Bored With The Hawks As Long As I Can Remember

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
We're currently up to the 16th pick in the draft. Go Hawks!

James in PA

Reaction score
Just good enough to not have a high draft pick. Just bad enough to miss a wildcard. Reminds me of the Erickson years. Speaking of which, we have a head coach who still wants to play a 1990's style of football. No QB of the future. An invisible owner. Not a lot to be excited about.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Just good enough to not have a high draft pick. Just bad enough to miss a wildcard. Reminds me of the Erickson years. Speaking of which, we have a head coach who still wants to play a 1990's style of football. No QB of the future. An invisible owner. Not a lot to be excited about.
These are cold hard facts.

100%.

What’s crazy is, there are fans, that will still want Pete Carroll around, knowing his product is mid tier at best now, just cause, they fear having a coach that’s low tier and not winning any games.

I tell those people, why is a franchise only able to succeed with one head coach?

Carroll’s peak run is over now.

It’s very possible another coach can come in and bring Seattle back to prominence.

Sure, it can also go sideways and Seattle become bottom NFL bottom feeders, but that at the least, gives some hope that Seattle can get better with high draft picks again.

I’ll take those chances with a new head coach than a Carroll that is just about as consistently mid tier as there is. Mid tier is boring and probably worse than stacking high draft picks for several years and rebuild with new foundation and head coach.

I’ll take that option over consistently, and expectedly, mid tier….

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
These are cold hard facts.

100%.

What’s crazy is, there are fans, that will still want Pete Carroll around, knowing his product is mid tier at best now, just cause, they fear having a coach that’s low tier and not winning any games.

I tell those people, why is a franchise only able to succeed with one head coach?

Carroll’s peak run is over now.

It’s very possible another coach can come in and bring Seattle back to prominence.

Sure, it can also go sideways and Seattle become bottom NFL bottom feeders, but that at the least, gives some hope that Seattle can get better with high draft picks again.

I’ll take those chances with a new head coach than a Carroll that is just about as consistently mid tier as there is. Mid tier is boring and probably worse than stacking high draft picks for several years and rebuild with new foundation and head coach.

I’ll take that option over consistently, and expectedly, mid tier….
If you mention wanting Pete gone then you get fearmongered by others who bring up the 90's era Hawks or crap like you'll miss him when he's gone and we're losing.

It's normal to have growing pains with a new coach, which I think is acceptable. With Pete it's no longer growing pain, it's just pain.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They weren't boring against the Cowboys. But.........they absolutely are a fairly boring, predictably and average team this year. With a LOT of talent and some really bad coaching. This should have been a playoff team, imo. Instead, we'll miss out. I always want playoffs no matter what. But, is it worth it to get the 7 seed and just get smoked by the Niners or Philly? Nah. We've seen enough of the first round exits.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks this year is like groundhog day. Same story. They get a lead, then blow it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I remember all the pre draft talk early this year about drafting a qb, and how exciting (and not stale) it would be to build around one and have hope for the future. But instead, we drafted a corner. A potentially great one, sure, but not something you can build the team around. Still feels like another missed opportunity to me. If we don't draft one next year, then my patience with this team will be exhausted.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
We're up to the 15th spot in the NFL draft order. If we drop the next two games to the Eagles and 9ers (odds are we will), we could start flirting with being a top ten pick in the draft. If we could accrue a little more draft capital near-the-top of the board (another 1st or 2nd round pick), and secure something like the 8th, 9th, or 10th pick in the draft with our native pick, who knows? We could make a move for one of the top three or so QB's in the draft, perhaps something like the 3rd QB off the board. It's not out of the realm of possibility, methinks.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
At this point in his career PC is a coach I wish on teams I hate.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Watching the D is certainly exasperating.

Even watching Carroll argue with Hurrt last game then Carroll rolling his eyes in frustration is painful, as Hurrt seems lost doing his job.

However this seems to be another Hate Carroll thread so I'll back out.

James in PA

Reaction score
At the beginning of the season, I was so critical of Hurtt. Even when they "appeared" to start turning it around, I refused to eat crow because I knew it wouldn't last. Sure enough, they are now worse than ever. That said, changing coordinators yet again is NOT the answer. Pete is completely lost trying to defend today's NFL. This is all on him. He's had years to fix this and can't even achieve "average" at this point. It's embarrassing.

Wheetie

Reaction score
At the beginning of the season, I was so critical of Hurtt. Even when they "appeared" to start turning it around, I refused to eat crow because I knew it wouldn't last. Sure enough, they are now worse than ever. That said, changing coordinators yet again is NOT the answer. Pete is completely lost trying to defend today's NFL. This is all on him. He's had years to fix this and can't even achieve "average" at this point. It's embarrassing.
^^^^This, very much so...^^^^ (I thought about CAPS everything before Scutter comes here to refute you, but I decided to keep my tone down.)

GemCity

Reaction score
From ownership down, JS is the only one I want to remain.

Pipe dream…I know. But, it has gotten stale.

We are loaded with talent. Some may think that’s debatable but preseason, there was talk of a top 5 offense…lockdown defense. Geno CAN be an all-pro.

Everything points towards coaching…