Burley > Simon or Powell

King Dog

Reaction score
Great trade. Simon and Powell aren't even close to Burley. Strange to always hear his name on the chopping block.

Sure he's not 6'3 or whatever. Doesn't matter. He's clearly a better cb.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I just don't see what people see in Simon. I think he looks terrible.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1mmqccv7 said:
Has the tools, just doesn't seem to be able to put everything together at game speed.
Also doesn't appear to trust his instincts.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Great athlete... not a great football player.

Lacks Sherm-like ball-tracking ability.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wonder if Simon getting cut could trigger some sort of christine michael style lightbulb moment.

Im guessing some team would grab him if we do. Ive not been impressed though. Who does he.make the team ahead of?

chris98251

Reaction score
He's a press corner being asked to play zone, there is a big difference.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Weird comparison. Simon is exclusively an outside corner, while Powell is primarily a safety and Burley is a true nickel corner.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3av5tq0s said:
Wonder if Simon getting cut could trigger some sort of christine michael style lightbulb moment.

Im guessing some team would grab him if we do. Ive not been impressed though. Who does he.make the team ahead of?
Let some team grab him. If he hasn't at least shown glimpses by now, odds are he won't turn that corner.
Not worth wasting a roster spot on.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":2b76a0q5 said:
He's a press corner being asked to play zone, there is a big difference.

I was watching a breakdown the other day of Marcus Peters (that's his name right, CB out of UW who plays for the Chiefs?) and the guy doing the breakdown was talking about how we was a press corner but the Chiefs are using him wrong by playing him off the line of scrimmage. Basically what this does is take away his ability to use his hands and instead exposes his lack of elite athletic ability.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Powell has a higher ceiling, and is more versatile.

Burley is more polished, but at this point he's a pure nickle/slot CB and he's hit his ceiling.

Problem for Powell is, he's playing for the 4th or 5th safety spot, which we might not need.

Probably will come down to ST play.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I really wish we would go back to the press style of pass def. at least play man more than they have been.

Don't know if I like Richards def.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ouho8t7 said:
Great athlete... not a great football player.

Lacks Sherm-like ball-tracking ability.

Are we now expecting every one of our corners to play like our perennial All-Pro cornerback?

Largent80

Reaction score
Burley came in when we were depleted a few years ago and has been very valuable. Simon hasn't done squat and last night they should have had a TD against him but the ball was poorly thrown and dropped. And we're talking about a 3rd string offense.

RussB

Reaction score
I dont know whats up with simon, he just craps the bed anytime hes on the feild honestly. Sherman always talks him up but he rarely ever delivers. Anyone remember when he got burned on this Go ahead TD in the SB against the Pats?
bradyy.0.gif

Edelman literally ran the same route on a previous drive

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think Siersay? (Injures reserve) and Tye Smith ar ebetter than simon at this point imo.

Seymour

Reaction score
RussB":10mzsf49 said:
I dont know whats up with simon, he just craps the bed anytime hes on the feild honestly. Sherman always talks him up but he rarely ever delivers. Anyone remember when he got burned on this Go ahead TD in the SB against the Pats?

Remember it?? Ya, I'd say so!! Simon was a huge key to that SB loss and fell for the same move twice and left his jock on the field. That knucklehead is just not learning from his mistakes and the sooner he hits the trail the better IMO.
Oh and the drama like he was molested after getting burned is just icing on the turd cake.

RW92

Reaction score
iigakusei":3992efty said:

Your right he not only looks terrible but is. Gets beat all the time.

Your assessment is correct.

hawker84

Reaction score
RussB":23399uhm said:
bradyy.0.gif

I agree with the sentiment here, Simon is playing below expectations. but on this play it was a blatant push off on Edelman. Edelman should have been flagged, not Simons fault.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
It will be too soon if I ever have to see Simon on Edelman or Amendola again lol

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawker84":u841nl16 said:
RussB":u841nl16 said:
bradyy.0.gif

I agree with the sentiment here, Simon is playing below expectations. but on this play it was a blatant push off on Edelman. Edelman should have been flagged, not Simons fault.

Little bit of a push, but Simon had already turned his hips in to cover the slant (just as the play was designed for him to do) and he was toast anyway. He took the bait on that one.

Latest posts