Oldest coach in the NFL kills whiteboard

253hawk

Reaction score
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/10/nfl-pl ... te-carroll

That poor whiteboard. It never saw him coming. Carroll never stopped. He never even slowed. He tackled the board the way that Chancellor decimates unsuspecting running backs, with such force that that the board detached from its base, broke into pieces and landed on the ground. As far as tone-setters go, this one registered with the Seahawks, who had seen their 64-year-old coach do just about everything to prepare them for a game. Everything, that is, except that.

“We already know he’s the craziest, kookiest coach around,” cornerback Richard Sherman said. “But I was like, he must be getting senile now.”

“I was like, he’s trippin’,” receiver Doug Baldwin said. “Like, this old man is trying to hurt himself.”

“Of all the crazy s--- that Pete has done,” added defensive end Michael Bennett, “this is Top 1, probably.”

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Cool article.

My favourite part...

The stadium went silent, except for the Seahawks’ fans who braved the sub-zero temps and were scattered throughout the stands. And except for the Seahawks’ sideline, where Carroll ran around like a man in search of the nearest whiteboard to slam into.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
"...Top 1, probably".

Bennett is absolutely brilliant with his humor. And he never seems to run out.

JPatera76

Reaction score
the team treat im like a father more than a coach. I enjoyed reading that and each time i read something where the players talk about PC, its more in a father type of reference than a coach/Employer

HawkFan72

Reaction score
JPatera76":3j6kiaot said:
the team treat im like a father more than a coach. I enjoyed reading that and each time i read something where the players talk about PC, its more in a father type of reference than a coach/Employer

Yeah, but his style will never work in the NFL.

JPatera76

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10ovxr1m said:
JPatera76":10ovxr1m said:

Right?? :thirishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome!

Go Pete!

Kick the crap out of those whiteboards!

Bet it got the attention of the team! Coach is freaking crazy!

Love the guy, and the ability he seems to have to keep things fun, light, and a bit off centre.

sc85sis

Reaction score
LOL! That is such a Pete thing to do. I remember reading an article--I think around the time of the 2005 Orange Bowl--in which the players mentioned him lining up on a goal line drill and leaping over the line.

OpHawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":2o80fxol said:

great point

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He's a great motivator. This week he's going to punch a hole into Cam Newton's favorite cold tub

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1fvffqw7 said:
JPatera76":1fvffqw7 said:

Yeah, and our quarterback is too short and just a game manager, also our best receiver is just pedestrian.