Russell Wilson Must do two things for a seahawk WIN

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
This is a BIG game coming up and if the Seahawks adjust a few things we could come out on top if they do this!
I was watching a game rewind of the Packer vs Cardinals and I saw a few things. Aaron Rodgers started to pull a Russell Wilson, he started to play action and started rolling out to the side. That gave him more time to find his receivers and he was not sacked as often! Aaron Rodgers was sacked 12 times and fumbles the ball a few times also.

Our O line sucked last week and I do not know if they can with stand the Card Defensive line.
So if Russell will move out of the pocket at times it could help him from getting pounded! Russell also must run more than he has! our running game is not cutting it ether! So to make the passing game work better we must have a running game! and that will most likely call for The Q.B. to RUN (one way or the other!) I do not think the O line will be as bad as last game but to get a win we need to have Russell carry us on his back!!!!!
We can win this game but we need that elite Q. B. that we have to do his magic!!!

Thanks!
Roger

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I did see an area the HAWKS can exploit. The out side passing game was a weak spot for the cards! G.B. moved the ball in that area. Tyler Lockett could have a VERY BIG GAME!!! He can get a step or two on the defender and do that over and over. Doug will be a big key also if Russell has the time he needs!
Remember we had a 4th qtr lead in that last card game and we were not playing all that good back then.
Roger

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I also saw something I have not noticed before. G.B. was on about the 4 yard line and about to get their only T.D. of the game. after the snap the offence line moved back a bit, Rogers made a pass to the end zone and the area near the goal line was fairly open because the line defensive line moved and opened thing up and made the reception much easier to complete!
Roger

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't see a scenario where our best players play the whole game. I just don't see it.
Let's be honest, our core guys have been playing for 3-4 years almost non-stop. 2 super bowls, 1 wild card game + 1 divisional game. Guys like Earl, Sherman play every snap. Some even played special team... They take hits after hits after hits ... chase guys all over the field, ... etc. Russell hasn't missed a game in his career. Furthermore, these guys compete in every single game. I don't even remember when we lost a game by more than a touch down ... ever (maybe GB game is only one?)

Give these guys a break ... these playoffs will be brutal, as teams are going to try to cut our heads off.
I think this one month break for Lynch will do our team a world of good.

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
joeseahawks":34fc0e4p said:
I don't see a scenario where our best players play the whole game. I just don't see it.
Let's be honest, our core guys have been playing for 3-4 years almost non-stop. 2 super bowls, 1 wild card game + 1 divisional game. Guys like Earl, Sherman play every snap. Some even played special team... They take hits after hits after hits ... chase guys all over the field, ... etc. Russell hasn't missed a game in his career. Furthermore, these guys compete in every single game. I don't even remember when we lost a game by more than a touch down ... ever (maybe GB game is only one?)

Give these guys a break ... these playoffs will be brutal, as teams are going to try to cut our heads off.
I think this one month break for Lynch will do our team a world of good.

I'm with you This game is not a must have game and they could use a week off! But Pete does not work that way. It would be good for backups to get some real game time workouts. But I do not think it will happen unless the game is out of hand one way or the other.
Roger

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
You may know this, but for anyone that has not found this: Youtube has most games posted in a condensed form.
You can look at games again or scout the next opponent. I rewind lots of plays to see what happened or what worked. Weaknesses and strengths. you could see all kinds of things!

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzQkzR_11jU

Roger

irocdave

Reaction score
This isn't a big game for the Hawks. The game after this one is. Right now the Hawks don't have the horses to pull this game out against the Cards if they choose to go all in, which they should. This game, even with starting gimpy starters could be the first time the Hawks get blown out in years.

It sucks to say this, but the only way I see the Hawks winning this game is to have RW running around for his life trying to make plays. Not a smart way to go in to the playoffs. This game means nothing, if the Hawks are going to do anything in the playoffs RW needs to be healthy as well as have Kam, Okung, Lynch, Sweazey, Bennet etc on the field.

This game against the Cardinal doesn't mean squat.

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
irocdave":1mb64cwz said:
This isn't a big game for the Hawks. The game after this one is. Right now the Hawks don't have the horses to pull this game out against the Cards if they choose to go all in, which they should. This game, even with starting gimpy starters could be the first time the Hawks get blown out in years.

It sucks to say this, but the only way I see the Hawks winning this game is to have RW running around for his life trying to make plays. Not a smart way to go in to the playoffs. This game means nothing, if the Hawks are going to do anything in the playoffs RW needs to be healthy as well as have Kam, Okung, Lynch, Sweazey, Bennet etc on the field.

If he stays in the pocket he's going to get injured! Pete will go for the win at least for some time! Pete does not believe in resting players before the playoffs. Russell needs to stay healthy and play action is the best way for him to stay out of trouble whether we are balling out for the win or not! It could help the team to get a win going into the playoffs and doing that against the card would help for the next time we play if we play each other in the playoffs. Russ is much more likely to be injured in the pocket rather than running.
Roger

ava

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2qjwu3ea said:
1. Run like heck.
2. Repeat #1.

Funny! At least Rus can run! My poor QB is a statue in the pocket.

irocdave

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":tj7pfyh1 said:
irocdave":tj7pfyh1 said:

If he stays in the pocket he's going to get injured! Pete will go for the win at least for some time! Pete does not believe in resting players before the playoffs. Russell needs to stay healthy and play action is the best way for him to stay out of trouble whether we are balling out for the win or not! It could help the team to get a win going into the playoffs and doing that against the card would help for the next time we play if we play each other in the playoffs. Russ is much more likely to be injured in the pocket rather than running.
Roger

What is the point of your post? Seems that you would like to talk to yourself here. This is not a must win game as you stated. Why would you risk RW in a game that doesn't mean anything? Are you trolling or just trying to increase your post count during a lull?

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
irocdave":2881eiu7 said:
ExBassGuide":2881eiu7 said:
irocdave":2881eiu7 said:

Roger

What is the point of your post? Seems that you would like to talk to yourself here. This is not a must win game as you stated. Why would you risk RW in a game that doesn't mean anything? Are you trolling or just trying to increase your post count during a lull?

I did not say I would put R.W. at risk!!! I said Pete will NOT rest hit team! I said if he's going to be on the field keep him moving out of the pocket IF the O line is letting him down like last week. Remember Rogers was sacked 12 times in the last game by the cards! I Wilson is playing then get him out of the pocket and I Pete makes him play and expect him to try to win the game then having him run is the only way to win the game and keep him safe. Remember Russell is good at sliding and staying out of trouble when he runs. Not like last week when he was grabbing knee after getting sacked!
Pete is going to have the team play and try to win!
Thanks!
Roger

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

This sense of the word "troll" and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely.

There is no "discord" in my posts, but I do see some in this thread near the end :) in yours
Roger

irocdave

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":b98milxg said:
irocdave":b98milxg said:
ExBassGuide":b98milxg said:
irocdave":b98milxg said:

Roger

I did not say I would put R.W. at risk!!! I said Pete will NOT rest hit team! I said if he's going to be on the field keep him moving out of the pocket IF the O line is letting him down like last week. Remember Rogers was sacked 12 times in the last game by the cards! I Wilson is playing then get him out of the pocket and I Pete makes him play and expect him to try to win the game then having him run is the only way to win the game and keep him safe. Remember Russell is good at sliding and staying out of trouble when he runs. Not like last week when he was grabbing knee after getting sacked!
Pete is going to have the team play and try to win!
Thanks!
Roger

Your OP was about needing to win this game. If it was up top me I wouldn't play RW, and I think you will see PC pull RW mid game because he knows this game doesn't mean shit.. To clarify YOUR point, this isn't a MUST WIN GAME FOR THE HAWKS. Discussing how the Hawks could win this game because it matters is pointless because the game doesn't mean shit in the big picture. Clamoring for RW to pull this game out is dumb, considering the risk / reward.

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
The only way Wilson will be pulled by Pete is if the hawks fall behind by three TDs or go up by two or three TD. If the game is close Pete will leave him in (he said so!). And I talk about this as to keep Russell healthy win or lose! the game is NOT a must win for me, BUT Pete would like to win this game! (He said so!) this is not about me it is talk about how to keep Russell vertical! Also to make it clear for you (I NEVER SAID it was a MUST WIN GAME or that we need to win this game!!!! ok?) If Russell is in the game he is going to try to win and that is a fact!

irocdave

Reaction score
You cant take everything an NFL coach says at face value. RW will not be left out there to take a pounding, even if the game is within reach. PC isn't dumb or so arrogant that he's going to prove a worthless point . He may play the PC card but he isn't dumb and will do what is best for the team in the playoffs.

907Hawk

Reaction score
"You play to win the game" Why would the Hawks lay down for anyone, if you play backups thats fine rest some guys. Give players like Clark more reps, let them rip it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
irocdave":dwg2uyzu said:
You cant take everything an NFL coach says at face value. RW will not be left out there to take a pounding, even if the game is within reach. PC isn't dumb or so arrogant that he's going to prove a worthless point . He may play the PC card but he isn't dumb and will do what is best for the team in the playoffs.

:roll:

I'll be very curious to see how "dumb and arrogant" Pete is, since he'll probably leave Russ in the whole game. There's nothing worthless about reps, about playing winning football, especially against a team we may see yet again in a couple weeks.