Bennett telling it like it is....

Wizofwest

Reaction score
He speaks the truth

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14449 ... ms-average

Bennett on Gurley.

"He's average to me, personally," Bennett told reporters. "I've seen better running backs. He's no Marshawn Lynch."

Bennett also offered his perspective on the Rams after the Seahawks were swept in two games by St. Louis this season.

"The Rams, they play good football against us," Bennett said. "They just don't play good football against everybody else."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wish Bennett would have addressed his statement earlier in the week on the two D-lines when he said he thinks our front four is better than the Rams.

NOT.

Once again we have no answer for the Rams front 4, who made us look pathetic, and Keenum wasn't touched once.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Wizofwest":drsye65u said:
He speaks the truth

Bennett on Gurley.

"He's average to me, personally," Bennett told reporters. "I've seen better running backs. He's no Marshawn Lynch."

Bennett also offered his perspective on the Rams after the Seahawks were swept in two games by St. Louis this season.

"The Rams, they play good football against us," Bennett said. "They just don't play good football against everybody else."

The Game is over.

He should shut his pie hole.

Sounds like sour grapes.....

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Vesuve":2hbhhwj5 said:
Wizofwest":2hbhhwj5 said:
He speaks the truth

Bennett on Gurley.

The Game is over.

This.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34typlmd said:
I wish Bennett would have addressed his statement earlier in the week on the two D-lines when he said he thinks our front four is better than the Rams.

NOT.

Once again we have no answer for the Rams front 4, who made us look pathetic, and Keenum wasn't touched once.
I agree, we never seem to have an answer for their front 4. What I was wondering is how were the Bears able to score 37 pts against them. Couldn't someone have looked at previous film from their games and figured out how other teams scored?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DeeHawks":fzxm6do3 said:
Sgt. Largent":fzxm6do3 said:

NOT.

I agree, we never seem to have an answer for their front 4. What I was wondering is how were the Bears able to score 37 pts against them. Couldn't someone have looked at previous film from their games and figured out how other teams scored?
Maybe they didn't have an o-line comprised of backup level NFL players.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3p4gvv43 said:
DeeHawks":3p4gvv43 said:
Sgt. Largent":3p4gvv43 said:

NOT.

Yeah, good point...lol !!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
It probably wasn't good timing to be making a statement like that right after getting our asses handed to us, but Bennett was quite accurate, at least about the Rams playing us well just that they don't play everyone as well as they play us.

For some reason, Pete's teams just don't match up well with Jeff Fisher's clubs. Unlike Harbaugh or Arians coached teams, I can't remember a single game that we really waxed one of Fisher's teams. I'd sure hate to play them when there's more on the line than playoff seeding.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Vesuve":jjbbcvll said:
Wizofwest":jjbbcvll said:
He speaks the truth

Bennett on Gurley.

The Game is over.

Maybe he is just there so he won't get fined.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
When is the last time a team had 2nd and goal from beyond the 10 yard line (12 yard line in this case), ran it twice and scored a TD against the Seahawks?

But yea he's just average.

NINEster

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is how did Kenny Britt get behind Sherman so easily?

He might have been the most cast off of that 2009 WR draft after Crabtree, Nicks, Heyward Bey.....yet has come up big against big time opponents (Broncos last year).

And to answer the question posted above......it is strange that the Rams always play Seahawks super tough, Cards/49ers tough, and everybody else total crap shoot. You could theorize that you could easily build a team to beat any other team in the league, but be sacrificed towards the average opponent in general.

With the Seahawks, it's shutting down RW and the main RB. You focus all of your energy on that, and you'll lose to mediocre teams with diverse offenses.

BTW, it is interesting to me that a Carroll coached team did get beat up by the 49ers, but it was a Singletary coached team that did it. Now granted, most would say the 2010 team wasn't on the level of later year Carroll teams, but it did go to the playoffs, did spank the Saints....

The dirty secret probably is all mental. Harbaugh succumbed to Carroll's teams willingly it seemed, or at least allowed him to be in his head a little too much. You see a little bit of this with Belichick and facing these average Coughlin teams....the GOAT coach always struggles with Coughlin, always.

I'm not sure I'd want Rex Ryan to coach the 49ers, but I guarantee if he did, the Niners would not be scared whatsoever of the Seahawks or any team. We could be mediocre but would not be handing over 28-6 victories to the Hawks time after time.

253hawk

Reaction score
Bitter":2filny2t said:
Vesuve":2filny2t said:
Wizofwest":2filny2t said:
He speaks the truth

Bennett on Gurley.

The Game is over.

Maybe he is just there so he won't get fined.

I don't think they realize that Bennett is directly responding to questions asked by the media and think he's just spouting off whatever instead. :roll:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If he knows they play up to us then why were they not prepared to step up and play better themselves?

Seymour

Reaction score
DeeHawks":pp8rh78p said:
Sgt. Largent":pp8rh78p said:

NOT.

Bevell is minimum 4 to 8 games behind usually. He'll be looking at that tape sometime next season.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
DeeHawks":17pnrcrw said:
Sgt. Largent":17pnrcrw said:

NOT.

They were busy game planning for us. :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3cawadh2 said:
DeeHawks":3cawadh2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3cawadh2 said:

NOT.

C-Mike ain't no Marshawn Lynch, or Thomas Rawls.
The Rams had it easy beating the Seahawks two times this Season....NO real threat at RB, so all they had to do is contain RW, and make him uncomfortable about thinking he had any kind of pocket to throw from.
Earlier game this Season, our O-Line was inept against a rams Defense filled with a bunch of first rounders, and ML was unable to even run (sports hernia) and NO push from his O-Line.
Some here seem to have forgotten that when RW started to have some success it was about the time that Thomas Rawls came in and took the heat off of the O-Line and RW, and in having a stretch of success.
The O-Line was even able to form a make due pocket.
Now either Pete needs to find another ground pounding RB to HELP take some of the pressures off of his Franchise Quarterback, or, go all out in UPGRADING the O-Line.
Pete Carroll still holds the edge over Goof Fisher when it comes to formulating a team that gets to PARTICIPATE in the playoffs, along with two Super Bowl appearances in a row.
Fisher is stuck with a bunch of classless players, Pete is stuck with World Championship Contenders....Which Coach do you prefer running the Seahawks Franchise?
Bennett is right about the Seahawks overall success.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pkcr774 said:
DeeHawks":2pkcr774 said:
Sgt. Largent":2pkcr774 said:

NOT.

Backup OL players or not, If they had blocked in the first half the way they blocked in the second half (which is to say barely good enough), the game would have been way different, IMO. By the time they corrected the errors in run blocking, we were too far in the hole to run that much. Even pass pro started looking noticeably better, but by then the Rams were pretty much ignoring he run. The slow start and like five miscues in a row with run blocking may have been a communication issue with Okung missing. GAWD I miss Walter Jones. Next LT we get better not be made of glass.