Holmgren and KJ CRITICIZE Jamal Adams

Mizak

Reaction score

'Garbage? Yes!' K.J. Wright Blasts Seattle Seahawks S Jamal Adams​

During his podcast "KJ All Day", former Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wrightlit Adams up too. In the comment section, one listener wrote, "Adams is hot garbage lol." Wright saw the comment and addressed it this way, “Say what I’m thinking right now, Gee. You say it. I don’t want to say it. It starts with the letter Y and ends with an S.”

Hey KJ, you know what also begin with Y and ends with S? YikeS.

From Holmgren:

Do you guys agree?

LTH

Reaction score

'Garbage? Yes!' K.J. Wright Blasts Seattle Seahawks S Jamal Adams​

During his podcast "KJ All Day", former Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wrightlit Adams up too. In the comment section, one listener wrote, "Adams is hot garbage lol." Wright saw the comment and addressed it this way, “Say what I’m thinking right now, Gee. You say it. I don’t want to say it. It starts with the letter Y and ends with an S.”

Hey KJ, you know what also begin with Y and ends with S? YikeS.

From Holmgren:

Do you guys agree?

I think my feeling has changed about Jamal. I think Holmgren is right it's not an easy decision... I mean I really don't know if the guy is a cancer in the locker room. It sounds like KJ might think so.

I was thinking what could Seattle possibly gain by cutting him now? I don't think there is a monetary gain and even if there was what at this point are they going to do with it At this point in the season?

I'm very curious to see if Carroll benches him vs Philly. I'm very curious to know how Carroll is going to deal with him.

But even more interesting is if Carroll benches him what message would that send to the team?

It's an interesting situation.

LTH

renofox

Reaction score
I think my feeling has changed about Jamal. I think Holmgren is right it's not an easy decision... I mean I really don't know if the guy is a cancer in the locker room. It sounds like KJ might think so.

I was thinking what could Seattle possibly gain by cutting him now? I don't think there is a monetary gain and even if there was what at this point are they going to do with it At this point in the season?

I'm very curious to see if Carroll benches him vs Philly. I'm very curious to know how Carroll is going to deal with him.

But even more interesting is if Carroll benches him what message would that send to the team?

It's an interesting situation.

LTH
They cannot cut him - it would be a cap violation.

I've been asking for his benching for a long time. It's what the players need (and, I dare say, WANT) to see.

PC eating a little crow would just be an added bonus.

LTH

Reaction score
They cannot cut him - it would be a cap violation.

I've been asking for his benching for a long time. It's what the players need (and, I dare say, WANT) to see.

PC eating a little crow would just be an added bonus.
Why do you think if Carroll benching Adams would be Carroll eating crow?

renofox

Reaction score
Why do you think if Carroll benching Adams would be Carroll eating crow?
Because he would finally have to admit he made a mistake in trading for and extending Adams.

Why do you think he was extended at a huge overpay? Many here, myself included, believed PC made THAT huge mistake to avoid admitting the trade was a.mistake.

Why hasn't Adams been cut or benched even though he's been a minus player for years. Again, PC...

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah... I don't know what Carroll thinks about those things.. I guess we will know for sure eventually.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Because he would finally have to admit he made a mistake in trading for and extending Adams.

Why do you think he was extended at a huge overpay? Many here, myself included, believed PC made THAT huge mistake to avoid admitting the trade was a.mistake.

Why hasn't Adams been cut or benched even though he's been a minus player for years. Again, PC...
Yep, my feelings exactly.

Pete pushed all his chips to the center of the table when he traded for Adams then double downed when he signed him to a market setting contract in a year in which Adams' numbers plummeted from what they were when they first traded for him, the Seahawks defense tanked, and the team finished with their worst record since the Mora year and missed the playoffs.

But Pete's ego won't let him admit that he made a huge blunder, so I would be shocked if Pete sucked it up and benched Adams like he would with any other random player. Ego trumps "always compete".

It was the Adams trade where Pete lost me. I said then that I trusted him when it came to his judgement on defense. Man, was I snookered.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
So glad we redid his contract and rolled that huge contract into future years. So much fail from this front office decisions.

NoGain

Reaction score
Jamal Adams...the gift that keeps on giving...

cymatica

Reaction score

That's even worse than making a mistake. If he just ripped the band aid off instead of extending him, he could have at least salvaged some dignity. Instead he doubled down on stupid

seabowl

Reaction score
.....Opposing teams completions.

Dude is slow, can't catch, and can't cover. I just don't get it. Reminds me of that Moneyball quote "If he's such a good hitter why doesn't he hit good".
Ever since coming back from his last injury, he is a shell of his former self. It really seems to me that he is trying to avoid contact so as to not get injured again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

OR maybe Pete was holding out hope & wanted to give Adams the CHANCE to heal and see IF he could come back as good or better than PRE-INJURY form.
Adams is holding back to keep from crippling himself permanently...Adams is Mentally BROKEN, Benching his ass would mean that Pete want's to do what's BEST for the Team, NOTHING MORE...No Crow, or any other crap some of y'all are dreaming up because SOME of y'all are being hateful & petty.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Based on everything Pete preaches and gets praised for around here he has to bench him. KJ is right, if Seattle rolls out the exact same starters then it’s a clown car. I’ve always agreed Pete is an all time great at culture building. If he does nothing? Then that element is lost too.

morgulon1

Reaction score
.....Opposing teams completions.

Dude is slow, can't catch, and can't cover. I just don't get it. Reminds me of that Moneyball quote "If he's such a good hitter why doesn't he hit good".
He's got a safety's face. You can tell he has confidence.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
During his presser this past week, Pete made it clear he thought the world of Jamal and his progress to make his way back from his injury. He basically hinted that he's not fully back which is why he is struggling, but should be back to normal next year.

If Pete stays next year, so will Jamal.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
During his presser this past week, Pete made it clear he thought the world of Jamal and his progress to make his way back from his injury. He basically hinted that he's not fully back which is why he is struggling, but should be back to normal next year.

If Pete stays next year, so will Jamal.
Nope, he will be cut after the June deadline. Thats a lock. No way he's on the team next year. He's a problem and Pete's done with him.

jeremiah

Reaction score

I cannot disagree with a word you wrote there. PC is the one who needs to go. He IS A LIABILITY TO THE FUTURE OF THE Hawks.

jeremiah

Reaction score
OR maybe Pete was holding out hope & wanted to give Adams the CHANCE to heal and see IF he could come back as good or better than PRE-INJURY form.
Adams is holding back to keep from crippling himself permanently...Adams is Mentally BROKEN, Benching his ass would mean that Pete want's to do what's BEST for the Team, NOTHING MORE...No Crow, or any other crap some of y'all are dreaming up because SOME of y'all are being hateful & petty.
For the money he is stealing playing pretend Professional ball, go out and cripple yourself from effort, not from sacking too many wives and GF's of others. Set for life money, all any of them have to do is keep their spending to $100K a year. I don't feel bad for them at all, when they screw it up after their days are over. JA least of all.