Kam was ready to take souls last night, but............

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Kam was banging last night, but it almost looked like he was a bit to aggressive? He made a point to hit hard and I'm not sure that rookie RB wanted to take another of those hits! I'm fine with Kam being the enforcer as long as we complete the tackles, heck maybe he was just happy to be hitting again!
BTW, where was Browner? Did he sit this game or were the naysayers right and his best years are behind him?

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Good points on Kam. Browner played in the 4th with the back ups. Maybe that says something?

Overall it was nice to see the team play better. Still nervous about the long snapper. I know that's being discussed elsewhere too.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah he was laying the wood alright.

Unfortunately Elliott bounced off most those hits and got more yards after initial contact. Credit Elliott for being the real deal, but would like to see kam wrap up more often

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":xi90tup0 said:

Unfortunately Elliott bounced off most those hits and got more yards after initial contact. Credit Elliott for being the real deal, but would like to see kam wrap up more often
Zeke got (as crackhead Michael Irvin used to say) "blowed up" on the bogus penalty play on a tipped ball.
The NFL is over protecting their new "Golden Boy". Jerruh is going to run that kid into the ground.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mq7vgko said:
Jerhawk":3mq7vgko said:

Zeke got (as crackhead Michael Irvin used to say) "blowed up" on the bogus penalty play on a tipped ball.
The NFL is over protecting their new "Golden Boy". Jerruh is going to run that kid into the ground.

I didn't think it was a penalty either, until I saw the replay. The ball was clearly low and way behind the receiver, and was uncatchable. In today's NFL with their emphasis on player safety, that is going to be a flag every time. Kam later said the ball was tipped at the line, and he's probably going to have to appeal a fine and they'll see that.

Not too worried about that play. More worried that Elliot actually trucked Kam on one play and broke several tackles. Our tackling in the preseason hasn't been sharp at all, including the starters.

RW92

Reaction score
It was great to see him out there. He and Elliot where getting into it. In the Oklahoma drill I would put my money on Kam.

I loved the way everyone played last night.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kid had a nice spin move on that last one. I'm sure that felt good after the first three hits Kam put on him. Kam does need to wrap up though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As I said in kearly's thread, Kam mentioned all this past week in pressers how badly he just wanted to go out and hit someone. I think that became his primary motivation where sound tackling was secondary (pun not intended). I'm all good with it because he was getting the dust off in a meaningless preseason game. Once the bullets start to fly for real, I fully expect to see Kam do his thing, including wrapping up.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":hgrsa3nv said:
I didn't think it was a penalty either, until I saw the replay. The ball was clearly low and way behind the receiver, and was uncatchable. In today's NFL with their emphasis on player safety, that is going to be a flag every time. Kam later said the ball was tipped at the line, and he's probably going to have to appeal a fine and they'll see that.

Not too worried about that play. More worried that Elliot actually trucked Kam on one play and broke several tackles. Our tackling in the preseason hasn't been sharp at all, including the starters.

Kam had already committed to the hit before the ball was even tipped; he probably didn't even see it. There wasn't even enough time for the refs to blow the whistle.

He was fine. It was his first game back and first real action since January. Your first time back coming off injury, you don't want to be super-technical, you want to bang around a bit and see how your body takes it.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2bb63wly said:
Kam got trucked Bo/Boz-style by Zeke Elliott twice last night. This was not a game that anyone should be chest-thumping for Kam.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Kam did not get trucked. I have no idea why people keep saying that. Elliot did not get run over but it's not like Kam got blown backwards. I've actually seen that happen to him before so it's not like it's impossible. I think people are overhyping the fact that Elliot took the hits in stride.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Archer":3p0ow3q3 said:
Kam did not get trucked. I have no idea why people keep saying that. Elliot did not get run over but it's not like Kam got blown backwards. I've actually seen that happen to him before so it's not like it's impossible. I think people are overhyping the fact that Elliot took the hits in stride.
^^^
This

Some people need to learn what getting trucked is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdhS-t1F83o

Seafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1xwypu5w said:
Jerhawk":1xwypu5w said:

I don't think they were over protecting Zeke specifically. The hit was overly gratuitous and that is where the league is being cautious. The Hawks were beneficiaries of a couple of those calls last season.

The boys will need to run Zeke a lot but they have Morris there as well.

253hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2kvsexc4 said:
Jerhawk":2kvsexc4 said:
Kam got trucked Bo/Boz-style by Zeke Elliott twice last night. This was not a game that anyone should be chest-thumping for Kam.

Except the Bo/Boz thing was just Bo having a greater head of steam and falling forward after hitting and getting wrapped up by Boz. It wasn't anything near getting trucked or run over. Probably one of the most mis-remembered plays in history that somehow ends up more spectacular every single time someone tells it (and who probably never even saw it to begin with).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Archer":2k58p2fg said:
Elliot is for real I feel bad that Dallas will run him into the ground though. Even the Rams are doing their best not to do so with Gurley.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1rhs07um said:
Jerhawk":1rhs07um said:

Uh no.

Credit Elliot for taking the hit, but a trucking? I was laughing when the Dallas announcers were filling their fans heads with that nonsense on the broadcast.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam went high and more straight up on him, if he would have led with his shoulder and thru him it would have been a decleater, Zeke was there to deliver blows as well, give the kid credit for punching the bully and getting up and walking away. We will see if he lives by that technique or if it was just to prove a point, Walter Payton played that way his whole career.

Seafan

Reaction score
When I hear Zeke talking he sounds like Ricky Williams. Then I heard he was seen in a Seattle weed house yesterday. Jerry is concerned but said the team will take care of that.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Kam even said they had no game film on Zeke. I'm sure if it mattered they would focus on how to tackle him better next time.