Playoff question

danp1990

Reaction score
Ok I know the Division title seem like an impossibility, BUT... what if the Cardinals Loose tonight to the Eagles 11-3 , then loose to the Packers making them 11-4, and then loose to Us and then they finish at 11-5. We win out and finish 11-5. I was reading that then the Strength of victory would matter because we'd be tied for division wins Sea 4-2 and Ari 4-2. conference wins/losses for the cards is then 4-2 an Sea 4-2 as well. ''SOV'' so if we root for the Steelers to win out at 11-5 and hopefully Dallas at 6-10 their combined records are at 17-15 . and Ari '' SOV'' is Cinccinati 12-4 and NO Sainsts loose out at 5-11 their combined records are at the same 17-15. Who then would win the division ??? Please help me understand here guys! LOL I need wisdom. anyways Go Hawks and for tonight lets go Eagles!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It would become a moot point if Arizona wins, but to overcome the SOV differential, we need Pittsburgh/Dallas to win 3.5 more games than New Orleans/Cincinnati. There is half game because New Orleans plays Detroit Monday night.

Detroit has a decent shot to beat New Orleans on MNF.

Pittsburgh is highly likely to beat Baltimore next week.

New Orleans could very well lose to Jacksonville.

Dallas has a slight chance to beat Buffalo, who is not playing well.

Cincinnati is very likely to lose at Denver on MNF.

Pittsburgh is highly likely to beat Cleveland the week after that.

New Orleans is likely to lose at Atlanta.

Cincinnati is probably unlikely to lose to Baltimore.

Then Dallas has a decent shot to beat Washington at home.

What makes this so unlikely is that we need eight of these nine games to go our way.

drrew

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":5lgoq4s6 said:
How did two people post "playoff question" at the same time? Freaky

It's spooky and I don't like it one bit!

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
hawknation2015":o8mlmhse said:
It would become a moot point if Arizona wins, but to overcome the SOV differential, we need Pittsburgh/Dallas to win 3.5 more games than New Orleans/Cincinnati. There is half game is because New Orleans plays Detroit Monday night.

what do you mean?...lets not talk about the Cards winning. im saying if they loose! lets face it Pitt will win out and end up 11-5 , we can only hope Dallas can kick ass and win out and finish 6-10. Arizonas SOV - the Bengals currently stand at 11-3 but could loose to Denver making their end record 12-4, Just Pray NO Saints loose out and finish 5-11. what then my fellow bretheren?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
danp1990":2pvulkji said:
hawknation2015":2pvulkji said:
It would become a moot point if Arizona wins, but to overcome the SOV differential, we need Pittsburgh/Dallas to win 3.5 more games than New Orleans/Cincinnati. There is half game is because New Orleans plays Detroit Monday night.

what do you mean?...lets not talk about the Cards winning. im saying if they loose! lets face it Pitt will win out and end up 11-5 , we can only hope Dallas can kick ass and win out and finish 6-10. Arizonas SOV - the Bengals currently stand at 11-3 but could loose to Denver making their end record 12-4, Just Pray NO Saints loose out and finish 5-11. what then my fellow bretheren?

I laid it out pretty clearly above. We need 8 out of 9 games involving New Orleans/Cincinnati/Dallas/Pittsburgh to go our way.

renofox

Reaction score
If SOV also becomes a tie, tiebreaker next goes to SOS (strength of schedule).

In this scenario, Seattle would have the higher SOS ranking and win the division.

Pitt + Dall currently have 13 wins, with four games remaining.
NO + Cinci currently have 16 wins, with five games remaining.

For the Seahawks to win the division based on SOV: In addition to AZ losing out and the Seahawks winning out, Pitt and Dallas need to win out and NO and Cinci need to lose out (there can be one tie in those nine games).

For the Seahawks to win the division based on SOS: One of those nine games can go against the Seahawks.

Pretty slim odds.