Play clock

slateman77

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why we have such a hard time getting a play off before the clock hits zero....I just don't understand having to call time outs to prevent a penalty for delay of game....FCOL it's not rocket science...!!!

OP
OP
S

slateman77

Reaction score
Yea....I heard that..but we've had this problem numerous times before in other games.!!

marko358

Reaction score
RussB":1o5gmh48 said:
There was a problem with RW's headset.
After the 3rd or 4th time happening you'd think they'd give him a couple different audible plays to work with or something.

idahohawk

Reaction score
It was a problem with a couple layers of communication:

1. Headsets were wonky. Russ said it, Pete said it, and sideline reporter confirmed it.

2. Russ said it was very difficult to be loud enough to make calls and adjustments due to cold.

3. Britt said it was his job (due to noise) to tap Lewis after he saw Russ give him the raised leg for the snap, and that several times Russ gave the signal to snap the ball but Britt said he was looking ahead and the timing was just way off. That info came regarding the snap that Wilson wasn't expecting, but Britt said it was a challenge all day.

So glad we got out of there with a win. I think this will only make this team hungrier and galvanize them going forward. It is a miracle we sustained no major injuries. (Bennett returned, so I'm hoping he's fine)

GoHawks

slateman77":1btgl2m1 said:
Can someone tell me why we have such a hard time getting a play off before the clock hits zero....I just don't understand having to call time outs to prevent a penalty for delay of game....FCOL it's not rocket science...!!!

sutz

Reaction score
idahohawk":36b3redw said:
It was a problem with a couple layers of communication:

1. Headsets were wonky. Russ said it, Pete said it, and sideline reporter confirmed it.

2. Russ said it was very difficult to be loud enough to make calls and adjustments due to cold.

3. Britt said it was his job (due to noise) to tap Lewis after he saw Russ give him the raised leg for the snap, and that several times Russ gave the signal to snap the ball but Britt said he was looking ahead and the timing was just way off. That info came regarding the snap that Wilson wasn't expecting, but Britt said it was a challenge all day.

So glad we got out of there with a win. I think this will only make this team hungrier and galvanize them going forward. It is a miracle we sustained no major injuries. (Bennett returned, so I'm hoping he's fine)

GoHawks

slateman77":36b3redw said:
I saw that (#3) several times. Russ was back there stamping his foot over and over and the snap never came. That's pretty common with many teams. The QB does the leg lift thing when the guard is looking back, then the guard taps the center on the butt and one second later, the ball comes out. Wasn't happening several times.

I suspect they'll be working on that this week. ;)