Carolina Secondary?

Mick063

Reaction score
Yes they are.

But Seattle can't cover backs out of the backfield (Shane Vereen-Patriots, Bennie Cunningham-Rams) so it is a wash.

Two teams that have totally figured out how to dominate our defense.

Vikings were flat stupid for not passing to Mckinnon out of the backfield more. They kept battering AP into a brick wall and the only time they passed to AP, his fumble was the shiny object that distracted us from his big gain.

Delayed wheel routes are our Kryptonite. What kind of receiver is Tolbert? That is the more pertinent question.

RussB

Reaction score
Josh norman and cortland finnegan < Sherman and lane

Tillman is out with a torn ACL

carolinablue

Reaction score
RussB":1tz9dw1x said:
Josh norman and cortland finnegan < Sherman and lane

Tillman is out with a torn ACL
I think Finnegan will still be the nickel and McClain will start opposite Norman. If you're going to pass the ball I've gotta believe McClain will be getting tested quite a bit this weekend.

sutz

Reaction score
Mick063":zp3teozy said:
They kept battering AP into a brick wall

Well, because last time they gave up after 8 carries and assumed if they gave him his 20 carries he'd eventually break one open. They caught hell in the press, AP complained, fans were unhappy. So they gave him his 20 carries, expecting to get some yards. Our D said, "Ain't happening." Their strength against our strength and we won that battle.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
sutz":17rgmuk6 said:
Mick063":17rgmuk6 said:
They kept battering AP into a brick wall

Well, because last time they gave up after 8 carries and assumed if they gave him his 20 carries he'd eventually break one open. They caught hell in the press, AP complained, fans were unhappy. So they gave him his 20 carries, expecting to get some yards. Our D said, "Ain't happening." Their strength against our strength and we won that battle.

I predict the same will happen next week

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Baldwin and Lockett both should potentially have big days if Cortland Finnegan is their slot defender.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm predicting Lockett has a monster game.

Carolina fans does Norman play the side or do they blanket the opposing #1? I can't remember how they use him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
austinslater25":3unalcfj said:
I'm predicting Lockett has a monster game.

Carolina fans does Norman play the side or do they blanket the opposing #1? I can't remember how they use him.

He plays both sides of the field and will probably track Baldwin for a lot of the game, except when Baldwin plays in the slot. That will definitely open up some more opportunities for both Lockett and Kearse.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Kearse needs to have a big game. This is the game where Kearse can earn his second contract (whether with us or another team). McClain is 5'9 and was a street free agent when the Panthers picked him up due to injuries. If Kearse can play one of his good games this should be a match up that we can exploit.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seanmatt":1z8jpmdl said:
Kearse needs to have a big game. This is the game where Kearse can earn his second contract (whether with us or another team). McClain is 5'9 and was a street free agent when the Panthers picked him up due to injuries. If Kearse can play one of his good games this should be a match up that we can exploit.

Kearse tore up Carolina a year ago: 129 yards and a TD on just three targets.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":329o1jqk said:
Outside of Norman, who has played exceptionally at times, the Carolina secondary is the weak spot of their defense.

I think their pass rush is another weakness. Combine the two weaknesses and I expect Russell to have a very good day.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seanmatt":5i6trei7 said:

BadAridAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

TidyCaringEasternglasslizard.gif

SaltyUnconsciousAfricanaugurbuzzard.gif

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rideaducati":7mmcwx0v said:
hawknation2015":7mmcwx0v said:
Outside of Norman, who has played exceptionally at times, the Carolina secondary is the weak spot of their defense.

I think their pass rush is another weakness. Combine the two weaknesses and I expect Russell to have a very good day.

Their outside pass rush hasn't been a big strength for Carolina. But inside, Short and Lotulelei are beasts. Patrick Lewis had a horrible game against them earlier in the year. Short basically had his way with Lewis. And Sweezy and Britt were not much better.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2es2nrnp said:
rideaducati":2es2nrnp said:
hawknation2015":2es2nrnp said:

Their outside pass rush hasn't been a big strength for Carolina. But inside, Short and Lotulelei are beasts. Patrick Lewis had a horrible game against them earlier in the year. Short basically had his way with Lewis. And Sweezy and Britt were not much better.

I wonder if there is any way the Seahawks can counter this.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Mick063":21658hm0 said:
Yes they are.

But Seattle can't cover backs out of the backfield (Shane Vereen-Patriots, Bennie Cunningham-Rams) so it is a wash.

Two teams that have totally figured out how to dominate our defense.

Vikings were flat stupid for not passing to Mckinnon out of the backfield more. They kept battering AP into a brick wall and the only time they passed to AP, his fumble was the shiny object that distracted us from his big gain.

Delayed wheel routes are our Kryptonite. What kind of receiver is Tolbert? That is the more pertinent question.

Big gain? Wasn't it like eight yards befire he fumbled?