Ifedi looks like the real deal

Rob12

Reaction score
Have a buddy at training camp, and he said Ifedi is "more than holding his own" against guys like Michael Bennett. I've read reports at HawkBlogger and Field Gulls that share the same sentiment.

I think he's going to end up being one hell of a player for us. Guy won't back down from anyone.

He also said Hunt and Webb looked good. Britt looks average.

If our line comes together this will be the best Seahawks team ever.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Good new. Between him and Glowinski, I hope this cleans-up issues with interior pressure and maintains a pocket for longer. I actually have less worry about Wilson handling exterior pressure than stuff up the middle.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of doubts on Ifedi. The real good news is hearing Webb is playing well. He was probably the biggest question mark on the line, if he doesn't perform we really don't have a strong replacement.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Hunt is looking better than Britt at this point why screw around with Britt any longer?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I take practice reports with a grain of salt. Want to see how he holds up in preseason first.

But I suppose it's better than reading "Ifedi looks completely lost out there and is likely going to get Russell murdered by Suh on September 11th."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2mqaif04 said:
If Hunt is looking better than Britt at this point why screw around with Britt any longer?
I wouldn't make any definitive decisions about Britt or Hunt until they are in a preseason game or two. Though it's great that the reports about the offensive line seem generally positive.

McGruff

Reaction score
Ifedi and Glowinski are both getting positive press, and not just from Cable.

Although Cable loves him some Gary Gilliam. That much is obvious.

RiverDog

Reaction score
lobohawk":2d3nbar1 said:
Good new. Between him and Glowinski, I hope this cleans-up issues with interior pressure and maintains a pocket for longer. I actually have less worry about Wilson handling exterior pressure than stuff up the middle.

Agreed. Too many times Russ was on the run from the moment of the snap due to pressure up the middle.

BTW, has anyone been checking out how our RB's are doing at blocking? I never saw Rawls do much blocking last season as he came out a lot on 3rd downs and we know that Michael's long suit isn't blocking. Any Mack Strong's in the waiting line?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3j9o1i5e said:
I take practice reports with a grain of salt. Want to see how he holds up in preseason first.

But I suppose it's better than reading "Ifedi looks completely lost out there and is likely going to get Russell murdered by Suh on September 11th."

If Ifedi, a rookie, has been holding his own in practice versus Bennett of all defenders (who has been seriously amped up this TC according to reports), I don't think it's premature to let out a hell yeah!

Just stay healthy. Webb, too.

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Anything positive is a plus right now with the line, but I do love the nasty both Glowinski and Ifedi are showing. After the Panthers murdered us in the trenches last season it was obvious the team needed a mean streak in there. Both tackle positions still bother me though. LT is a hard position to play in this league and we have a unproven converted tackle there not to mention that Webb is not exactly known for being a stuff RT. Center is what I worry about the least. At worst we end up with Lewis in there if Britt or Hunt don't work out.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Rob12":17sxt35l said:
He also said Hunt and Webb looked good. Britt looks average.

Britt looked average? Well that's a step up!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2gr91ny8 said:

My theory:

They are grooming Britt to be the next McQuistan. The kind of guy that you hope doesn't ever have to start but can play all along the line.

He basically is relatively cheap, and we don't save much by letting him go. Like it or not, he's the most experienced OL in the group. If he can play emergency OC, then he has more value as a plug and play guy at 4 positions.

I fully expect to see it sorted out by the start of the third preseason game. He needs all the reps he can muster early in order to learn the new position. But I think when it comes time to play for real, they'll go with the more practiced hand (Hunt or Lewis) and relegate Britt to #2 at a lot of slots.

As for Ifedi. There couldn't have been a more striking contrast to the beginning of their first TC than Ifedi and Britt. Britt just looked ridiculously overmatched. I remember Avril just destroying him at will.

Ifedi isn't playing in space -- which I think he is less capable of doing. But on the interior he was a complete beast in college. I like that we're putting him in a position to succeed early.

If he ends up staying inside but is awesome at it I'm totally good with burning #31 overall on him.

Overall, I think there is a lot to like about these early reports. Because everyone is going into this TC with a critical eye and a patent refusal to drink the kool aid about the OL woes. So to come away with good impressions when we're all fully expecting a disaster is telling to me.

Is it early? Yeah. But we've seen bad and early before. It doesn't seem like we're talking about the same prognosis for this group of guys.

McGruff

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":xrskq6yc said:
brimsalabim":xrskq6yc said:

My theory:

They are grooming Britt to be the next McQuistan. The kind of guy that you hope doesn't ever have to start but can play all along the line.

He basically is relatively cheap, and we don't save much by letting him go. Like it or not, he's the most experienced OL in the group. If he can play emergency OC, then he has more value as a plug and play guy at 4 positions.

I fully expect to see it sorted out by the start of the third preseason game. He needs all the reps he can muster early in order to learn the new position. But I think when it comes time to play for real, they'll go with the more practiced hand (Hunt or Lewis) and relegate Britt to #2 at a lot of slots.

As for Ifedi. There couldn't have been a more striking contrast to the beginning of their first TC than Ifedi and Britt. Britt just looked ridiculously overmatched. I remember Avril just destroying him at will.

Ifedi isn't playing in space -- which I think he is less capable of doing. But on the interior he was a complete beast in college. I like that we're putting him in a position to succeed early.

If he ends up staying inside but is awesome at it I'm totally good with burning #31 overall on him.

Overall, I think there is a lot to like about these early reports. Because everyone is going into this TC with a critical eye and a patent refusal to drink the kool aid about the OL woes. So to come away with good impressions when we're all fully expecting a disaster is telling to me.

Is it early? Yeah. But we've seen bad and early before. It doesn't seem like we're talking about the same prognosis for this group of guys.

Here's the deal, though, reports are that Ifedi has been going toe to toe with Bennett in one on one blocking drills. That's as in space as you can get. And Ifedi is hding his own against one of the best pass rushing interior linemen infootball.

kearly

Reaction score
Ifedi can make a small mistake and recover with his tools. As long as he uses his smarts and takes to coaching well enough to avoid the big mistakes, he'll be a very good player for us.

Ifedi comes across as being incredibly intelligent in interviews, similar to Russell Okung and Max Unger. Hopefully that translates into him being a good learner.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Britt made the comment yesterday (saw it in a .com video) that he thinks this is the smartest group of guys on the o-line since he's been on the team.

Other comments I've seen are that Ifedi has a nasty streak and held his own in one-on-one blocking drills with Bennett, with apparently got MB frustrated/amped up.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll let the eyeball test in a game be my meter, they said Nowack was doing well also last year, after that move and trying to force a situation I will have concerns, Britt seems like a forced move hoping to take advantage of his size and knowledge and not of his skill set at the position, Hunt is a career Center, Lewis is a proven Center, why I have reservations about him even being the starter.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
On Monday, the rookie from Texas A&M tangled with veteran Michael Bennett, who took exception to something Ifedi did. On Tuesday, Ifedi was pretty ruthless, not only throwing Brandin Bryant onto his stomach but then laying on top of him. Bennett and Cliff Avril both took exception, hollering at Ifedi to slow his roll.

Source: http://sports.mynorthwest.com/162519/le ... ning-camp/

joeseahawks

Reaction score
All this tells us is that Ifedi is a player with attitude. To me, this is a sign of a winner.
We want players with attitude. No "yes" and "No" sayers.

theincrediblesok":2t2wzbff said:
On Monday, the rookie from Texas A&M tangled with veteran Michael Bennett, who took exception to something Ifedi did. On Tuesday, Ifedi was pretty ruthless, not only throwing Brandin Bryant onto his stomach but then laying on top of him. Bennett and Cliff Avril both took exception, hollering at Ifedi to slow his roll.

Source: http://sports.mynorthwest.com/162519/le ... ning-camp/