How bout that Bane....

slateman77

Reaction score
NFG here tapping in for the first time.Been checking out .net everyday for quite some time and decided to post because I didn't see anyone mention Mebane and his down field tackling skills. At about 9:12 left in the second quarter against Cleveland this 310lb mountain of a man who I call Tiny pursued the play after a man of his size normally would have given up. After lumbering down field at break neck speed and hurdling Lane ( who missed the tackle) by the slightest margin with an vertical I'm not sure I could match tackled Johnson from behind. And then Johnson in a very sportsman like act helped Bane up...looks like he struggled quite a bit with that though. I was just impressed with with the commitment from Bane. And the damn belly roll.....is that a classic or what.

I usually make it to at least one game at home a year ( been to 14 total and have seen the packers 3 time as they're my next favorite team) and was lucky enough to get to an away game this year.My daughter lives in Wisconsin so I planned my trip to see her with our game out there. Was questioned by some fans out tailgating about some earlier players from years gone by checking to see if I was a recent wagon hopper. Other than that they were very hospitable and great fans. Not the results I wanted but had a great time and did the tour the next day. Well worth it and it was quite a feeling standing in the tunnel entering the field where Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi once stood.

I was celebrating my birthday at Clink in the south endzone ( my preferred viewing area) when Tate caught the game winning TD against the packers. Best birthday present EVER..!! Unfortunately it was at the opposite endzone but the pandemonium that erupted was something I'll never forget.

I can now die a happy man with the Superb Owl victory under our belts but still cringe when I see a stealers uniform. I guess the hardest part of that loss was knowing damn well we had the superior team and lost (IMHO) due to the story line of Bettis. Last year was a dagger to the heart for me, especially losing a bet with a pats fan at work and knowing we should have won it.Had to wear a goofy pats hat for a month at work after we bet at the start of the year who's team would go the farthest. I've really gotten over that loss by reflecting on the the terrible years of losing records and dismal play by thinking..Two suberb owls in a row...are you freakin' kidding me...two NFCCG AT home and boy howdy were both of them unbelievable games..!!!..Last year I thought we were done but they fought and clawed their way to another heart stopping win...What a great time to be a Hawks fan...and we have certainly paid our dues....Me thinks a lot of us are becoming a bit spoiled with this amount of success but that's what happens when you have the talent we have. The latest surge this team has made makes me feel really good about going deep into the playoffs.They just seem to be so much more cohesive now and truly enjoy when their teammates do well.

Anyways...that my story and here's to us keeping that #5 seed and hopefully demoralizing the skins once again.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a GO HAWKS...!!!!

BigMeach

Reaction score
I love Bane. Was happy to see him get a sack last week and I definitely noticed him hussle on that play.

Just wish he was getting more pressure this year, so much talk of him being in the best shape and looking the best he has in his career at the beginning of the season.

Quorthon13

Reaction score
Bane is the best! It's great having Dlineman who go all out and then some. The auto I have from him is on of my favorites.

I always look forward to him getting a sack, just to see the dance. ;-)

a man who I call Tiny

We always call him McBain(anyone who watched Simpsons will get it).

[youtube]Jea52ikADcw[/youtube]

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
mebanebelly.gif

Latest posts