The Let Down

CHawK247

Reaction score
Our coaching staff from top to bottom owe this franchise a huge apology. Coaches around the leauge day dream about the amount of talent this squad has. And before the season even started Pete and Tom put us in a position to fail.

Call it confidence or stubborness, they thought it fine to not only put together what may have been the worst O-line in the modern area, but stick with it for almost half the season?

And yes they had a nice little stretch going up against medicore D-lines. But that's not the goal. How are you going to pay your QB and turn around and throw him to the wolves by protecting him with Drew Nowack???

Just poor choices all around this year from blowing money on Cary Williams, to not ADAPTING on Defense, to predictable play calling in big games.

Cover 3 D only works with a pass rush (SB 48) if you think about it we're just a glorified prevent Defense. So worried about the "big play" we don't even play pass defense.

And we need a OC that can actually scheme around our players...ALL our players. Down 0-7 inside our own 20 and on our first play of the first possession you hand it of to Marshawn!!? Yea bet they didn't see that one coming. Marshawn is best utilized as a complementary back now. You don't just throw haymakers in a fight, set them up with the JAB. Then watch marshawn rip a 10-20 yard run up the gut.

This team won't ever take the next step with Bevell and Cable stuck in their ways.

SlickRick

Reaction score
CHawK247":1yd85oam said:
Our coaching staff from top to bottom owe this franchise a huge apology. Coaches around the leauge day dream about the amount of talent this squad has. And before the season even started Pete and Tom put us in a position to fail.

Call it confidence or stubborness, they thought it fine to not only put together what may have been the worst O-line in the modern area, but stick with it for almost half the season?

And yes they had a nice little stretch going up against medicore D-lines. But that's not the goal. How are you going to pay your QB and turn around and throw him to the wolves by protecting him with Drew Nowack???

Just poor choices all around this year from blowing money on Cary Williams, to not ADAPTING on Defense, to predictable play calling in big games.

Cover 3 D only works with a pass rush (SB 48) if you think about it we're just a glorified prevent Defense. So worried about the "big play" we don't even play pass defense.

And we need a OC that can actually scheme around our players...ALL our players. Down 0-7 inside our own 20 and on our first play of the first possession you hand it of to Marshawn!!? Yea bet they didn't see that one coming. Marshawn is best utilized as a complementary back now. You don't just throw haymakers in a fight, set them up with the JAB. Then watch marshawn rip a 10-20 yard run up the gut.

This team won't ever take the next step with Bevell and Cable stuck in their ways.

Co sign I feel you're frustration, kinda sad right now love the Damn hawks too, just got to regroup get there bearings back

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
Co sign I feel you're frustration, kinda sad right now love the Damn hawks too, just got to regroup get there bearings back[/quote]

Yeah a long off-season will do us some good. Hopefully we move on from Bevell and start drafting some real Linemen. Everything else will fall into place. Russ has proven time and time again he can shoulder the load. Its about time they give him a real shot at actually doing so.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Agreed. But from a GM perspective the offseason will only last until the Lombardi is handed out... Then it's back to work with, I imagine, a new set of priorities

getnasty

Reaction score
Come on, were not going to win the Superbowl every year. I trust Pete, John and company will be back better then ever next year. No apologies need to go my way, you go into the year hoping it will play out the way you want and I don't know if anything did, it would have been easy to lose this team when we were 2-4 but they fought back. As long as I feel like we're the best team until we're not, that's all I can ask for.

Mojambo

Reaction score
This fanbase is so goddamn spoiled. Spoiled rotten.

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
Uncle Si":youycaid said:
Agreed. But from a GM perspective the offseason will only last until the Lombardi is handed out... Then it's back to work with, I imagine, a new set of priorities

I wouldn't have it any other way. JS stays on top of his game, I just hope they at least give Marshawn a chance to renegotiate his contract. I'm all on the Rawls Hype train but we need insurance and if we could have a 1-2 punch of him and Rawls coupled with a real O-line, Jimmy back, and our WR trio ballin out with a OC that knows how to call plays...man it won't matter who we have on D. Or how wide open Olsen is.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Since Carroll took over we've made the post-season 5/6 years and have gone to two Super Bowls, winning one. Over the last 4 years we have had more success than any team in the NFL.

If anyone has anything to apologise for, it's the OP.

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
Mojambo":1y1j1xb1 said:

I'm very grateful don't get it twisted. But we have so much potential it's not even funny. I don't expect to win the SB every year. The crazy part about it is with the right guidance and coaches..I wouldn't be surprised if we won the SB every year. And I don't think to many teams if any can say that.

Down 31-0 at half and the game comes down to a onside kick!? Are you serious?? No, this team is special. And the time is now.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Mojambo":oltfj4vf said:

Spoiled because we hate to see potential wasted? I think it is more that we have a good idea of what lean years look like and know you can't squander the opportunities the current talent level presents.

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3dv12kmu said:
Since Carroll took over we've made the post-season 5/6 years and have gone to two Super Bowls, winning one. Over the last 4 years we have had more success than any team in the NFL.

I am sorry, sorry you don't see the potential in this team. We can do better. And honestly Pete has already acknowledge he handled the O-line the wrong way. Lewis was ready to go since pre-season but they had room to experiment since we've been successfull.

This is about being dominant with a dominant roster nothing more nothing less.

chris98251

Reaction score
There has been one perfect season in the NFL, being in two Super Bowls back to back is a success in it's own right, being in the playoff every year but Petes first is a success, feeling entitled that we should win it every year because of a potential aspect can be said for probably at least 16 teams every year. Of those 16 teams schedules, injuries, contract disputes, bounce of the ball, Officials calls can all cause that said potential to come up short.

That's realistically looking at our situation and being appreciative of what we really have overcome to get where we have been every year, you don't have to be happy at the end result, but you can appreciate what we did accomplish given the challenges and difficulties we did encounter.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
CHawK247":2fmh3y9r said:
KiwiHawk":2fmh3y9r said:

I am sorry, sorry you don't see the potential in this team. We can do better. And honestly Pete has already acknowledge he handled the O-line the wrong way. Lewis was ready to go since pre-season but they had room to experiment since we've been successfull.

I am sorry you think the NFL is played in a vacuum where the only team is the Seattle Seahawks and no other teams are capable of competing. There are 31 other teams in the NFL all trying to do what we are doing. We have consistently done it better than all of them over the past four years. There is no shame in that, and no let down.

I am sorry think that everything must be as it has always been with no room for experimentation and innovation. The way we redefined the prototype size for secondary players must offend you greatly. The way we focus on defense instead of a high-powered offense must leave you apoplectic. Featuring a running game in the era of the pass must leave you clutching your chest. I won't even begin with our sub-6-foot QB. That must have caused a truly epic meltdown within your psyche.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Seeing as the pats are playing in their 5 th straight title game... Not sure we have been better.

Donn2390

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":15papsbf said:

If anyone has anything to apologize for, it's the OP.
I second that, the op is WAY off base

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":12x3gloc said:
CHawK247":12x3gloc said:
KiwiHawk":12x3gloc said:

I am sorry you think the NFL is played in a vacuum where the only team is the Seattle Seahawks and no other teams are capable of competing. There are 31 other teams in the NFL all trying to do what we are doing. We have consistently done it better than all of them over the past four years. There is no shame in that, and no let down.

I am sorry think that everything must be as it has always been with no room for experimentation and innovation. The way we redefined the prototype size for secondary players must offend you greatly. The way we focus on defense instead of a high-powered offense must leave you apoplectic. Featuring a running game in the era of the pass must leave you clutching your chest. I won't even begin with our sub-6-foot QB. That must have caused a truly epic meltdown within your psyche.

A lot of words but you still didn't say anything.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
CHawK247":4jfrzvqv said:

Agreed. Hurts even worse knowing the Patriots are probably going back to the Bowl. Come on, Denver?! Denver is not taking the Patriots out.

I'm all for the Panthers or the Broncos winning the Bowl this year but can't see the Broncos overthrowing the Pats. I'll even take the Cardinals winning if that means the Pats losing. I hate the Pats more than our own division rival! Is that bad?!

TAB420

Reaction score
Mojambo":29yr6jg8 said:

This and then some...I remember when I dreamed of seasons with double digit wins and a playoff victory. The last four years have been amazing with more to come...Go Hawks.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
The good ol' years. I remember them, well, most of them, all too well. I think this is where
grunge REALLY was spawn from--the anguish of living through those years Anybody who
lived in the area and followed the Hawks probably owned every Soundgarden album.

The 2-14 record in 1992--I was there during win #2. ABC MNF in the Kingdome.
Beat the Broncos, in OT, Screamin' our heads off till the very end. The offense was so
inept, they only thing we had going was our D. They completely won that game after stopping
Denver time after time. Awesome!

And get off my lawn.

Record

Latest posts