Seahawks 2016-2017 Schedule

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-2016-schedule-to-be-determined-this-weekend/

What do ya'll think?

(Divisional Games):
vs Rams
@ Rams
vs 49ers
@ 49ers
vs Cardinals
@ Cardinals

(NFC South):
vs. Falcons
vs. Panthers
@ Saints
@ Bucaneers

(AFC EAST):
vs Bills
vs Dolphins
@ Patriots
@ Jets

(Last two games determined this Sunday):
@ Second place team in NFC North (loser of Packers-Vikings game)
vs Second place team in NFC East (winner of Giants-Eagles)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I can live with that! Looks about average in difficulty. The key factor will be how they are scheduled......as we learned this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Panthers are damn near a divisional foe at this point.

All I really ask for is fairness with teams coming off a bye, and don't schedule games vs teams with new coaching staffs the first month. And no cold weather teams late in the year. And only difficult foes coming off a short week, at home. But that is it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Looks alright really but hard to predict how well these will be playing come 2016. I mean, who expected the Panthers or the Bengals to perform like they did this year? A team like the Dolphins or the Bucs could suddenly be really good next year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2fnbt8pf said:

All I really ask for is fairness with teams coming off a bye, and don't schedule games vs teams with new coaching staffs the first month. And no cold weather teams late in the year. And only difficult foes coming off a short week, at home. But that is it.
I'll settle for not playing 5 or 6 teams with 10-14 days to prep for Seattle. Oh, and you forgot not playing yet another Thursday night game on the road.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Fairness in scheduling is not something that the NFL gives a damn about. The Hawks played five games this year against opponents either coming off a bye or a previous week Thursday night game (meaning they had extra prep time). Know how many times the Panthers had that happen: ZERO

ctrcat

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3ho7564v said:
Fairness in scheduling is not something that the NFL gives a damn about. The Hawks played five games this year against opponents either coming off a bye or a previous week Thursday night game (meaning they had extra prep time). Know how many times the Panthers had that happen: ZERO

I challenge you to find a long term trend and/or data saying it matters. Not saying you won't, but in 2013 the Panthers had an early bye and faced the Vikings (reigning NFL MVP) and 49ers (defending NFC Champs) on the road, as well as the Patriots at home, all coming off their byes. As well as a Thursday night road game (Tampa). Won all of them.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":244drdwl said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":244drdwl said:

I challenge you to find a long term trend and/or data saying it matters. Not saying you won't, but in 2013 the Panthers had an early bye and faced the Vikings (reigning NFL MVP) and 49ers (defending NFC Champs) on the road, as well as the Patriots at home, all coming off their byes. As well as a Thursday night road game (Tampa). Won all of them.

That's very impressive.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd much rather have the Packers playing the Cardinals than the Seahawks next year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Just looking at those, I see 9 wins, and that's with us going 3-3 in division.

Depending on the last two teams, I could see us going 11-5 next year. 12-4 if we actually get an NFL average OL from the start of the season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Scottemojo":pya62pct said:

Seriously, how many times have we played this team in the past 5 seasons?

Gotta be a record for most played in 5 years non divisional opponent game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
On a related note, while we get the winner of the Giants - Eagles game, the loser of that one will have to go play the Rams in London next year.

raisethe3

Reaction score
(Divisional Games):
vs Rams - W
@ Rams - L
vs 49ers - W
@ 49ers - W
vs Cardinals - W
@ Cardinals - L

(NFC South):
vs. Falcons - W
vs. Panthers - W
@ Saints - W
@ Bucaneers - W

(AFC EAST):
vs Bills - W
vs Dolphins - W
@ Patriots - L
@ Jets - W

(Last two games determined this Sunday):
@ Second place team in NFC North (loser of Packers-Vikings game) - probably Vikings - W
vs Second place team in NFC East (winner of Giants-Eagles) - probably Giants - W

That's 13-3 barring injuries. Geez, Hawks always play that Panthers every year?!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2gwfjf6x said:
On a related note, while we get the winner of the Giants - Eagles game, the loser of that one will have to go play the Rams in London next year.

I get mixed up on these games...is that the L.A. Rams or the St Louis Rams? :mrgreen: :twisted:

minormillikin

Reaction score
Looks like a trip for me and the wife to either Massachusetts or New Orleans. A good time either way.