Wright and Wagner working with D-Line

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Trying to improve their pass rush.......

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/07/30/six-observations-day-1-seahawks-training-camp

Bobby Wagner, Seattle's Pro Bowl middle linebacker, spent a bit of time at the start of Saturday's practice working out of position. Wagner, as well as fellow linebacker K.J. Wright, were seen working in individual drills with D-line coaches Travis Jones, Dwaine Board, and the rest of the Seahawks' defensive line on improving their pass rush, an area Wagner said he's hoping to improve heading into 2016.
“I’m just trying to be more versatile," Wagner said. "I think you don’t want to really want to limit yourself to one craft. I know I’m really good at tackling, but one of the things I want to get better at is blitzing, and what better way to get better at it than work with Mike B. and Cliff [Avril] and guys like that to help make my pass rush better.”

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I thought this was interesting as well. I've actually thought that Wagner has been very good when he's gotten opportunities to rush the passer, whether that be against a Back or OL, but improvement is improvement. In theory, the WLB has a really good line to the QB with the 3 tech in front of him on the outside shade to the gaurd and the Leo on the outside shade of the tackle. While we haven't really called for a lot of blitzes from the position, Wright could actually stand to improve in getting past blockers on a pass rush. He plays it kind of oddly like he's still in contain, which admittedly could be that job in some cases.