Question about season ticket holders

nrayorr

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Last year I was a rookie season ticket holder. I have a few questions regarding the process of renewing:

1. I'm told that renewing starts at the end of February. Is that correct?
2. There is a seat relocation page that is sent to you in case you want to change seats. Is that page sent in order of how long you've been a ticket holder?
3, For those of you who were second year ticket holders, how long did it take for the seat relocation page to get to you and what kind of selection was there for you?
3. Should you want to relocate seats how long does that take?
4. I had to pay for my tickets all up front as a new season ticket holder, but been told that I am now able to take advantage of payment options. Is that correct and if so what kind of payment options are there out there?

I know that I could have contacted my ticket rep, but to me it's better to get a feel for those who went through this process. Thanks for your time.

drdiags

Reaction score
4 - You can pay half/all or in 4 equal payments spread out with details on the due dates listed when you opt for that choice.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Ticket relocation is a bit of a joke these days. Supply is LIMITED!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yes it is in order of how long youve had your seats. Last year was a lot of movement with the fan deck going in and a lot of brokers losing tix. (rumor) In any case Id imagine this year wont have quite as many. As far as getting anything decent, I can only guess but good luck.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to try to get something lower due to my health. Can't climb those stairs without having my newly diagnosed COPD act up which is why I couldn't go to half of the games this year.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
You can split payments into four. I believe the first payment is around April 1st. I have three tickets and have been looking to relocate for four years, and have been a season ticket holder since 2005. No dice.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":39u4lyqq said:
You can split payments into four. I believe the first payment is around April 1st. I have three tickets and have been looking to relocate for four years, and have been a season ticket holder since 2005. No dice.

Wow... well, I guess I better be content with my nosebleeds for a while. :cry:

Barthawk

Reaction score
nrayorr":2uxezip9 said:
Yeah, I'm going to try to get something lower due to my health. Can't climb those stairs without having my newly diagnosed COPD act up which is why I couldn't go to half of the games this year.

You should contact the Seahawks directly and see if you can get tix that can accommodate your COPD issues.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3542mi6v said:
Ticket relocation is a bit of a joke these days. Supply is LIMITED!
This.

Renewal has been 99% for the past 4 years for some odd reason.

If not for the new seats they added by the 12th flag I doubt they would have had any tickets to add.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
nrayorr":33vx54rc said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":33vx54rc said:

Wow... well, I guess I better be content with my nosebleeds for a while. :cry:
Number of seats may play a role too. It's probably harder to find 3 seats together than 2.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sorry, not to derail the thread... But what are my odds of getting season tickets in the next couple of years?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Rob12":3ufvi82k said:
Sorry, not to derail the thread... But what are my odds of getting season tickets in the next couple of years?

Unless you have paid a deposit to be on the Blue Pride Waiting List, the chance is ZERO.

When teams are in a good run like the Hawks the last few years, season ticket turnover is almost zero so you will have to be patient.

There are ways to buy season tickets for more than face value, but they will only be your seats for the year you bought them. The seller will still have rights to the seats.

There is one other, but very costly way, buy a pair of Charter Seat Licenses and the accompanying season tickets.

Great seats, big bucks to start, but just normal season ticket renewals after the fact and then you can resell your Charter Seat License to anyone you want for whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

GO HAWKS!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have two seats and haven't moved in three years, while before that we moved up a little just about every year. Tickets have been worth more than face value lately and so nobody is going to give them up. If they can't or don't want to go they'll just keep and resell for a profit.

Nevertheless, buy and hold is a good strategy if you want Seahawks tickets for a long time. I believe we have had at least seven wins in 16 or more of the 19 years that Paul Allen has owned the team, and that counts 2008 which was effectively lost to injuries (Hasselbeck injured his back in the preseason). Even in the Jim Mora year (2009) we had four home wins including two home shutouts.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm one of the very rare stupid people. I ended up with an extra set of tickets because of the death of my brother during the lean years. I didn't want to give them up so kept them but got tired of eating the cost of preseason games because I couldn't get anything for them. I made an agreement with my ex brother in law that they were his as long as he wanted them. The money I have missed out on the last 4 years is huge. I really don't regret the decision too much though because I love the people who are filling the seats and I don't have to worry about there behavior in my seats plus the 2 seats are right behind mine so no drunks pouring Beer down my back. It also gives me 2 extra shots in the SB lottery every time we get there.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Rob12":25mhwg3f said:

You will need to immediately get signed up to be on the Blue Pride Membership Notification List. As of right now the Membership list is sold out and is capped at 12,000 members. Each seat that you want will cost you a deposit of $100 and I believe you can't get more than 4 seats.

Depending on how well the Seahawks do you might be waiting more than 5 years and I believe that might be a more optimistic guess. I was on the membership list for four years before I got mine.

Bottom line is that you will need to be VERY patient and when you are offered seats they may not be the best but take them when you can. I'm not 100% sure but if you refuse I think you go to the bottom of the membership list. If I am wrong I am sure someone here will correct me.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ct4e03x said:
I see folk sitting in wheel chairs in prime locations which would cost a healthy person over $500 a game.

Not in a wheelchair, but it takes me a long time to climb those stairs and when I finally do get to my seat I have to take the time to get my wind back which can take up to 10 minutes. I try to make sure I use the restroom before I make the climb and I bring my own food and water. Really sucks having this.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I would email your ticket rep asap and explain your health issue. I let them know my father had a disability when we first got our tickets three seasons ago and my rep got us tickets requiring a total of 0 stairs for the same price as the ones at the top of the nose bleeds. My dad has a legitimate disabled pass but they haven't asked to ever verify it.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
12HawkFan":hmolde93 said:
Rob12":hmolde93 said:

Unless you have paid a deposit to be on the Blue Pride Waiting List, the chance is ZERO.

When teams are in a good run like the Hawks the last few years, season ticket turnover is almost zero so you will have to be patient.

There are ways to buy season tickets for more than face value, but they will only be your seats for the year you bought them. The seller will still have rights to the seats.

There is one other, but very costly way, buy a pair of Charter Seat Licenses and the accompanying season tickets.

Great seats, big bucks to start, but just normal season ticket renewals after the fact and then you can resell your Charter Seat License to anyone you want for whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

GO HAWKS!!!

When you say big bucks, how much are we talking. Just looking ballpark to see if it is even an option. My wife and I have been investing out money in commercial real estate, and had figured we would have to wait until the hawks sucked again to get anything decent. I Haven't looked into season tix too much as I heard they are pretty much unavailable.

This might be an option depending on how many zero's is in "big bucks".

12HawkFan

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2kniob5g said:
12HawkFan":2kniob5g said:
Rob12":2kniob5g said:

Hope this helps.

GO HAWKS!!!

When you say big bucks, how much are we talking. Just looking ballpark to see if it is even an option. My wife and I have been investing out money in commercial real estate, and had figured we would have to wait until the hawks sucked again to get anything decent. I Haven't looked into season tix too much as I heard they are pretty much unavailable.

This might be an option depending on how many zero's is in "big bucks".

Here is a link to a PSL, (Personal Seat License), re-selling site that I know of, there may be more:

http://www.pslsource.com/buy_seattle_se ... n=Seahawks

To answer your question about the number of Zero's, a minimum of 4, ($10,000).

Big bucks for sure but they are your PSL's to do what you want with, when you want to and for however much you want to.

PSL prices DO NOT included Season Ticket Prices, they are separate and increase every year somewhat.

Just so you know, all of the PSL's the Hawks sold at the opening of the Clink years ago cost $999 if memory serves me right.

GO HAWKS!!!

Latest posts