Highly anticipated transfer to finally play vs Texas

DJrmb

Reaction score
Looks like on top of getting starters back healthy that have missed a ton of time this year (McMillan, Asa Turner, and Fabiculanan) they will also be getting a much anticipated pass rusher to add to the defensive line.

On top of going 13-0 and earning a semifinal matchup with 12-1 Texas in the Sugar Bowl, the No. 2-ranked Huskies are apparently set to get a boost on defense that UW fans have not seen so far.

According to OnMontlake’s Christian Caple, a contributor for Seattle Sports, defensive end Zach Durfee, who transferred to Washington last offseason but has not played in a game yet, will be eligible to play on Jan. 1 against Texas.

He followed coach DeBoer and has had teammates and the coach himself excited at his potential being added to the defense.

“And then (DeBoer) points this guy out to me, and he’s like, ‘This guy right here? Watch him,'” Huard. “He has had to play on the scout team. You can’t play with the ones. He’s going up against the (starters in practice). Troy Fautanu and (Roger) Rosengarten, ask those (starting offensive tackles) who this dude is. Ask them and they will tell you he’s one of the hardest guys on our team to block. He is just an absolute baller.”

Brock Huard went on to say:
“This dude is gonna come in here — I am just telling you right now — as you watch the Texas game, you’re gonna watch the game and Husky fans are gonna say, ‘Who is this guy they just picked up off the street? Is this some freshmen? Is this some early enrollee? I didn’t think that happened until spring ball? Where did they get this guy?'” Huard said. “He is a powerful 260-pound explosive, explosive, explosive difference-maker.”

This kid sounds really exciting! I hope he makes a huge impact on that game as a bit of a secret weapon...

Huskies getting new "force" on defense for CFP