.

OP
OP
Tempest_Crow

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":dwbl56i6 said:
chris98251":dwbl56i6 said:
REALLY good point Chris.

I agree. Just seeing your hard work production.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's always looked good when reviewing his tape. I don't think it was ever his production but he just wasn't a pro or someone they could count on. He looked fantastic today and it didn't surprise me at all. Nice redemption story