Russells XLIX post game interview

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[youtube]OmsYJ5XxCJ0[/youtube]

A professional from start to finish

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Great reminder !
... the same "classy sportmanship" we saw yesterday, huh? ... ' nuff said ...

Throwdown

Reaction score
I still haven't watched anything post game from SB49. But yesterday was the first time I looked at Newton like really bro? When he walked off.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Newton is a punk, plain and simple. He's as soft as it gets. He's a leader of teenagers, not a leader of men.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
AirStrike":t1enk6wv said:
Newton is a punk, plain and simple. He's as soft as it gets. He's a leader of teenagers, not a leader of men.

Yup. Classic lack of mental toughness.

I noticed he stopped dancing too.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Dab THAT ya punk-azz

At least we didn't have to watch his on field dancing antics!
Bet they don't give him the MVP again next year, even if they go 18-0

Sign37now

Reaction score
What a difference between the two. So glad we have Russ and not that douche.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I have no problem at all with Newtons dancing and celebrating. In fact I like it. (not when he's doing it to Seattle) But I cannot stand him being a sore loser like that too. Dude you throw it in everyones face when your running your wway to 15-1. "Having so much fun" , act like a grown up when you lose. Can;t be the cocky clown when your winning if your going to be the whiny baby when you lose.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This is real class. Giving respect to the opponent, even after the most sour loss he'll ever experience is something special. Not many people can even do this, Russ can. He's a true leader.

McGruff

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3esb94ha said:
I have no problem at all with Newtons dancing and celebrating. In fact I like it. (not when he's doing it to Seattle) But I cannot stand him being a sore loser like that too. Dude you throw it in everyones face when your running your wway to 15-1. "Having so much fun" , act like a grown up when you lose. Can;t be the cocky clown when your winning if your going to be the whiny baby when you lose.

Actually you can. In fact, it is the most consistent thing to do. If you are going to act like a child when you are getting your way, you act like a child when you lose.

Say what you want about Cam, but in all circumstances, good or bad, he has the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Cam Newton was right. The world had never seen a black quarterback like him in the Super Bowl before.

Thank god for that. At first I thought he was being completely insulting to Russell Wilson but now in hindsight I see what he was talking about. Wilson is a class act while Newton is a petulant child.

Someone should give him some tissue to dab those delicious tears away.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
When Giants beat the Patriots in the Superbowl, Tom Brady sat in his locker room for 40-45 minutes before heading out to the media. That cool down period is important for some athletes.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Neuter has no class from start to finish! Loved the fact he lost his smirking smile during the game... :th2thumbs: Russell Wilson on the other hand is all about class win or lose. We are so lucky to have such a quality person and player for our QB! Doesn't get any better. I also thought Peyton Manning showed a lot of class after the game, and probably would have if the Bronco's lost... Cam Neuter is another story.. But, I loved it!!! :lol:

MVP53

Reaction score
Not just the post game behavior either, but just in the way they lost. Look at the Hawks and Russell's loss to Carolina. They went down swinging, like they always do. When Cam got down, he pretty much just tapped out. You think Russell doesn't dive after that loose ball? You think Russell sulks around on the field, wasting precious time after being sacked?

I'm way more proud, as a Hawks fan than Panther fans should be right now.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
MVP53":n4yld3n5 said:
Not just the post game behavior either, but just in the way they lost. Look at the Hawks and Russell's loss to Carolina. They went down swinging, like they always do. When Cam got down, he pretty much just tapped out. You think Russell doesn't dive after that loose ball? You think Russell sulks around on the field, wasting precious time after being sacked?

I'm way more proud, as a Hawks fan than Panther fans should be right now.

Wilson threw for nearly 300 yards in the 2nd half of the Carolina game. And on the sidelines you could look at his face and in his eyes and you knew that he believed they could come back and win that game. And when the Seahawks drove 60 yards and kicked the field goal with a minute and a half left in the 4th quarter the cameras panned Newton and his face showed it all... you could see that he was stressing because even HE BELIEVED that the Seahawks could come back against them - you could see his sphincter tightening up right there (and Newton was even interviewed and said that they were stressed with 30 minutes remaining in the game).

And then you have Newton in the Super Bowl here...and I'm not sure that Newton conveyed that kind of confidence at all (nor fear or respect from their opponent).

I will take Wilson over Newton any day. I'm not sure that Wilson has played a single game in the NFL where I didn't believe that it was possible that Wilson could come back and win the game...even when they were down 31-0 to the Panthers. I freaking love this guy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":d710mhyz said:
Cam Newton was right. The world had never seen a black quarterback like him in the Super Bowl before.

Thank god for that. At first I thought he was being completely insulting to Russell Wilson but now in hindsight I see what he was talking about. Wilson is a class act while Newton is a petulant child.

Someone should give him some tissue to dab those delicious tears away.
Newton should be tied down, and forced to watch Wilsons' interview after losing SB 49, & how a REAL League MVP SHOULD handle gut wrenching adversity.
Night & Day Personalities.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":258s4d65 said:
When Giants beat the Patriots in the Superbowl, Tom Brady sat in his locker room for 40-45 minutes before heading out to the media. That cool down period is important for some athletes.
Not the really classy ones IMHO, Russell Wilson has enough self respect, respect for his competitors, and the game of Football....I doubt it took him very long to address the Media after a big loss.
It also doesn't take him long to shoulder the blame for ANY of his losses.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
AirStrike":2xr2whcm said:

I don't think he's a punk. He's just a sore loser. And will never change. Reason why everyone said he's matured is cause he didn't have these moments this year. And that's because this is only the second game he lost.

So glad his true colors came out.

RussB

Reaction score
Was this even a question? Everyone except cam nuthuggers and panther fans know that wilson is a better leader and overall has more class. Cam dances and act like a cocky ass douche when hes winning but pouts like a little girl when he loses. He just didnt lose alot this year so nobody got to see it.

Latest posts