Tukuafu back with the Hawks

Jville

Reaction score
Might as well report these comings and goings together.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/767111519238692865[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is nice but as far as the Seahawks bringing somebody back . . . . um, Gresham please!

kearly

Reaction score
Glad PCJS saw the same thing I was seeing. The rookie FB experiments weren't really working out. Tuku is a fun player and a competent lead blocker.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
kearly":3l7bv06v said:
Glad PCJS saw the same thing I was seeing. The rookie FB experiments weren't really working out. Tuku is a fun player and a competent lead blocker.

Don't forget a versatile piece who can contribute on ST.

King Dog

Reaction score
In addition to being a competent lead blocker - he would be the best wr on the 49ers this year.
We7p4C8.gif

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
One of the local media guys projected Amosa to make the final 53 roster after just a few days being on the team. I thought that was ridiculous considering he'd never played a regular season down of football and had been out of the league for 2 years. Much more likely Tukuafu makes the team as the 5th RB.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The FO is putting the band back together. Finally, a dependable FB is added.

Polk738

Reaction score
not surprising since I read most of the FB's were either hurt or underperforming

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Polk738":3bscmnm7 said:
not surprising since I read most of the FB's were either hurt or underperforming

Yeah, injuries combined with players who lacked the ability formed a sad state at FB this year. Really had high hopes for Cottom until he pulled up lame. Was thinking Bryant could have been an absolute monster at blocking, if he caught-on in time, but that was fantasy at best.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
tacomahawk":7lemf96x said:
Nice, I liked Tuku

Yeah me too. Not sure why we let him go in the first place. Bruiser, capable hands, blue collar.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Aros":2ynya5em said:
tacomahawk":2ynya5em said:
Nice, I liked Tuku

Yeah me too. Not sure why we let him go in the first place. Bruiser, capable hands, blue collar.

I'm guessing because Tukuafu is 32 and in his 7th year in the league (minimum salary increases after year six). They tried to get someone younger and cheaper, and it hasn't worked. Tukuafu adds the toughness that this team needs.

Erebus

Reaction score
If we're going to have a FB, I'm glad it's Tukuafu. The position isn't valuable enough to be worth a roster spot IMO, so it helps to have someone who has the versatility to also play on the d-line.

Hawks46

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3b8sy3mc said:
kearly":3b8sy3mc said:

Don't forget a versatile piece who can contribute on ST.

And on the DL.

And who doesn't like a 285 lb FB ?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great news.

It really sucks that Brandon Cottam got hurt, he may have ended up being "the guy," and a long-term solution no less.